Shaw confirms ref bottled the penalty

RORY65

It sounds like bollocks to be honest (or at least distorted) but if true it's pretty bad.

eire-red

I here thinking, if the ref applies the law then it's a pen.. Problem is, I don't know the law anymore.

All I saw was CHO with his hand raised, taking the ball out of Greenwood's path and gaining an advantage to control the ball.

Whether they were going to "come together" or whatever other nonsense Souness is on about is ridiculous. Not really sure how it's not a penalty.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
How is Souness allowed to cover United games is beyond me . He genuinely loathes us and unlike a lot of other pundits he can't even hide it. His only explanation for the penalty is that it's not a penalty, he said it 3 times without saying a word about why it's not a penalty

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone who moans about Ole being too "nice", has got to be impressed with that bit on camera just then.

Kept his dignity, but got it into the mainstream about the corruption of today's ref, influence of Chelsea website and other areas, while making sure it wasn't him saying it about the ref himself.
Top show.

Get In Scholesy

Their ‘analysis’ is diabolical. Clean sheets are important in football. Scoring goals is pretty important.:houllier:

I mean ground breaking stuff here.
Absolutely ground breaking.

Add to that;

United came to defend
United have at 35 penalties in the last season and a half.

Clearly they aren’t watching the game, or just need a place to vent their frustrations at Man United.

RedDevilRoshi

Wish someone would just stick a sock right through Souness’ big mouth. No idea why he is bringing up the stats on the amount of pens we’ve had?? Does that mean we are not entitled to receive any more when they are as clear and obvious as today because we had more than anyone else??

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How is Souness allowed to cover United games is beyond me . He genuinely loathes us and unlike a lot of other pundits he can't even hide it. His only explanation for the penalty is that it's not a penalty, he said it 3 times without saying a word about why it's not a penalty
Just when I thought he'd got less biased after backing us in recent games.
Today was back to nonsense chat.

Keane saying they agreed at half time it was a pen in private and Sourness trying to take the anti position on camera.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I’m sorry...why are sky acting like this isn’t a big deal? The ref thought it was handball, thought it was a foul but didn’t give it to avoid controversy? Where’s that in the rules then? fecking mental.

It's incredible that the host just carried on normally after the interview ended like it was just normal rambling from a manager

Djemba-Djemba

As frustrated as I am about United not getting the decisions I don't think that this will help United
Well just shrugging our shoulders and getting on with it hasn't helped either has it.

We've been getting absolutely fecked over for weeks and weeks now and surprise surprise nobody seems to mind that.

Bojan11

It is crazy because Sky would have binned him if he was ex-United player talking shit about Liverpool every week. As the scousers would have been moaning non stop.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905

Wow, all the pressure and refs are bottling now.
Such a wonder the best league in the world with the best players around can have such low standard of refereeing. Such a bunch of incompetent idiots FA.

Heinzesight

Anyone who moans about Ole being too "nice", has got to be impressed with that bit on camera just then.

Kept his dignity, but got it into the mainstream about the corruption of today's ref, influence of Chelsea website and other areas, while making sure it wasn't him saying it about the ref himself.
Top show.
Agreed. I just wish he’d mentioned Klopp. Sounded like he was about to but then went in on Lampard instead.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well just shrugging our shoulders and getting on with it hasn't helped either has it.

We've been getting absolutely fecked over for weeks and weeks now and surprise surprise nobody seems to mind that.
That's the point, we have been far too nice. About time we stood up for ourselves. Look at the way the Chelsea players behave.

.Phil1968

Wish Keane would just give Souness a slap, the guy is such a bitter man. Really hope Sheffield United get a really dodgy penalty now.
If what Shaw said is correct then the ref is as big a coward as Lee Mason yesterday .

Jonno

Klopp caused this
Since them, Klopp needs the likes of Chelsea to lose to Man United
One might say it’s backfired on Klopp

RedDevilRoshi

No doubt or surprise when the blazer wearing folk at the FA hand out a ban to Shaw for his comments but for me, the ref should be suspended and have his job questioned if that is true what Shaw said.

It’s plain cheating and cowardly officiating

mu4c_20le

No doubt or surprise when the blazer wearing folk at the FA hand out a ban to Shaw for his comments but for me, the ref should be suspended and have his job questioned if that is true what Shaw said.

It’s plain cheating and cowardly officiating
It is, and I can't see any situation where a ref would joke about this either. Would it be the same if a player missed an easy chance, ref has a bit of banter with him, and the player says "yeah well I bet on the other team today haha"? Unless Luke made it up, in which he would be rightfully punished.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Klopp caused this
Since them, Klopp needs the likes of Chelsea to lose to Man United
One might say it’s backfired on Klopp
Oh it did, went downhill since. So did Lampard, so did Jose.
I think Karma is United fan. You don't talk shit about us, or you will be punished.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Stuart Attwell should be sacked, no ifs or buts. The game is truly dead and buried if officials can openly ignore and get away with the misapplication of the rules based on backlash.

DoomSlayer

Imagine if Sir Alex was still in charge. Heads would be rolling and you'd know that Manchester United ain't a club to be fecked with. :mad:

DickDastardly

The ref will say he was joking
We need to start giving the refs 15 minutes after the games to check everything, and do live interviews after that.

Hold them accountable.

You get 10 mistakes per season. Or something like that.

Points deductions, public hearings from the FA, i want it all.

Superunknown

I’m sorry...why are sky acting like this isn’t a big deal? The ref thought it was handball, thought it was a foul but didn’t give it to avoid controversy? Where’s that in the rules then? fecking mental.
Absolutely agree. It has very likely cost us points today, as I would fancy us to score that penalty.
I hope that we follow this up properly and don't just let it lie. It's an absolute joke!

JustinC00

ABU Media.

It's why BT Sport after the 9-0 win vs Southampton their whole post-match was them whining about the ref quality being shite because when we were up 6-0 we got a soft penalty and they made it seem like that effected the outcome. Now you have Sky sitting here after this going "ref done good, no big deal" .

So
refs make a decision in favor of us = bad refereeing
refs make a decision against us = good refereeing

Fecking hypocrites

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Stuart Attwell should be sacked, no ifs or buts. The game is truly dead and buried if officials can openly ignore and get away with the misapplication of the rules based on backlash.
Agreed, it has been happening for years,was it Clattenberg who said he didnt send players off in the Spurs v Chelsea game because he didnt want to be accused of costing spurs title run?