Television Severance (Apple TV)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Jesus Christ.... That series finale might be the most exhilarating hour of television since... Well since Andor... But you get the point.

Is the guy who plays Milcheck been nominated for anything? He is sensational.
Just checked the recent Golden Globe nominations, no such luck.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just finished this, unbelievable show and what an ending. Also can’t believe Christopher Walken gets nominated for awards but the guy who plays Milchik doesn’t.
I think people underestimate the physical aspect to acting. He does it brilliantly.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Just finished this, unbelievable show and what an ending. Also can’t believe Christopher Walken gets nominated for awards but the guy who plays Milchik doesn’t.
He should be up for all of them... It's up there with Considine in HoD as my favourite performance in any show I watched last year.

I imagine him not being a big name actor is going against him maybe?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The showrunners have fallen out and are now not talking to each other

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Good. Should only have been a one season wonder. A second season or more will just tarnish its overall quality.

DouLou

Been caught pooping
Good. Should only have been a one season wonder. A second season or more will just tarnish its overall quality.
I wouldn't have minded if that's the approach they took but given the various hanging plot threads I wouldn't be satisfied with one season. Although I'd say 1 more season would be enough, possibly 2 but absolutely no more.

Tony Clifton

Just finished watching this show. Jesus. Absolutely fantastic.

With an unbelievable season finale too.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
fecking horrible bump when we are all gagging for S2

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Tony Cunton

atkar83

This is one of those shows that will be very hard to match the writing of the first season (sort of like Yellowjackets) but if they manage to pull it off it could give it a real boost amongst the great series of today

LARulz

Sorry for the random bump but finally just finished watched it

Absolutely incredible show. I like how they generally didn't draw things out much and showed the stuff happening rather than near misses, especially in the final episode

I am a bit worried about season 2 in it retaining the quality but curious to see what happens

Also Mark has hell of a tough choice. Helly R or Ms Casey

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Absolutely incredible show. I like how they generally didn't draw things out much and showed the stuff happening rather than near misses, especially in the final episode

I am a bit worried about season 2 in it retaining the quality but curious to see what happens

Piss off, I thought there was a new trailer or something

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Exactly. This show should not go more than the one season. It simply won't improve upon the quality.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Exactly. This show should not go more than the one season. It simply won't improve upon the quality.
Hard disagree. The story isn't done being told. Assuming they actually went into this with a clear plan and vision, I'm looking forward to a second season. Some shows start out great and stay great, or even get better. Like The Leftovers. Or The Wire. I don't think this is a Lost situation.

LARulz

I saw the AMA the creator or whatever did on Reddit last year and was a bit worried

He seemed to say "good question" or "interesting" to a few things but equally implied they thought of it. Just worried they hadn't thought about things too much

But the biggest alarm for me was when someone asked how many more seasons/do they have an ending in mind and he said 'the show could be 2 seasons or 6'

Again, worried they'll go down a Lost or Westworld type route of shooting themselves in the foot by having no idea what the next word of the script will be

justsomebloke

Just started this, slow burn isn’t it…
That it is. And you'll be thinking that even more when you get to middle part of the season. But it needs to be for that story to be told effectively, and it's also brilliant.