Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

If DDG did leave, we have his replacement already in the club. So good to step in after a long break and perform like that.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Romero could also be a very good starting GK. He must earn a shitload to be happy as no. 2

Fracture90

Great GK, he'd probably be a starter in some bigger club if he wanted to, amazing backup keeper to have.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not sure why he’s been a backup for the majority of his European career.

Trizy

As always, very lucky to have him.

Fan favorite and rightly so.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is just 31 (will turn 32 in few days). He is good enough to play for most teams in the league, arguably he is better than Arsenal and Chelsea keepers.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Cillissen always looks solid when I've seen him too. Great with the ball at his feet. Those are the top 3 #2's IMO.
Not sure whether Buffon is considered #1 at PSG, but between him and Areola, both are fanstastic goalkeepers.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Not sure whether Buffon is considered #1 at PSG, but between him and Areola, both are fanstastic goalkeepers.
Forgot about Areola, he's solid too. Looking both Buffon and Areola up, they seem to be sharing the #1 position in the league, which is interesting. Buffon seems to be #1 in the CL, except for when he was suspended in the group games.

Fracture90

Bigger or more successful? :)
We're still a big club.

Apparently statistically our best ever keeper. :)
Poor choice of words from my side mate. Not bigger than us, but bigger clubs in general, top clubs would have been a better word to use probably.

Wolves 2:1 Man Utd

Based Adnan

Made some good saves today but was poor for the 2nd goal and his distribution was downright bizarre at times. Just hoofed it to the Wolves CBs and lo and behold we were on the defensive again.

NinjaFletch

Made a world class save in the first half, but I do think he should have done better with the two he did let in.

Ban

Made a mess out of 2nd goal, made 3 great saves before that. Actually he was our MOTM which says a lot.

Fracture90

Conceded 2 but was still our MOTM tonight by far. Tells you all you need to know about tonight's game .

Roboc7

Had a shocker with 2nd goal and may even have done better on first one. One excellent save though.

De Gea is our best player, by this stage of the cup he should be playing. Romero is a great backup but has been a career number two for a reason.

SiamDevil

I know he made very good saves but I don’t want hear people questioning De Gea’s squad status ever again. Romero will still be serviceable but we need De Gea’s level to challenge for the title.

finneh

Very sporadic as is generally the case. Great save in the first half, disappointing for the first goal and downright awful for the second. Kicking fantastic on a couple of occasions and awful on others.

Decent number 2 but that's about it.

Walters_19_MuFc

Hard to criticize because hes been fantastic every time he's stepped in but he should have probably done better for the second goal. Made a fantastic save following a header from Jimenez, though.

Patrick08

De gea could have conceded that second goal as well. He kept us in the game with 2-3 world class saves earlier.

Web of Bissaka

I think he only made one mistake.
  • poor positioning for the 2nd goal, letting too many space at the near post as he move more centrally anticipating the shot to the far post maybe, since Lindelof is already cutting down the angle of shooting. Considering that situation as the ball is moving away and a defender (Lindelof) is pressuring, not many strikers can shoot the ball to the furthest post, poor judgment by Serg there.
Otherwise, good game.

extincti fugax hominum

Had a very good game until the first goal; a couple of great saves but then 2 goals which he could do a bit more to prevent. Was still our best player on the pitch by far though which says a lot of other players.

Andersons Dietician

Made 1 really good save and the others were standard but for me he should have been stopping their 2 goals. I mean really who knows this but they seem to me like goals that DDG would have prevented, especiallly that 2nd one.

Edit: 2 good saves because he did great coming out to stop jota I think it was. Didn’t really think he was better than Smalling or Shaw.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He should've saved both goals IMO.. undid all his earlier good work..

POF

At fault for both goals but running away with the MOTM voting! Shows the general level of performance I suppose.

He looked about 70 trying to get down for the second goal.

Canagel

still our best performer. result should've been two goals and it was two goals coneded. saved two certain goals and couldve done better on one of the goals.

AaronRedDevil

Probably one of the best back up keepers around. He's made some great saves consistently. And he barely plays. Shows how focussed he is. Helped us win the EL. It's nice to have a 2nd choice keeper that keeps you confident. A very rare thing.

Red00012

I Thought for the 1st goal he needed to calm things down a bit , we were under pressure and he balloons a ball up the field straight away it comes back up and they score .

Status
Not open for further replies.