Shocking United stat at Old Trafford

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
264W*

What a record!

This goes all the way back to May 7th 1984 when they were against lpswich which is even before I was born. That’s 35 years and 3 months and counting AKA 12,882 days since they’ve last lost a EPL game at OT that they were leading at half time.

...to think United kept this stat under Moyes, Giggs, LVG, José, and now Ole. Unbelievable !!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Drawing only 16 of those games is also incredible. Consider me shocked!

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
There was a time under Moyes when anytime a commentator brought up a long standing record, we'd lose it in that game itself. It's amazing this didn't break then.

PieCrust

They showed that stat during the match and I couldn't really believe it at first. Really surprised me with all the struggles over the last 6 years that that record still stands.

pacifictheme

They showed that stat during the match and I couldn't really believe it at first. Really surprised me with all the struggles over the last 6 years that that record still stands.
Under moyes we were usually losing at half time so noy applicable.

Crustanoid

Funny how this only just got brought up, considering how long it has stood for.

I genuinely thought we would then go on to lose after it was mentioned.

I hope nobody mentions it again-can we think of a code word for this so everyone forgets it?

dogwithabone

It certainly surprised me too !

I imagine we’ve lost a few in cups and CL and perhaps those losses have disguised our PL record at OT.

Traub

A clickbait thread title that actually delivered is just as much of a shock

lysglimt

Scout
If I am not mistaken - the last time we lost at Old Trafford after taking the lead was Crystal Palace in 1989. Beardsmore gave us the lead early on and then we missed a huge amount of chances (Nigel Martyn made his debut and was outstanding). Bright equalized before half-time and Palace got the Winner in the 2nd half.

Lots of cries for Fergie Out during that game

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tbf under most of the recent managers we never scored before half time.

Can't break a record if you can't score :smirk:

Dan_F

This stat is used several times a season, I’m not sure what everyone’s been watching/reading if they didn’t know about it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sure it's brought up a lot. It's still quite a mental stat, tbf.

TRUERED89

This stat is used several times a season, I’m not sure what everyone’s been watching/reading if they didn’t know about it.
Just what I thought, whilst I didn't know it was 265 wins, I knew we had some crazy record at OT when leading at half time! But also in the PL in general when we score first we usually win! hard to believe judging by last 6 years but its true!

Rooney24

This as well as the stat of united playing youth players in every game for x amount of years (I forget the figure now)
Its something like a youth team product has been in every match day squad since 1932. Or something.

GenZRed

Amazing thing is that the record is still in place after the last six seasons!
This.

Having said that under Moyes we were dire at Old Trafford so never led and HT and under LvG we could never score at old Trafford.