Kick-off
Thu, 15 September 2022 @ 5:45pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

Didn't realise the game started so early.

Who's been good and who's been poor?
    Dalot was very good along with Martinez and Varane. McTominay was decent too. Eriksen especially in the first half was good. Ronaldo was horrible.

lysglimt

Scout
    Agreed. They got 7 points in a very tough CL group last season so such a comfortable win wasn't a foregone conclusion. This has been a very controlled and professional away performance. I'll take these boring wins all day.
    And then they lost the entire team during the summer in fairness - it's not the same team

Bobski

It is the Europa League group stages, of course it is shit, but that was a solid job, well done.

Greck

This would be a massive scoreline with more build up and final third quality from the attackers. Our midfield and defense did their jobs so well.

Dazzmondo

I could have watched another episode of Succession if I hadn't realised the game started early. Wish I hadn't bothered checking. LVG style possession for possession's sake football

Glorio

I still don't understand why we cannot control the game. What's the reason for this?
    I think they heard you - completely strangled the game in the second half. Incidentally, that made it boring for us

Rossa

I give up !
    At least you were persistent. Thing is, saying he had a rubbish match is fair and square because he did. However, bringing up, at every opportunity, that he is finished because of his age is just tiresome at this stage - it really has been a recurring theme since he turned 30. Why not just comment on the match, which was indeed rather poor from him. He didn't have a pre-season and has often started seasons slowly.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
    I’m not sure why some folk are throwing a tantrum about how we didn’t beat this lot 18-0. Even prime United had dull away games and won by a small margin and didn’t ‘bulldoze’ opponents into the ground.

Just be thankful we won without any injuries. Honestly think some folk will never be happy. It was important we won tonight, we did easily and they rarely threatened. Success.

RedDevil@84

Not really bothered about the shit in 2nd half. We had done enough in first half and they were not looking threatening.
    We did enough.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Cant wait for Martial and Rashford to be back. As many have said Ronaldo just doesnt fit what we are trying to do. Its kinda sad watching him struggle against Sheriff.
    We should have sold/let him go in the summer. But it's unclear that he even had qualified suitors. Alas, he is in denial that he is done and still thinks he is at the level he was years ago.

Boondog

Martinez is such a brilliant player. So confident and cool on the ball, and so intelligent.
    He is the heart of this team. First guy you'd want to remove from the field if you're an opponent. Greatest signing we've had in years his future here is so bright it's blinding.

We might have the best duo in the game right now. That's how good he and Varane are.

Absolute rubbish. He has been very good linking up and he has created chances for Ronaldo and Sancho. Nothing flashy and always picking the right option.
    Yes Antony played a good game. He did a much better job tonight coming back to defend, first off. Excellent passes and awareness. The feed to 7 in the box was fantastic, and we are going to see a lot of that in the season ahead I think.

Basically this was a great game for them to practice their possession and they did well. They're nowhere near the standard EtH wants them to reach, but the latter half of the game was tightly controlled due to it so I am happy with that.

Casemiro is getting the grip. Nice.
    Yes I agree. This was the first match where he really looked like he was getting into the speed of it and flow of it and showing his game. Looking forward to seeing more of him out there.

bosskeano

i think it would be really interesting to see Sancho play the #10 role when Bruno is struggling or needs a break....i think he could do quite well there

Martial
    Rashford Sancho Antony
    Eriksen Casemiro
    Malacia Martinez Varane Dalot

giggs-beckham

Clueless
    We didn't play last weekend.. we wont play this weekend.. we dont need to conserve energy.. the opposition is non existent.. the crowd is hardly hostile.. If the first teamers cant be bothered, the kids should be getting minutes.. running down the clock here is rubbish..

Especially considering we are hardly a well drilled side.. if nothing else, use this as a great practice session and try and score as much as possible.... playing keepball with some half arsed attacks is just bad.
    Maybe playing keepball is what they need to practise.

Yorke to Cole

Another settling in performance. It was an assured effort in the second half, but I feel we do need to be more clinical.

Hopefully , Martial can gove us that when he may return? You can feel the squad starting to gel and that will be essential with the gruelling schedule in October and after the World ☕.

Yorke to Cole

Another settling in performance. It was an assured effort in the second half, but I feel we do need to be more clinical.

Hopefully , Martial can gove us that when he may return? You can feel the squad starting to gel and that will be essential with the gruelling schedule in October and after the World ☕.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
    Do you think so? I can´t imagine Rashford writing these but you are probably right.
    I've previously worked in social media and have insights to such tricks. It's very unlikely he wrote that. Another trick is fake followers to seem popular, as everyone loves the popular kid right? So they fake a high amount of interest, and this leads to people becoming attracted and then following the individual.

A good few years back insta cracked down on fake followers and some celebs lost A LOT of followers

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 192 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Sheriff Tiraspol win
  • Draw