Server upgrades tomorrow (Monday)

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Update: Server Upgrades Complete

-----------------------

Tomorrow morning from around 9am GMT we'll be undergoing a major server upgrade. This will result in downtime of hopefully no more than 3-4 hours.

A holding page will be in place during the upgrade with semi-regular updates on progress.

The main task is moving the database from the existing servers to the new ones. We'll also be taking the opportunity to do some long overdue database tweaks which were difficult to perform while the site was running on the current servers.

Once the site is live on the new servers you will be logged out, so you will need to log back in. Please make sure you know your password otherwise you'll have to go through the password reset process.

Also, login will be disabled on the new servers for the first 30 minutes or so to make sure everything is working smoothly from a "read-only" perspective. We'll then open up logins and the upgrade will be complete.

Hopefully the new servers will see an end to our good friend the "cannae take the strain" page (although if we have another night like Paris these new servers may well feel the heat too).

If you experience Caf Turkey during this outage please contact your local health professional for support in this difficult time.

See you on the other side :)

Last edited:

Cloud7

What am I supposed to do without the caf for 4 1/2 hours :(

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I'd grown fond of cannae take the strain captain

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm going to miss the captain. :(

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nice to see Niall finally spending our ad money on something other than pimp canes, coke and hookers.

Water Melon

Thanks @Niall and everyone else involved for this. It takes time, effort, money so well and truly appreciated!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Do you guys rememer that week or 8 days when they Caf was down?? Happened 6 years ago or summat. That was really a difficult time for me.
Wonder if you could track that date by looking at births in and around Manchester exactly 9 months after.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Do you guys rememer that week or 8 days when they Caf was down?? Happened 6 years ago or summat. That was really a difficult time for me.
How did you cope?

The downtime period may run longer than anticipated so it will be handy to get some tips.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
9 a.m. sounds like a perfect time to start the upgrade. For you lot who are on the Caf 24/7, at least it'll allow you to be productive at work. :)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
@Niall

Are you updating Xenforo at the same time or is that further down the pipeline?

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Ahh ok, great stuff. Do you know any new features we can look forward to?
Automatic bannings for people who say it's our year and who say the spurs stadium will be ready by so and so date even though evidence shows otherwise.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Does anyone else have trouble highlighting text on their iPhone? If i want to highlight a load of text i can either highlight one word or 75% of a post. I can’t scroll around to the exact word i want anymore, i definitely used to be able to. Im running safari on an old iPhone 6 if it matters. Sorry for asking here, the ask admin thread is closed?

stu_1992

Thankfully this is happening on a bank holiday for me, otherwise work would have been a whole lot more boring for half the day.