Sexist Ole - "It's a man's game" | Lindelof joins the sexist club | Ole jokes about kids going hungry

lsd

The Oracle
I was confused when Ole said if my son did that as for reason I thought he was saying if Son was his player and did that he would take away his dinner.

Gator Nate

As a fellow Norwegian he seems to be using metaphores from the Norwegian language that doesn't translate very well, and as such they often end up as these half phrases that causes more confusion than anything. He's very well proficient at English, he should try and keep it simple more often.

Edit: I read it more like if he's son had been play acting like that, then come to him for help/protection against recourse he'd have little sympathy, as he sees Son's actions as despicable and should rightfully be called out.

There's a saying "ingen kjære mor" which basically means the same, if you've been acting a dick, and people are calling you a dick for it, no need to even try and go crying to mama for help.

TL:DR; Ole basically told Son to 'arden the feck up.
The simple English here would have been, "If my Son acted like that, I'd send him to bed without any dinner!" Thing is, as you said, his English is excellent. He stumbled through it when he said it, and it was obvious he was trying to be funny. I still thought it was funny, it just wasn't smooth.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So far we have had ‘it was taken out of context’ whilst pointing out English (despite 18 years of learning) isn’t his first language and now it’s a Norwegian thing.

Good grief - the attempts to sweep away a moronic statement are laughable.

Unless, he hasn’t learned English in 18 years and Norwegian families starve their children if they’re ‘bad’ then just admit it was a stupid comment. Utterly ridiculous amount of sweeping on here. If this was said by Klopp, you’d all be howling at comments on RAWK. These are just as bad. Hilariously poor attempts to excuse OGS being a clown.
You can take Mourinho and his mental gymnastics out of Chelsea (twice), but you can’t take them out of the Chelsea fans.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Read his quotes about son and food 30 times and i still have no idea what he was on about. Then came Jose the saint who said bread is bread and cheese is cheese. The whole situation is just very bizzare. One translated norwegian to english and the other portugese to english. All we need now is to translate both comments to mandarin then back to english.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So far we have had ‘it was taken out of context’ whilst pointing out English (despite 18 years of learning) isn’t his first language and now it’s a Norwegian thing.

Good grief - the attempts to sweep away a moronic statement are laughable.

Unless, he hasn’t learned English in 18 years and Norwegian families starve their children if they’re ‘bad’ then just admit it was a stupid comment. Utterly ridiculous amount of sweeping on here. If this was said by Klopp, you’d all be howling at comments on RAWK. These are just as bad. Hilariously poor attempts to excuse OGS being a clown.
Outraged over those comments :lol:

Yeah Ole should be arrested for wanting to starve his kids. Wonder what all he did to his kids all these years.

Lewnited

Surely people aren't actually up in arms over this throwaway comment last night?!

Pagh Wraith

Surely people aren't actually up in arms over this throwaway comment last night?!
Actually thought some of the recent posts in this thread weren't serious but seemingly there are people who are genuinely taking issue with what Solskjaer said yesterday. Good Lord.

micmac

The fact that people are outraged by what Ole clearly jokingly said after Jose's comment meant that Jose successfully deflect attention from Spurs' performance.

Sad to see how sensitive the world is becoming. Some people take things a little to literally.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
You have Rashford out campaigning about feeding children then you have the moron, OGS, coming out with comments like that.

Joke or not, it’s such a stupid thing to say.

Mourinho is just a clown and this have him something to use as deflection.
Oh come on. We've come to a point where you can't say anything because someone somewhere will be offended.

rhajdu

I thought that Ole's aim was to highlight Son's inappropriate behavior but wanted to do it lightly. That is a classic phrase which is said by parents if they would like to discourage certain behavior. In other countries it might be something else, e.g., standing in the corner, kneeling on something - in my country it is corn, but I know from Sigmund Freud's famous case (The Wolf Man) that it is walnut in Russia.

So, the cultural differences play an important part here again. We either respect these cultural differences and learn from each other or slowly create a unified culture (which is already happening). Anyway, I thought that this phrase is much more common, because it also appeared in Maurice Sendak's book, Where the Wild Things Are and in other culture products.

Ekeke

Oh come on. We've come to a point where you can't say anything because someone somewhere will be offended.
This post will prove the validity of your point. If you have an article written about you making this post and it offends someone then you're right. If not you've made a stupid comment, not an offensive one.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Wait, are people actually offended by Ole’s comments, like without irony? Reply to this post if you’re one so I know who to laugh at.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
More sweeping because it’s OGS. Any other manager and this place is in uproar with memes all around.

Bono will be required soon to raise money for OGS starving children.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
I thought that Ole's aim was to highlight Son's inappropriate behavior but wanted to do it lightly. That is a classic phrase which is said by parents if they would like to discourage certain behavior. In other countries it might be something else, e.g., standing in the corner, kneeling on something - in my country it is corn, but I know from Sigmund Freud's famous case (The Wolf Man) that it is walnut in Russia.

So, the cultural differences play an important part here again. We either respect these cultural differences and learn from each other or slowly create a unified culture (which is already happening). Anyway, I thought that this phrase is much more common, because it also appeared in Maurice Sendak's book, Where the Wild Things Are and in other culture products.
Come on, all this is just obvi... no, seriously, well done. Made my e-day this post

Dan_F

Wait, are people actually offended by Ole’s comments, like without irony? Reply to this post if you’re one so I know who to laugh at.
I don’t think it was needed particularly. It’s probably taken the focus away from how well we actually played in the second half. Surely no one is actually “offended” though.

DoomSlayer

More sweeping because it’s OGS. Any other manager and this place is in uproar with memes all around.

Bono will be required soon to raise money for OGS starving children.
Another Chelsea fan added to the ignore list. :lol: Do we have an infiltrator on the Caf that keeps promoting them?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I don’t think it was needed particularly. It’s probably taken the focus away from how well we actually played in the second half. Surely no one is actually “offended” though.
Really? Comically saying if his son did that he wouldn’t get dinner is taking away from the performance?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Read his quotes about son and food 30 times and i still have no idea what he was on about. Then came Jose the saint who said bread is bread and cheese is cheese. The whole situation is just very bizzare. One translated norwegian to english and the other portugese to english. All we need now is to translate both comments to mandarin then back to english.
:lol: :lol:

Dr. StrangeHate

Well if being a sexist and child hunger fundamentalist won't convince people to be Ole out then nothing will.

It was a lot more diplomatic than my reaction to Son's antics, put it that way :lol: Can't believe people are getting annoyed by all this

Dan_F

Really? Comically saying if his son did that he wouldn’t get dinner is taking away from the performance?
Well it has, I don’t think that can be denied. I thought it was funny enough, obviously I don’t have any issue with it.

Tapori

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PoTMS

You have Rashford out campaigning about feeding children then you have the moron, OGS, coming out with comments like that.

I think you'll find you're the one who sounds like a moron. Football fans around the world understood what Ole was trying to say, it's just simpletons like yourself and Mourinho who choose to get wound up by it. No one is actually advocating for starving children.

LoneStar

Another Chelsea fan added to the ignore list. :lol: Do we have an infiltrator on the Caf that keeps promoting them?
They came to success under Mourinho. No wonder they all have the same twisted mentality as him.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I think you'll find you're the one who sounds like a moron. Football fans around the world understood what Ole was trying to say, it's just simpletons like yourself and Mourinho who choose to get wound up by it. No one is actually advocating for starving children.
Sweep sweep.

MalcolmTucker

:lol: