Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Will he want the no.1 spot though? Is that what his goal is? If so let’s start him in the league. By the way - not questioning his attitude as it’s obviously spot on but it’s a big jump from the cups to the league.

Point is if he is content with being a cup keeper then starting him in the PL might be a risk.

::sonny::

He will never have the chance to be a regular starter because there is no meritocracy and doesn't play the better player

Devil81

Will he want the no.1 spot though? Is that what his goal is? If so let’s start him in the league. By the way - not questioning his attitude as it’s obviously spot on but it’s a big jump from the cups to the league.

Point is if he is content with being a cup keeper then starting him in the PL might be a risk.
He's got an incredible amount of international caps and kept goal in a World cup final. I'm pretty sure he will be perfectly fine playing the likes of Norwich and Villa.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He's a good backup and should remain as one. When he starts playing often his cracks start to show and boy are they cracks.

izec

He's a good backup and should remain as one. When he starts playing often his cracks start to show and boy are they cracks.
maybe he feels the pressure being the No1, but i also think he will be average once he is a starter and plays a big amount of games. Not from the start, but at some point he wont be in the same class as now as a backup. I dont think he would be better than current Dave.

I believe in Henderson overtaking the De Gea in the near future though, unless De Gea can put himself together a bit.

el3mel

We should take the ultimate decision and bench De Gea for him, if the latter's form keeps on as it has been recently.

SATA

That coming out of his box and clearing the danger with a strong header away. Nice bit of play and refreshing to see. De Gea wouldn’t have done that

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Has anyone said that he's actually a really good back up goalie and for anyone else he'd be in most starting 11's ?
No,thought not.

DoomSlayer

Ole said it's good that Romero is putting pressure on De Gea, creates a competitive environment. Who knows, we might actually see him get the chance he deserves at this point.

croadyman

I honestly think he deserves an opportunity and there is no doubt he commands the box and distributes better than De Gea

Bristol_Red_87

Get him in.

Even if it just serves as a kick up the arse for DDG.

Commands his box much better than De Gea and at the moment at least, is as good a shot stopper.

Distribution can be shaky, but its hardly like De Gea is up there with the Ederson's and Alisson's of this World!

manunited1919

Ole said it's good that Romero is putting pressure on De Gea, creates a competitive environment. Who knows, we might actually see him get the chance he deserves at this point.
Ole should have already given him a chance. DDG has been allergic to clean sheets all season, while Romero has so many clean sheets. You can excuse DDG by saying he faces tougher competition. But I also think Romero’s command of his area makes it easier for the defense in front of him to play better.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Should've been done weeks ago. DDG was literally throwing balls into his own net and Romero still couldn't get a sniff.
The Arsenal game was the last straw for me. He's not the only one at fault for their second goal, but it's yet another example of weak-as-piss keeping. Give him a rest, even if it's just to take him out of the firing line for a bit.

led_scholes

Since he arrived here, i think he has had a better career than DDG. He was the main gk in our europa league campaign, which is arguably our most important trophy since 2013.

In general, it is not completely outrageous to say that he has similar career, albeit with less money, with DDG. DDG has a more prestigious league trophy and 2 domestic cups, but Romero has a far more successful international career with one world cup final, 2 copa americas and one gold medal in the Olympics. Also, i think the press in Argentina never "attack" him like the do (did) with DDG, so I guess that' s a win too.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
And you are basing that assessment from??? Definitely not his time with United. He's been amazing ever since he arrived and already has twice the amount of clean sheets that De Gea does despite only starting a fraction of the games...

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
And you are basing that assessment from??? Definitely not his time with United. He's been amazing ever since he arrived and already has twice the amount of clean sheets that De Gea does despite only starting a fraction of the games...
From watching him play regularly previously

Strelok

I'd start him in the matches with smaller clubs over DDG. In these matches our main threat usually is aerial and he's better in the air or commanding the defence than DDG. There would not be many shots to stop as well. And frankly DDG has made a lot of erratic mistakes in those matches, to a point we look like we're gonna concede whenever the opponent hoofing the ball in, which is a lot. Atm he seems to have safer hands than DDG imo.

Giggsy9099

Ole should just grow a pair and start Romero. What's the worse that can happen? We letting in goals?

Roboc7

He’d be found out if he played every week, not sure he even wants to be a number one, he’s been a career number two and is very good at it.

Mike Smalling

Good to hear the commentators praise Romero during the game. Outstanding professional.

Virror

Came off his line plenty to stop chances from even happening.

Rajma

Should be starting imo I like how proactive and calculated he’s when coming off his line. Takes a lot of pressure from our CBs.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Watching tonight just makes you realise how little DDG comes out of his box.

I was caught off guard every time I saw that purple shirt somewhere I didn't expect

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
When does De Gea ever do that? Super performance from Romero that tonight, one of his best in a United shirt

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Watching tonight just makes you realise how little DDG comes out of his box.

I was caught off guard every time I saw that purple shirt somewhere I didn't expect
I know right, it was like a throw back to the days of having VDS in goal where chances were sniffed out before they were even chances

RedDevilRoshi

The best GK presently at the club just now

Never ever puts a foot wrong and always there when we need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.