Shea Lacey

rajds89

The kid looks a real talent, don’t get me wrong but I don’t like seeing u18s (unless of course they are in and around the first team, in which case it’s hard not to have a spotlight on them) have the spotlight thrusted upon them. I think it’s much better for them to develop away from public viewing though I accept what with mutv showing games, it’s hard to do but when clips are being posted all over Twitter, a place where they can and mostly likely will be subject to criticism or just utter bollocks from certain people.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
The kid looks a real talent, don’t get me wrong but I don’t like seeing u18s (unless of course they are in and around the first team, in which case it’s hard not to have a spotlight on them) have the spotlight thrusted upon them. I think it’s much better for them to develop away from public viewing though I accept what with mutv showing games, it’s hard to do but when clips are being posted all over Twitter, a place where they can and mostly likely will be subject to criticism or just utter bollocks from certain people.
To an extent I definitely agree with you. At the same time I think there must be a point when you have to start dealing with pressure. I do think 16 is too young for that, but it’s inevitable as you say, with the matches being broadcasted, being part of your international youth team etc.

Beaucoup

Unfortunately most players bring it on themselves by continually posting clips of their highlights, even after repeated warnings from their respective clubs.

top1whoisman

Scout
Unfortunately most players bring it on themselves by continually posting clips of their highlights, even after repeated warnings from their respective clubs.
That is also true. But that's also not 100% the players' fault as it is part of the social media culture in general.

Anyway, let's hope Binnion and the other shit coaches at United don't ruin him :angel:

Sea-Cow

That's why I think it's great that most United/football fans don't watch the academy games. They'd find the players' social media accounts and fill their inboxes with racial abuse and death threats.
And I have to imagine the other side of it sucks as well, just not nearly as much haha. But it can't be good for a super young kid to get hit up by thousands of people every day telling him how great he is, how he is going to be rich etc etc.

I don't know... I guess its a good thing I'm completely worthless and don't have to deal with either of them.

TsuWave

Every week I see an highlight from him on my twitter feed

Gungerz

His older brother said this in an interview:
"I’m 6ft 1ins and my dad is a good size. United have done certain tests and he'll get there with it eventually."
Having said that, you probably don't want him growing too tall as his low centre of gravity & agility are amongst his best traits.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Touch of Januzaj, touch of Giggs about him perhaps? I can also see the Best comparison in terms of his balance and running style but obviously there's no comparison as players overall.

Brightonian

Having said that, you probably don't want him growing too tall as his low centre of gravity & agility are amongst his best traits.
Reminds me of Rashford's development curve, which worked out very nicely. Spends his key skills development years playing with taller, sometimes faster players, and so acquires very good close control, passing, football intelligence. Then the growth spurt hits around 17, 18 - sometimes slightly hampering technique for a year or so - but brings the real lightning pace.

Watching him as a tiny 16 year old playing in the u18s is exactly how it was watching Rashford.

Woziak

I think your find some ‘you tube ‘ boxing clips of him as well he’s pretty decent amateur boxer so has real sporting talent. We need to watch him and let him develop he’s like the other super kid Ibragimov whose recently been called up to train with first team a real talent

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Wow, he looks really good. Sorry to go off topic, what Dan Gore doing these days? He still playing well? Looked ace in the clips I’ve seen.

Red Rash

Yea but how tall is the milkman?

top1whoisman

Scout
I thought he would make the England Under-17 Euros squad.
Nwaneri is the only 2007 in the squad. England don't usually have the need to play anyone above their age group, plenty of talent there regardless. His time will come.

Pericles

Nwaneri is the only 2007 in the squad. England don't usually have the need to play anyone above their age group, plenty of talent there regardless. His time will come.
Yeah. I guessed that after checking the squad list. This Nwaneri kid must be uber talented.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah. I guessed that after checking the squad list. This Nwaneri kid must be uber talented.
He is, absolutely. For a while it looked like he was going to Chelsea, which perhaps wouldn't be the smartest decision for a young player right now. Now it seems it's going to be City.

stealthy

I thought he would make the England Under-17 Euros squad.
Lads not ready, Nwaneri is no more talented just physically more developed. Lacey will be challenged enough at his own age group. Could possibly get a camp or friendly above but that 2006 age group are very physical group which is typical of England. He’s doing well to get in 2007 when you look at profile of players England pick. United managed him well so far, be interesting to see how he goes next season as full time scholar.

Prodigal7

He is, absolutely. For a while it looked like he was going to Chelsea, which perhaps wouldn't be the smartest decision for a young player right now. Now it seems it's going to be City.
We should put our hat in the ring. No reason why him and Lacey can’t play in the same team.

top1whoisman

Scout
We should put our hat in the ring. No reason why him and Lacey can’t play in the same team.
I think we were interested but I guess he wanted to go elsewhere. Of course they could play together. Nwaneri is physically much more developed so it could be that he’d go straight to the U21s.

Not great for Arsenal this. Hutchinson last summer and Nwaneri now.

Bigsid

As has been said previously financially we will not compete for the best kids in the country. Given only 4 academy produced English players made their debuts and went on to make 5 premier league appearances last season i can understand why.

top1whoisman

Scout
As has been said previously financially we will not compete for the best kids in the country. Given only 4 academy produced English players made their debuts and went on to make 5 premier league appearances last season i can understand why.
What do you mean, you’re about to sign Nwaneri?

top1whoisman

Scout
Signed with the Triple S Group agency, who have Maguire, Garner, Butland & United women's Sophie Baggaley among others in their client list.

top1whoisman

Scout
He's pretty decent with both feet which I always find is a massively underrated skill to have.
Yeah for sure, a skill not even some of the top top players can master. His left foot is superb, plenty of time to work on his weaker foot and to become a more rounded player. We saw with MG how difficult it is to defend against a player who can easily go with either foot and finish.

stealthy

You can see why he gets Foden comparisons. His size, movement and striking of the ball look very similar. One to watch playing regular U18 this season

top1whoisman

Scout
A nice goal with his ”weaker foot” against Gainsborough on Saturday.