Seven games away from the most promising league season since Fergie

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Amazing transfers,
The best football,
Young players I actually like.

Take away VAR shenanigans and injuries....

Anyone else starting to believe?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If Pogba stays and a starting right sided attacker arrives, there is potential for a special season coming after this one.

RUCK4444

Amazing transfers,
The best football,
Young players I actually like.

Take away VAR shenanigans and injuries....

Anyone else starting to believe?
Bojo open the pubs so I can buy this guy a beer!

Abso-feckin-lutely

That was a great watch, some really good football in spells and a hat trick for Tony which I did not expect.

Cmon let’s get behind the team and Ole and have a strong finish to the league!! GGMU:devil:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yup, 100%. So much potential in this side. We're a different side to the side that lost 2-0 to Burnley, despite it only being in mid January. Guess that happens when you add Rashford to the left wing, and then Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba to midfield :devil:
Excited for next season, especially if we manage to bring in Sancho. Most exciting and encouraging side we've had since Sir Alex by far.

Raw

Woo positivity!

Huge contrast to the dark days of negativity every week under Jose, absolute snoozeball under LVG and complete incompetence under Moyes. Feels good to be heading in the right direction finally.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If everyone stays just bring in Sancho. Maybe then either sign Igahlo or a replacement in January.

If Pogba goes, still bring in Sancho and use the Pogba money to buy Grealish.

davidmichael

I think if we sign Sancho and a young defensive midfielder to slowly transition into Matic’s successor whilst keeping Pogba we could really be a force next season, having two creative midfielders and the pace and trickery up top will cause problems for all other teams.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Naaaa Martial was just lucky tonight he can’t even score unless a ball is near him. Pogba is poison Ole is clueless and De Gea couldn’t save for a rainy day.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Woo positivity!

Huge contrast to the dark days of negativity every week under Jose, absolute snoozeball under LVG and complete incompetence under Moyes. Feels good to be heading in the right direction finally.
Yep.

every united fan I know is loving life right now.

RUCK4444

Woo positivity!

Yes sir. This is what I’m talking about.
So good to hear positivity, I thought I was going mental in that Ole thread created earlier.

We have things to improve on but it’s the direction we are headed that is vital.

You can tell we are raising our game because the Scouse pundits are having to praise us a bit through gritted teeth :D

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I still don't trust this team, I know @Samid says every game is Ole's first real test but until this team proves they can be trusted the jury is still out

Big game at Brighton next week, we've never won there so win that and I'll continue to start to believing. Too many false dawns over the past 7 years or whatever it's been to get too giddy

I've enjoyed this season more than any other post Fergie though

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Great thread, so much truer than the opposite post this morning.

Paul_Scholes18

I do not agree, but it is nice with the optimism. I am rather down myself over Pool getting the title so easy and we look miles away to challenge.

OleBoiii

EASILY the most enjoyable season post-Fergie. I love the manager. I love the squad,. I (generally) love the football.

Give us a RW and better luck with injuries, and we're a proper United team again.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
It’s the first time you’ve had a side that can play real football. You have ballers in midfield, all comfortable in possession and suited to each other. With the addition of Bruno it takes a lot of the creative burden of Pogba’s back, and Matic is comfortable bringing the ball out and drawing players in while defensively competent. Add in an exciting and pretty fluid front three and you’re balling.

Pogba has gotten a lot of stick on here but since joining how many times has he played in a midfield that can play football?

leet

I just want a good football next season and no drama.

Don't even expect to challenge for title or anything like that, just give me some good football like it was the case since Bruno arrived.

SirAnderson

So happy, I couldn't have asked for a more. I am happy for the first time in gosh knows how long about our football and the direction we are going.
This is only his first full season!

El Zoido

Next year is our year!

Seriously though, we're looking good. Ole's signings have been absolutely top class, hopefully Woody can secure a couple more of his targets over the summer.

MyBloodIsRed

Ole was my favorite playing growing up... to see him getting United back to what it should be is truly special.

love the style of football, type of people (more than good players, attitude and desire) he’s bringing in and getting results,

hopefully the lads can kick on get some trophies and top 4 to use as a launchpad for next season!

RedDevilRoshi

We do have the nucleus of a very good team. I still think we are potentially one or even possibly two seasons away from actually competing for the title but make no mistake, we are definitely going in the right direction. As Ole mentioned earlier in his pre-match presser, “take one step at a time”.

We still have a fair bit of deadwood that needs to be shipped out i.e. Lingard, Pereira, Rojo, Jones, Sanchez.

A few small tweaks need to be made of course here and there. If we keep ahold of Pogba and add both Jadon Sancho & a DM (ideally Thomas Partey or someone of a similar ilk), my word it will be one of the most exciting teams we have had for a very long time! Then of course I’ll need to change my prediction and fully start to think we can certainly challenge for the title a lot sooner than what I was expecting whilst writing this post!

Let’s not forget, we’ve got some fantastic youngsters on our books which is very exciting for our future. Six players that have really impressed me are obviously the current two that are already in the first team setup - Brandon Williams & Mason Greenwood. But the other four who I think have a very bright future here if they keep developing and performing the way they have been are James Garner, Ethan Laird & Hannibal Mejbri. The sixth one being Dean Henderson who has performed so well for Sheffield United both last season and this season. He looks a fine young GK for both Man Utd and England.

Overall, definitely for the first time I can say since Sir Alex retired, we are definitely progressing on the right track and the good times are certainly on the horizon.

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The transformation from bringing in Fernandes and having Rashford and Pogba back is huge.

Bringing in Sancho gives us 5 options for the front 3 which you'd be happy to see play in any game, with James providing cover.

Ideal world you replace Lingard and Pereira with a Grealish or someone of that ilk so that the burden on Fernandes isn't as great. Same as cover for Matic, but I'm holding out hope McT develops into that player for now.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What is equally important is that we’ve managed to do this while simultaneously making the squad younger and lowering the wage bill.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
We may or may not overtake Chelsea, but by GW38 it will be in our hands in a 6-pointer vs Leicester.

I've not been so optimistic about Top 4 in ages.

diarm

3rd place, Europa League and the FA Cup - we'll take them all.

diarm

We may or may not overtake Chelsea, but by GW38 it will be in our hands in a 6-pointer vs Leicester.

I've not been so optimistic about Top 4 in ages.
Leicester have double our goal difference so we'll need them to drop points twice before then. Could well happen because their fixtures are rotten.

Kag

Yep. It’s worth saying again that this is the best position we’ve been in post-Ferguson. It isn’t perfect and there are still bumps in the road, but the profile of our squad is just so much more balanced than it has been.

Pogba and Fernandes are the sort of midfield quality we have lacked. Maguire is, for the most part, a rock. Wan-Bissaka has solved a problem position. Rashford and Martial look like they’re on the cusp of turning into top players and Greenwood is a gem.

We need another good transfer window. Instead of playing catch up it’d be great to start getting ahead. I think Ole has real plans in place and the club has a chance to follow through on them in the coming months.

Kag

What is equally important is that we’ve managed to do this while simultaneously making the squad younger and lowering the wage bill.
Indeed. I can’t stress enough just how savvy (and ruthless) we’ve been on the squad front. Few managers would bin off Lukaku and Sanchez and attempt to see it through irrespective of the incomings.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Leicester have double our goal difference so we'll need them to drop points twice before then. Could well happen because their fixtures are rotten.
Their fixtures are terrible and their post-break form looks dodgy as hell. It will be GW38 and away, with everything to play for, but in our hands by then which is all we can ask for.