Sexist Ole - "It's a man's game" | Lindelof joins the sexist club | Ole jokes about kids going hungry

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
That's what she said (not to @Pexbo though).
Don't undermine your very serious thread about the worrying issue of sexism in football with such childish jokes. You've undermined the whole credibility of this thread. I'm starting to think you're not even serious about the sexism stuff.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I must admit that as soon as I heard it I thought ‘feck sake, bet the media will make a meal out of this now’. Was nothing.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Just said this in his post match interview. Disgraceful comment really considering this is the first season United have a women's team. Should apologise.
No wonder Owen Jones binned you, you jumper-hating caveperson.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I currently identify as a man, so I'm in a position to say this is shameful for our gender.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Don't undermine your very serious thread about the worrying issue of sexism in football with such childish jokes. You've undermined the whole credibility of this thread. I'm starting to think you're not even serious about the sexism stuff.
He was being serious. She’s never said that to me.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He was being serious. She’s never said that to me.
I've got a few emails selling tablets to help with that kind of thing if you want me to pass the website on?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
How is it not?
Anyone can chose to interpret anything whatever way they want if they try hard enough. This is one of those cases.

It takes a lot of mental gymnastic to come to this conclusion. Also equality doesn't mean getting rid of masculinity which I think some people just don't get.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
People who look for reasons to be offended offend me.

Shouldn't have made a sexist comment, if that's what you mean.
He also assumed Origi's gender! Can you believe this Norwegian Nazi? I mean come on, it's 2019 guys.

He needs to apologise and also be shamed and cancelled. #CancelOle #BoycottOle

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Anyone can chose to interpret anything whatever way they want if they try hard enough. This is one of those cases.

It takes a lot of mental gymnastic to come to this conclusion. Also equality doesn't mean getting rid of masculinity which I think some people just don't get.
It really doesn't. It's sexist language and reinforces the archaic idea that football is a purely male sport, when it isn't.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He better go touring the talk shows to apologise to everyone who was offended on behalf of those who might offended.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Police don't take my Solksjaer awayyyyy

imamuppet

Just accept its a sexist comment and he should apologise. May have been a slip of the tongue but speaks more to his character of the man.
Listen, he could also have been insinuating (which is my understanding) that you dont want 'boys' out there (this is a match in mens football, right?) in a match of this magnitude, you require the characteristics of a dominant 'man' as you are going to 'war'

So why this has become a trial with no judgement ??

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Listen, he could also have been insinuating (which is my understanding) that you dont want 'boys' out there (this is a match in mens football, right?) in a match of this magnitude, you require the characteristics of a dominant 'man' as you are going to 'war'

So why this has become a trial with no judgement ??
Bit of a stretch.

LoneStar

Yes, let's politisize every single statement without any context. Especially something random that was said in a post match interview.

OP should be working with the likes of The Sun and Daily Mirror.

Alemar

Just said this in his post match interview. Disgraceful comment really considering this is the first season United have a women's team. Should apologise.
Are there many people that watch women’s football? Personally, I don’t know anyone (and it’s not about English football, but football in general).