Server upgrades tomorrow (Monday)

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I have just had ERROR I'M A TEAPOT.
Logged back in and it seems ok.

bpet15

Can you clear all cookies for this site in Safari and see if it fixes it?
Cleared cookies and still not working.

On iPhone, when using WiFi, it just freezes and never reaches the home page.

On my laptop, using Edge - I get “hmmm...can’t reach this page.”

On my laptop using Chrome - I get “this site can’t be reached, www.redcafe.net took too long to respond”

On my laptop using Explorer - I get “can’t reach this page”

All using my home WiFi.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Cleared cookies and still not working.

On iPhone, when using WiFi, it just freezes and never reaches the home page.

On my laptop, using Edge - I get “hmmm...can’t reach this page.”

On my laptop using Chrome - I get “this site can’t be reached, www.redcafe.net took too long to respond”

On my laptop using Explorer - I get “can’t reach this page”

All using my home WiFi.
Possibly the DNS hasn't updated yet on your home network and you're still being sent to the old site (which is now turned off).

I take it you're on windows. Can you follow these steps to check the IP address of this site: https://support.managed.com/kb/a2312/how-to-use-nslookup-to-view-your-dns-records.aspx

For type enter "A"
For Address enter "www.redcafe.net"

Then tell me what IP address it gives you back.

bpet15

Possibly the DNS hasn't updated yet on your home network and you're still being sent to the old site (which is now turned off).

I take it you're on windows. Can you follow these steps to check the IP address of this site: https://support.managed.com/kb/a2312/how-to-use-nslookup-to-view-your-dns-records.aspx

For type enter "A"
For Address enter "www.redcafe.net"

Then tell me what IP address it gives you back.
I’m a technical idiot - so I hope I did this right.

I am getting 77.241.181.134

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I’m a technical idiot - so I hope I did this right.

I am getting 77.241.181.134
Ok that's correct so it's something else.

Can you try clearing cookies on one of the browsers you're using and see if that helps? E.g. Edge of Chrome.

bpet15

Ok that's correct so it's something else.

Can you try clearing cookies on one of the browsers you're using and see if that helps? E.g. Edge of Chrome.
I’ve cleared cookies on all browsers and still can’t reach the site.

I performed the “Windows Network Diagnotics” and get the message “Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device detected or resource (www.redcafe.net) is not responding.”

I am going to reset my WiFi network and see if that helps.

Edit: Resetting WiFi did not fix the issue.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Also just randomly popped up in the same thread when typing a message and not trying to go to a new page

Sorry, you are not allowed access that page (30658185)."

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I can't reply to the Tinder thread at all, I keep getting the same error with different numbers. I think the server is trying to tell me something :lol:

Edit: I can post when I'm not quoting @Rooney in Paris, but when I try to edit my post to include it it gives me the same error.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I can't reply to the Tinder thread at all, I keep getting the same error with different numbers. I think the server is trying to tell me something :lol:

Edit: I can post when I'm not quoting @Rooney in Paris, but when I try to edit my post to include it it gives me the same error.
Obvious solution is to ban RiP.

Dan

Just had a page saying sorry we couldn’t process your request due to a temporary fault with a picture of a dead muppet.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Cant log into the CAF when on my mobile phone.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Can you see the site and it won’t login when you try? Or you can’t see the site at all?
I can see the site when I enter the web page but when I put my email and password to log in the screen goes completely white. It works fine if I use it when I am not logged in.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I can see the site when I enter the web page but when I put my email and password to log in the screen goes completely white. It works fine if I use it when I am not logged in.
Can you clear cookies for the site and try again?

bpet15

I’ve cleared cookies on all browsers and still can’t reach the site.

I performed the “Windows Network Diagnotics” and get the message “Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device detected or resource (www.redcafe.net) is not responding.”

I am going to reset my WiFi network and see if that helps.

Edit: Resetting WiFi did not fix the issue.
@Niall
Don’t mean to pester and realize you have a million things going on - but I am starting to show withdrawal symptoms.

Andersons Dietician

@Niall I don’t seem to be getting any alerts when people reply to me. Checked show all alerts and nothing although just being in the threads I’ve seen people have written or responded to me.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I keep getting logged out on my phone, which isn’t very convenient, considering that I’m on two-step verification. iPhone/Safari.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I did yes. The two I haven’t received that I spotted were in the Entertainment section, in the Arrow thread.
Possibly someone edited the posts afterwards to tag you. In that situation no alert is sent. It's happens a fair bit.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I keep getting logged out on my phone, which isn’t very convenient, considering that I’m on two-step verification. iPhone/Safari.
When you get logged out, are you logged out completely and have to log back in, or are you automatically logged back in when you navigate to another page?

Are you able to clear all cookies for this site on your iPhone and see if that helps?

harms

Staff
When you get logged out, are you logged out completely and have to log back in, or are you automatically logged back in when you navigate to another page?

Are you able to clear all cookies for this site on your iPhone and see if that helps?
Completely. I’ll try to clear the cookies.

Steven7290

It's fine accessing the site on a computer but I haven't been able to with my android phone.
At first it loads its homepage in a text form with no images and format whatsoever, and if I clicked at anything at all it would keep loading for a long time before showing me HTTP Error 400.

I have tried clearing cache, cookies, logging in and out, no luck. :(

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
It's fine accessing the site on a computer but I haven't been able to with my android phone.
At first it loads its homepage in a text form with no images and format whatsoever, and if I clicked at anything at all it would keep loading for a long time before showing me HTTP Error 400.

Hmm, odd. Are you connecting on the same network as your computer? i.e. at home over your wifi?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff

Are you still having these issues on your mobile device?

harms

Staff
I still keep getting logged off on my phone - with cleared cookies and everything. Any advice?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I still keep getting logged off on my phone - with cleared cookies and everything. Any advice?
I presume you’ve chosen “stay logged in” when logging in? :)