Kick-off
Sun, 16 August 2020 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MrBest

Just go cry somewhere else. What a dumb post.
    Dumb as your response? I am not crying, im just confused at your basic response, why bother. It's my opinion so grow up and debate like an adult. Ole is pathetic, he took 87 minutes to make a change in a semi final. He did the same against Chelsea. He is out of his depth, spent 130m on two crap defenders.

Dobba

Ole desired Maguire and AWB. That rubbish cost 130 million.
    Well, unfortunately for us we'd previously hired a supposed defensive genius who left him with one of the worst back fives in the top half of the Premier League. Hard to get a yung n' lurnin bargain when you need a guaranteed starter and the selling team knows you're dogshit and desperate.

RUCK4444

In a period of 10 mins we created but on balance we weren't comfortable for sustained periods. This is Sevilla, not real or Barcelona. When you spend almost 200m since the last game you expect better control than what we've experienced. It's simple as.

We had a period where we created a lot but I don't think we controlled say, the first half, at all.
    Check the attempts from each team. We were comfortably better and better finishing would have us all saying that game was quite comfortable.

Scholes saying the same right now.

Green_Red

Sickening to los but we played well, had some good chances but Sevilla showed their experience and managed to defend all our chances. It is what it is. Looking forward to next season now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    If his body positioning was perfect it wouldn't have mattered. As a defender, you do not decide to just leave the man you're marking without telling a soul, it's astonishingly bad.
    It’s Lindelöfs man all day long.

why isn’t he saying this guys mine? He’s a centre back ffs. What else was he doing apart from just standing there?

bruno went over and set him straight too so obviously he agrees.

hopefully that’s the last we see of him.

Stretender

Does Rashford has it in his contract that he must start? He has been useless past 10 games

Ranchero

Scholes cannot say we were the better team. We were not. The game is about goals. Sevilla were the better team. Wake up, legend!

Irrational.

How many saves did the keeper make that you wouldn't have expected an average keeper to make? I don't think there were any.
    Fair point and we simply should've done better with the number of attempts we had on target. However you'd expect at least one or two to creep in.

They had three shots on goal and scored two. We had nine and were thwarted by their keeper for the rest of them.

SirScholes

I think everyone slaying Williams needs to remember his actual age and development age
    He’s in because the 1st choice is injured, been running on empty for the last couple games, considering all that he’s done the best he could

Maureen-yo

I still don't understand why Rashford can't be dropped. Besides winning the penalty, what did he do in the whole. Ole blind loyalty will cost him his job. I rather move Martial to be left and put Igaho as central striker.
    And even that penalty win was after he’d fluffed the chance.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
    Supports
    USA Manchester Red Socks
    Mata,Lingard,Periera,Ighalo, .1 cant run, the next 2 are clearly not wanted at the club (does anyone want them ?) and the other is a ok-ish loan option who is erratic with his finishing.
    Our.Options.Suck.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Check the attempts from each team. We were comfortably better and better finishing would have us all saying that game was quite comfortable.

Scholes saying the same right now.
    I've checked this, it came during a patch where we did well, and not reflective of how the game went. We didn't consistently put them under pressure, and we mellowed out after 56 mins or so.

And yeah, I wouldn't go by Scholes on punditry mate.

The Red Thinker

I'm actually not that upset, we just couldn't take our chances, it happens.

Still don't get the weirdly late subs though, do you?
    Yes, the late subs were a weird punt. He trusted his first team to pull through, but in the end they didn't.

Rashford was poor.
    Martial forgot finishing.
    Greenwood forgot passing.
    Pogba forgot shooting.
    Williams forgot positioning and defending.
    AWB forgot passing.

It was just one of those weird weird days. We went down swinging. This is still progress by leaps and bounds from the crap we've pulled in the last 7 years.

Deery

Dreary
    Aw well, still a decent season, could have done better but the experience will come. Maybe need another midfielder or right winger..

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    It’s Lindelöfs man all day long.

why isn’t he saying this guys mine? He’s a centre back ffs. What else was he doing apart from just standing there?

bruno went over and set him straight too so obviously he agrees.

hopefully that’s the last we see of him.
    Frankly, our forward players have no right to tell other players what they should be doing.

Why does he need to? AWB is standing next to the player FFS. He has his hands on him. Lindelof has the space across the 6 yard box. So Lindelof picks up the player and AWB marks the corner flag?

Superunknown

Mata,Lingard,Periera,Ighalo, .1 cant run, the next 2 are clearly not wanted at the club (does anyone want them ?) and the other is a ok-ish loan option who is erratic with his finishing.
    Our.Options.Suck.
    If you were the other team, you would love it when we make a sub. Simply because of the difference in quality. Would you rather face Martial, Rashford and Greenwood, or would you rather face James and Pereira?

DickDastardly

They have done nothing all season. They wouldn't have done anything even for half hour.
    Well, that's not actually true now is it.

Mata changed the last game.

Matić has been quite good.

Ighalo scored a couple of great goals.

That's 3 players to introduce BEFORE the 87'th minute.

RUCK4444

I've checked this, it came during a patch where we did well, and not reflective of how the game went. We didn't consistently put them under pressure, and we mellowed out after 56 mins or so.

And yeah, I wouldn't go by Scholes on punditry mate.
    I don’t remember them testing De Gea once other than the two goals?

I think we must have had, what, 17 attempts and about 9 on target? As a guess.

Yes there was a better spell but that’s the case in most games, we were still comfortably the better team.

Maureen-yo

Scholes cannot say we were the better team. We were not. The game is about goals. Sevilla were the better team. Wake up, legend!
    Oh not this again, “the better team is the team who scores more goals on the night”....bullshit.
    we were the better team and that’s shown via the amount of attempts we had and chances created.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
    Dumb as your response? I am not crying, im just confused at your basic response, why bother. It's my opinion so grow up and debate like an adult. Ole is pathetic, he took 87 minutes to make a change in a semi final. He did the same against Chelsea. He is out of his depth, spent 130m on two crap defenders.
    It only takes a second to score a goal. And it's not as easy as you make it sound.

CodeRed

Just one of those matches we have been the best, most possesion, it just doesn't go in.
    Seen it many times in the 90's. Don't blame the players or manager. This happens.

Hughie77

Knock out games, have proved the lesser teams no crowd, have nothing to lose, seen it today seen it last night, you have to take your chances, we didn't, very poor finishing, this game should have been over in the first 10 mins of 2nd half. I just hope this hurts them as much as it does me, they will have learn. There not even a good team they just kept going and it happens. There theatrics were bad, from players to there bench, every challenge they were calling for cards. Hope whoever get through tomorrow stuffs them and gives there manager a slap in the chops.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
    I mean he was right, DDG barely made a save, on balance united made the better chances, but you're right it's about goals and that is why football is great because the best team doesn't always win.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
    Rashford might as well have stayed at some blm protest. He was that bad bordering on non existent. I seriously don't think james,mata or lingard would have played worse.
    i agree, we played with 10 men and almost always slows down the attack or gives away the ball

Tel074

Hahahaha you wake up. United were the better team and Sevilla won the game and that's life . We had enough chances to have won easily but if you don't take the chances and then defend like we did you have no chance .

Withnail

Doesn’t matter. A tired Williams/Rashford is an inferior player to any of our bench players.

Just because our bench are inferior to our first team doesn’t mean we don’t bring them on. We have been gassed for 20 minutes before the first sub.

It’s shit how he doesn’t act quick enough and how this is something that has been a constant feature throughout his managerial reign with us.

Ah it doesn't matter. So no one then?

Tel074

Just one of those matches we have been the best, most possesion, it just doesn't go in.
    Seen it many times in the 90's. Don't blame the players or manager. This happens.
    Possibly the only person with any sense on any thread since the match has ended . It's football it happens

Withnail

Come on now, that was a shit post and so is this one

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    I don’t remember them testing De Gea once other than the two goals?

I think we must have had, what, 17 attempts and about 9 on target? As a guess.

Yes there was a better spell but that’s the case in most games, we were still comfortably the better team.
    This doesn't matter when you spend £150m on 2 players who were making absolute novice positioning mistakes for the winning goal (for sevilla, of course).

They're talking about it right now. What the feck was AWB and Maguire doing positioning wise? Same for Lindelof to be fair.

Moreover there are other elements to look at, a lack of proactive substitutions at the right time, an inability to control for sustained periods, you pick them. This game didn't cover our progress in light.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 299 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sevilla win
  • Draw