Kick-off
Sun, 16 August 2020 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

90 + 5min

I don't like playing spanish teams. They always seem to take us out. I hope that Solskjaer got some solution for that. It will not be easy as Sevilla is always good in Europe.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
    United
    Have to say slightly worried about this one. Their CBs are fast as feck so they can afford to play a high line and pressure us when we're playing out from the back which is normally a recipe for disaster, also Williams is going to need help against Suso and Navas but on a positive note if they play a high line and Pogba and Bruno are on form then it could be just what Rashford needs running into space to find a bit of confidence. Whatever happens can't see this being a boring game.

ColvaleGoa

I think we will be set up to counter Sevilla. Hit them on counter as they looked like they would struggle against our pace.

binary bot
    Romero
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams
    Matic Fred
    Greenwood/Rashford Pogba Fernandes
    Martial

Drop one of Rashford/Greenwood for a bit more control in midfield and free up Pogba. Be really useful having someone good coming off the bench.

IrishMcD

I really hope Ole abandons the 1 man midfield shape. We need Bruno closer to Pogba. They'll starve us off the ball if we persist with that shape.

Shaw would be a huge miss. I hope he's somehow fit.
    Shaw has been left out of the squad mate. Didn't travel. Won't be fit until September apparently

Tel074

I really hope Ole abandons the 1 man midfield shape. We need Bruno closer to Pogba. They'll starve us off the ball if we persist with that shape.

Shaw would be a huge miss. I hope he's somehow fit.

Shaw isn't in the squad my friend so stop hoping

Red Royal

I think one of Greenwood or Rashford (probably Greenwood) should start this on the bench, purely so we have an impact sub to bring on. Lingard or James can run the first 60 mins... or have McT as an extra midfielder instead.

siw2007

Will be a very tough match, we can't think about their great record, we have to believe that if we play to our maximum we will win the match.

Romero
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Williams
    Pogba Matic Bruno
    Greenwood Martial Lingard
    Only change I would make is have Rashford off the bench who can hurt Sevilla when the game is stretched and maybe Lingard could provide a bit of extra cover for Williams. Key is to not give away cheap possession, the Spanish teams are very good at keeping the ball and they will make us work very hard to in it back, if we keep the ball and play progressively then we should have enough to win the match.

Eddy_JukeZ

Shaw has been left out of the squad mate. Didn't travel. Won't be fit until September apparently
    That is a massive miss.

We can't afford to have Pogba essentially alone in midfield in this one. Might see a repeat of the Southampton game.

They're the most inform team in Spain, unbeaten in 19 games or something like that. We're on a pretty decent run ourselves. It should be a good game. Key will be linking the midfield and attack, Pogba simply cannot be left as isolated as he was against Copenhagen because Sevilla won't give us any time on the ball in that area. Either Matic has to come further up and break lines with his passing/dribbling or Bruno has to come deeper to link. Defensively, if we're able to restrict Banega I'm pretty confident of our chances. Williams has been a problem recently but Suso is far from a worldbeater.

Guessing it'll be the same lineup as last time with Matic in for Fred and Lindelof in for Bailly, though that second one could go either way.

Chairman Steve

Heritage!

This is the start of the difficulty spike. The remaining 3 teams are teams we can’t afford to feck around with. Every opportunity must be taken against them because they are legit good teams.

NJM78

2-1 loss

Same team as yesterday but with Matic for Fred.

Cannot see us winning personally.

Glorio

My goodness, that was a poor side!!! Yes, Sanchez was a big name, Lukaku as well at some level, but in terms of actual performance levels, that side should've been the underdogs!

Redfrog

Weve been slow and insipid for weeks.
    Cant see us winning this game.

It'll be a repeat of the FA Cup semi and we'll be well beaten.
    Why ? Will we play 3 at the back with James up front ?

So much negativity on here.

Should be better not to qualify as we will lose against mighty Sevilla anyway.

I've not been impressed by Sevilla tonight by the way. The match was so boring and they créateur nothing against Wolves.

Our team is so underrated on here.

We had a good match yesterday by the way, de were just no clinical enough. And I know, FCK are a sh*t team on paper but anyone with eyes could see that they can play football and were not pushovers.

Skills

Snitch
    My goodness, that was a poor side!!! Yes, Sanchez was a big name, Lukaku as well at some level, but in terms of actual performance levels, that side should've been the underdogs!
    By design. Mourinho dropped Pogba and Martial.

Replace Lingard and Sanchez with them and that's a much better team

edcunited1878

He and Molde beat them at home 1-0 in 2016 but lost on aggregate. If he can do that with Molde he will win on neutral ground with this team hopefully.
    Sevilla is not an easy opponent though, it will be a tough match.
    Correct...I didn't know the exact context, as Ole said that comment about Wolves or Sevilla after yesterday's match...but totally agree that it'll be a tough match as Sevilla are very tough opponent. You always want to play quality and different teams. You don't learn much or improve from playing Wolves multiple times per year. But by playing against Sevilla, a couple tactical wrinkles, analysis of your opponent, and how you can neutralize but harm them, will be a good challenge. Looking forward to the semi-final tie against a continental side.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
    Two years ago a game with Sevilla marked the start of the end for Mourinho at Man Utd. God willing, this match with them will mark the start of a new beginning under Ole.

Beans

Supports
    Neutral
    Jose fan boys would hate the thought of having Ole beat sevilla and then beat Conte in the final. No argument to stand on after that .

Excited for the game. Will be tough but we are facing a Proper CL opponent so would be fun. Would have liked it to be a 2 legged tie but one leg might suit us.
    First real test?

redshaw

Wolves or Sevilla would be equally tough but I'm pleased it's not Wolves again (so dull) and we get a chance for some revenge and Ole can exorcise the ghost of Jose. Would be a real feather in the cap for Ole to beat a tricky Spanish team in a semi-final.

I'm concerned about our fitness with the grueling PL program end and long game vs Copenhagen.

keithsingleton

We need to produce the form just after lockdown, if we do not only will we beat Sevilla but also win the final against Milan. If our last couple of matches anything to go by we're in trouble.

COME ON YOU REDS.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Couldn’t handle going out in a third semi final. This will be our 23rd cup game this season. It has surely got to count for something.

3KDré

Had to go back to see this again. All the clueless idiots in the comments. Let’s right this wrong.

Gonna be a tight game, hard to call but considering we supposedly played bad the other night but had 16 chances saved, hit the post 3l4 times i can't see us not scoring.

Beating these will be one more step in righting Mourinho's wrongs.That motherfecker should have been sacked right after that post match interview.

Glorio

We can't afford them anything near the amount of possession they had tonight, you don't want to be chasing shadows in this heat, need bodies in that midfield. Hope the heatwave would've passed by then!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 299 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sevilla win
  • Draw