Other Shakira | Pique and Shakira part ways

Wal2Fra

What’s the difference between jam and marmalade?

Pique can’t marmalade his dick into this new girl’s ass.
This has had me crying in work for the last 10 minutes.

Then made funnier by trying to explain the joke to my French colleagues, whilst still being in hysterics.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Why are so many people being stung in Spain? Was there a loophole which the Spanish government are reversing or something?
Cos the tax laws and the tax administration are so fecking unclear and confusing. Well, I'm pretty sure that's not the issue for these people, who must have tax advisors, but in general the tax landscape boggles the mind.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I think character wise, Shakira really sucks.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67472496

Update. she paid a €7.5m (£6.5m) fine and who has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing - said she settled "with the best interest of my kids at heart".
yeah, cos when I'm in the right I'd pay the govmnt over 7M euros too, just to have them leave me alone.

These cases are rarely as reported in the public domain but to see her settle like this makes me wonder about her innocence.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67472496

Update. she paid a €7.5m (£6.5m) fine and who has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing - said she settled "with the best interest of my kids at heart".
yeah, cos when I'm in the right I'd pay the govmnt over 7M euros too, just to have them leave me alone.

These cases are rarely as reported in the public domain but to see her settle like this makes me wonder about her innocence.
Haven’t multiple Celebs been caught out by Spanish tax laws? Their accountants deal with it for them and it’s down to the accountants to look after their money and that often means being creative to ensure they keep hold of as much of their money as possible and it seems the government sometimes decide that certain schemes are deemed tax evasion.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Note sure about celebs but iirc Messi's dad got busted too.

iirc, Shakira (through her accountants) he claimed residency in Barbados (or the bahamas?) for tax purposes, as she/they bought a place in Barcelona.

Maybe it's that the Spanish accountants must be used to getting away with 'stuff' and every now and then the tax authorities decide not to look the other way?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Haven’t multiple Celebs been caught out by Spanish tax laws? Their accountants deal with it for them and it’s down to the accountants to look after their money and that often means being creative to ensure they keep hold of as much of their money as possible and it seems the government sometimes decide that certain schemes are deemed tax evasion.
I might be misremembering but I believe ~10 years ago they changed the tax laws in Spain to deal with this kind of evasion. Was pretty rampant in the UK as well as the rest of the world as the Panama Paper highlighted. Lots of stuff still being worked out from those.