SEVEN (games to decide the future of the multiverse)

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
After 5 games :

Chelsea - 13 points +11 GD City (h) , Southampton (h)

Liverpool - 13 points +11 GD Brentford(a), City (h)

United - 13 points +9 GD Villa(h), Everton(h)

City - 10 points +10 GD Chelsea (a) , Liverpool (a)

Two home wins with our rivals playing each other two weeks in a row will probably have us top after 7 games. Chelsea have played away at Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal and got 7 points which is pretty impressive.
I think Chelsea will win both. They must be incredibly confident and look exceptionally well-drilled.

CG1010

Our results till now have been good. Obviously the Southampton draw was a bummer but still we are jointly on top in terms of points which is all one can ask at this stage.

The positives have been:
- Ronaldo and Bruno have quickly formed a partnership (or perhaps they already had) and its proving to be quite devastating
- Pogba is linking up well with Bruno and Ronaldo
- Greenwood has continued his terrific form from last season and looks to go up another level as he plays more with Ronaldo
- Rashford looks to be coming back early
- De Gea looks like a man possessed again
- Lingard may be a useful substitute to bring, having scored 2 in 3 (and assisting in one!)

The negatives:
- Sancho will obviously take time to adjust to the PL
- A lot of our players forming the backbone haven't gotten their season started yet: Maguire, AWB, Fred, Mctominay(he was injured so has an excuse), Shaw, Matic, and even potentially Varane amongst new signings.

If we can start getting the above list of players to start playing at the level they were last season then we are due to go a couple of notches up in terms of performance which would be scary scenario for opponents in the PL. At the same time, we have had every season of going 2 steps forward, 1 step back. So I am scared of that happening. Further, at the moment Varane and Maguire are playing as two CBs but I look forward to them creating a nice partnership and providing leadership from the back for defence.

tomaldinho1

It was a bit tongue in cheek but it’s true. Remember last season when Spurs made a good start and half the posters in here started moaning about how all their first XI would get into ours.

largelyworried

Next two games are must wins, and really, we need performances to match. Yesterday's performance was better but there's still a way to go to. After those two we have a tough run against Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs and City. We need to be firing on all cylinders by then. Two home games against solid but limited opponents are almost ideal for getting ourselves into top gear.

Teja

The FPL link is a bit awkward but I think it paints a good picture. I think if we're in touching distance (3-6 pts) of the top after GW 13, we'll go on to win the title.

Need to win EVE (H), LEI (A), WAT (A) and 1 win + 2 draws + 1 loss against Pool (H), City (H), Spurs (A), CHE (A). Thinking we'll win Spurs (A), Draw against City / Pool at Home and lose to Chelsea at Stamford bridge.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Next two games are must wins, and really, we need performances to match. Yesterday's performance was better but there's still a way to go to. After those two we have a tough run against Leicester, Liverpool, Spurs and City. We need to be firing on all cylinders by then. Two home games against solid but limited opponents are almost ideal for getting ourselves into top gear.
Exactly. Win the next two, get Ronaldo a few more goals, and go into the tough run with confidence and a points advantage to our rivals. That would be the ideal scenario. Then if we get through the tough run with minimal points dropped, 21 talk is on.

Giggsy13

After 5 games :

Chelsea - 13 points +11 GD City (h) , Southampton (h)

Liverpool - 13 points +11 GD Brentford(a), City (h)

United - 13 points +9 GD Villa(h), Everton(h)

City - 10 points +10 GD Chelsea (a) , Liverpool (a)

Two home wins with our rivals playing each other two weeks in a row will probably have us top after 7 games. Chelsea have played away at Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal and got 7 points which is pretty impressive.
Chelsea look like early favourites but it’s a positive them we’re level on points with them considering we haven’t necessarily put in top draw performances.

The_Midfielder

Chelsea look like early favourites but it’s a positive them we’re level on points with them considering we haven’t necessarily put in top draw performances.
They have already played AT anfield, spurs away and will play City this weekend.. after this weekend their matches against the lower half teams ..

largelyworried

From easier games though. You would fancy Chelsea to get all three points from that Southampton fixture, so we might end up having to make up those points somewhere tough.

Brightonian

From easier games though. You would fancy Chelsea to get all three points from that Southampton fixture, so we might end up having to make up those points somewhere tough.
Then again, City also dropped points at Southampton. So all of this is in the context of football being unpredictable as ever.

sugar_kane

Based on previous seasons under Ole I’d be more concerned about us dropping points against mid to lower table sides than the top six.

largelyworried

Then again, City also dropped points at Southampton. So all of this is in the context of football being unpredictable as ever.
True, though City have long since proven their ability to string together exceptional winning runs. I don’t see our team winning 15 on the bounce or whatever like City usually do. That said, the lack a decent striker could mean they’re more vulnerable to silly points dropped than usual.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
United can win any game but they can lose any game too. Really should be thinking one game at a time always and that applies to the fans aswelll

Siorac

That applies more to Arsenal then United.
Arsenal definitely can't win 'any game'. I'm sure even their fans have defeats pencilled in for games against City, Chelsea, and Liverpool in the league.

Mortegard

We're tied on points for 1st, but still considered the weakest team of the top 4 by most people. I think this will serve to both reduce the the pressure in any negative sense, and motivate our players to prove media wrong. If we can come into October and still be in a good position, I think we can surprise people. We will be up for both Liverpool and City at home and neither Leicester nor Tottenham seem very threatening.

macheda14

We're tied on points for 1st, but still considered the weakest team of the top 4 by most people. I think this will serve to both reduce the the pressure in any negative sense, and motivate our players to prove media wrong. If we can come into October and still be in a good position, I think we can surprise people. We will be up for both Liverpool and City at home and neither Leicester nor Tottenham seem very threatening.
I think it goes two ways. We're considered probably the weakest for top 4 whilst concurrently pundits saying the quality of our squad means we should be winning the league. They are both downplaying our chances whilst piling on the pressure just so they can hugely criticise us if we miss.

Pavl3n

Nope it didn't. And we should strap on for a very turbulent times during the next 10 games. Just a reminder what those fixtures are:

Leicester City vs Manchester United
Manchester United
vs Atalanta (CL)
Manchester United vs Liverpool
Tottenham vs Manchester United
Atalanta vs Manchester United (CL)
Manchester United vs Manchester City
Watford vs Manchester United
Villarreal vs Manchester United (CL)
Chelsea vs Manchester United
Manchester United vs Arsenal

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Didn't work out to well
Yeah definitely no momentum or putting down a marker from us. We are about 3 points behind where we should be. Chelsea and City are a bit above while Liverpool are about par.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Nope it didn't. And we should strap on for a very turbulent times during the next 10 games. Just a reminder what those fixtures are:

Manchester United
vs Atalanta (CL)
Manchester United
vs Arsenal
Leicester: 3 points.
Atalanta: 3 points.
Liverpool: 0 points.
Spurs: 1 point.
Atalanta: 1 point.
City: 0 points.
Watford: 3 points.
Villarreal: 0 points.
Chelsea: 0 points.
Arsenal: 1 point.

So I'm expecting us to be on 22 points after 14 games and 7 points after 5 games in the CL.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

So I'm expecting us to be on 22 points after 14 games and 7 points after 5 games in the CL.
Well that would be a disaster, but sadly very likely.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

It’s like you’ve never seen United play if you really expect defeat against Liverpool, City and Chelsea but you see us beating Leicester and Watford. :lol::nono:

Jeffthered

We will probably win a couple of the next few matches and take the pressure off ..someone will score an amazing goal, and (some) people will think all may be ok.

Then, we will start playing average, sometimes poor again, and lose a few, and then we will have all the same discussions.

It's Ole's reign and this cycle will not change. I'm fed up with it. Fed up.

Daengophile

The first seven games of our league season are crucial to setting the pace for a title charge. We play none of the top teams while a lot of them play each other. Our fixtures are:

Leeds (h), Southampton (a), Wolves(a), Newcastle(h), West Ham(a), Villa(h), Everton(h)

Ideally we can win 7 or win 6 and draw 1. 5 wins and 2 draws is also acceptable if a little frustrating, we should really be thinking 15 points absolute minimum though.

Our three main rivals City, Chelsea and Liverpool have tougher starts especially the first two teams:

City have Spurs(a), Norwich(h),Arsenal(h), Leicester(a), Southampton(h),Chelsea(a),Liverpool(a) Thats 4 and a half tough games and they would be happy with anything above 13 points imo

Chelsea have Palace(h), Arsenal(a),Liverpool(a), Villa(h), Spurs(a), City(h), Southampton(h) Again 4 tough games in there and anything above 13 points would be great for them.

Liverpool have Norwich(a), Burnley(h), Chelsea(h), Leeds(a), Palace(h), Brentford(a), City(h) 2 tough games in there as well and they should be aiming for 15 points minimum.

IF we can win our first 7 games that would open up at least a 4 point gap over second imo and really give us the belief and momentum to think this could be our year. We have the squad depth, we have the quality. We hopefully have a rejuvenated Rashford coming back after this run of fixtures. One game at a time but this could be the start of a season to remember.
This post didn't age very well

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Manchester United
vs Atalanta (CL)
Manchester United
vs Arsenal
Only good thing is that the toughest opponents are at home.

Obviously by that I mean Arsenal.

Bestietom

Having seen Liverpool versus City yesterday I feel we are as far away as ever from these 2 teams as well as Chelsea, and need a new manager and new system.

largelyworried

Manchester United
vs Atalanta (CL)
Manchester United
vs Arsenal
If you look at the runs our rivals have in the next 7 league games.

City

Burnley (h)
Brighton (a)
Palace (h)
United (a)
Everton (h)
West Ham (h)
Villa (a)

Liverpool

Watford (a)
United (a)
Brighton (h)
West Ham (a)
Arsenal (h)
Southampton (h)
Everton (a)

Chelsea

Brentford (a)
Norwich (h)
Newcastle (a)
Burnley (h)
Leicester (a)
United (h)
Watford (a)

Ignoring the games against us, the obvious threat here is City's run. Brighton might be tricky and West Ham and Everton could be hard to beat without a proper number 9 in their squad, but you wouldn't be surprised if they won all those games. Liverpool and Chelsea I think will get at least a draw or two each in their runs.

Which for us makes the critical thing the City game. If they win their other games, a defeat to them could make winning the title extremely difficult. Say we get 4 wins from Leicester, Spurs, Watford and Arsenal, beat Liverpool, draw to Chelsea and lose to City (which is a superb run) then we probably finish that spell 5 points behind City. Turn one of those wins into a draw (still a very good run) and we're 7 points behind City. I don't think we turn around a 7 point deficit.

But if we get the same number of points overall but beat City, then I think the whole thing looks a lot more congested. Maybe we end up 4 points behind the leaders, and 2 or 3 points behind the other two teams, that kind of thing. That at least keeps us in the race, on paper at least.

That said, it really highlights how damaging those Everton and Villa results were. 5 points more on the board would have transformed how we looked at this run.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Having seen Liverpool versus City yesterday I feel we are as far away as ever from these 2 teams as well as Chelsea, and need a new manager and new system.
a new system? just a system, any system would be nice...

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

Manchester United
vs Atalanta (CL)
Manchester United
vs Arsenal
Consider me well and truly strapped in. Rather than look upon that list with trepidation I can't wait. This is why we love football right?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
You may have a point but yesterdays game was the wrong example to use. Entertaining game for sure, but Liverpool were poor and were outplayed as much as United ever have been against City of late. City, sad to say, are still head and shoulders better than everyone IMO.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Consider me well and truly strapped in. Rather than look upon that list with trepidation I can't wait. This is why we love football right?
Too right.

Absolutely love the big games, and I'm sure our players do too.

You ain't a United player unless you relish the big games.