Sheringham v Berbatov who was the better player for us?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Flop word has different meaning in people's view. I think people who call Berba as a flop because he didn't reach the expectation of people, manager & also his price tag. We can count his great moments with our fingers. If it's not because that 10/11 season, he would had been in the same category as how Veron's career at United.

Even so, I don't think he was that very good in 10/11. He might be top scorer with Tevez in that season but that wasn't because he scored week in week out but because he had one game he scored hattrick against Liverpool and also I believed 5 goals against Blackburn.

Sheringham was the better signing for us.
ye well thats not my definition of flop and not really the dictionary definition either
Veron was a flop, Berba wasnt - to me that much is clear.
Even for the scouse hattrick alone, nevermind the golden boot! But ye its true he didnt reach expectations

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
ye well thats not my definition of flop and not really the dictionary definition either
Veron was a flop, Berba wasnt - to me that much is clear.
Even for the scouse hattrick alone, nevermind the golden boot! But ye its true he didnt reach expectations
Sometime dictionary just doesn't work on football world. For example, people view world class differently.

I'm in the middle of calling him flop or not. But it was a disappointed signing. The price tag pretty much the reason why people believe he was a flop which I could understand why if you look at his contribution to the club.

dorchy

I feel Teddy should be revered in a similar fashion to Ole if not more so. Re watching the finals from 1999 and Sheringham's impact was far greater in scoring and assisting in both finals. His technique and heading ability for a striker is something missing in modern football.