Shaw as Left CB?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Call me old fashioned but if a player isn't good enough in his natural position then usually he won't be good enough in a new position.
Usually, yeah. I think Shaw could make the transition like Blind did, though.

NoneBmStore

Shaw is actually very good in the air. Whenever opposition teams deliver crosses to the back post from the right, he's absolutely superb at dealing with the danger.
Are you seriously saying that he's better than Lindelof in the air ?

Skills

Snitch
I'd be surprised if Williams ever has a future at the club outside of a backup.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Usually, yeah. I think Shaw could make the transition like Blind did, though.
Blind didn't fare well with us though. The FB role has traditionally been an easier role then the CB role. At CB every mistake counts, there's no room for mistakes and inches/physicality matters. If Shaw can't do the job as LB then I doubt he will do a better job as CB. In my opinion there's a bigger chance for AWB to transition as CB then him

arthurka

I'd be surprised if Williams ever has a future at the club outside of a backup.
This is a kid who is born 2000, he has many tools that could point to him having a fine career.
Why do you think he won´t?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Are you seriously saying that he's better than Lindelof in the air ?
Well, as @ivaldo said, it's different when comparing a FB to a CB, but I've always been impressed with how Shaw's dealt with aerial threats, and, well, haven't with Lindelof.

Blind didn't fare well with us though. The FB role has traditionally been an easier role then the CB role. At CB every mistake counts, there's no room for mistakes and inches/physicality matters. If Shaw can't do the job as LB then I doubt he will do a better job as CB. In my opinion there's a bigger chance for AWB to transition as CB then him
Personally, I thought Blind was a fantastic CB for us, and was gutted José sold him.

As for AWB, I think his weakness in the air would be exploited centrally like Lindelof.