Sexist Ole - "It's a man's game" | Lindelof joins the sexist club | Ole jokes about kids going hungry

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Crikey, I read the whole thread, but I think over 50% of the posters took this seriously? That's surely some kind of record?

This is how it begins. In happier times, women were content to stay at home and knit socks for kittens; now, they* are power-mad and wearing trousers! I'm outraged n' stuff.

*The women, not the kittens.
But I prefer dogs! :lol:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Ole said:
"I can't believe that people are taking this thread seriously. They must be incredible twits, or women."
Ole gonna Solksjaer.

reddev3

Lazy comment. Does the mens game have female officials? Yes. Apparently we shouldn't according to Ole though.
Are they officiating or playing? Where does he say women shouldn't be officiating the game? The internet truly was the best thing to happen to attention seekers. This is less than a non story.

FujiVice

A "mans" game is referring to the fact its a grown up game. Not the gender. If you said UFC that "fighting is a young mans game", you'd be correct. Even though a woman has drawn some of their best ever buyrates, that is not what the intention of the saying is. Men's football is a mans game.

Offsideagain

Ole gonna Solksjaer.
You should copyright that phrase as no doubt it will appear in The Sun or some other rag when Ole finally gets the boot. For the record, he was referring to the snipe ring of Origi. Odd that Klopp never mention Dan James getting flattened twice and nothing given. Also, Basketball is a rough sport, he may have meant Netball.

tenpoless

Almost in relegation zone, the squad doesn't have enough players for this season, placing our hopes in signing Sancho and Kane even if We're only attractive to the Freds and the Rojos of the world, A bald clueless posh prick ruling the club and now what? a manager who doesn't respect woman + Saudi take over.

Need me pills. This club is doing me head in.

SteveJ

Scout
The Times said:
Solksjaer: "This thread is bloody ridiculous, Ingrid. Put the kettle on, love."
Outrageous.

Lizanne

It would have been a lot wiser, if he had simply said that it is a "contact sport". It has absolutely nothing to do with men or women. Undoubtedly an inappropriate argument. (probably unintentionally but that does not make it any better)

Reactions: esmufc07

SteveJ

Scout
*squeals* He's at it again!:
Daily Mail said:
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer warns Mason Greenwood cannot cut corners and 'needs to learn the man’s game' to be a star at Manchester United

Mark Pawelek

Lazy comment. Does the mens game have female officials? Yes. Apparently we shouldn't according to Ole though.
Maybe we should introduce quota of 50% players being female for the first team? Would that make you happy? Or do we need to have a trans player quota too?

RUCK4444

Oh the precious generation. He is talking about the mans version of the sport, in respect to it being physical and younger lads needing to prepare for that.

It’s a saying that’s been used for decades and there’s absolutely nothing offensive or derogatory about it.

In women’s football they don’t have an equivalent term but if they did I’m sure it would be used.

prateik

I saw this interview. He was saying Greenwood has been playing at the U18s level and he isnt playing at the kids level anymore.

GenZRed

I can't believe this thread has so many pages. Some people love to virtue signal over nothing.

SteveJ

Scout
Ole has told reporters not to make a fuss about his rampant 1970s sexism:
Solksjaer said:
"Stop being big girls' blouses. Fine margins."

GenZRed

For gods sake it’s a turn of phrase that means bugger all. It isn’t sexist.
Don't try and reason with these people. They are beyond all reason. They just want their sense of self worth from proving how disingenuous they are.