Music Shoegaze/dream pop

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

This song is so good :drool: This comment sums it up nicely
This is what it sounds like to die in a snowbank

Just going through this playlist at the moment, some great stuff on there - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0vcATiUHoLBKisCKqjoyab

I discovered Alvvays and Wild Nothing a couple of weeks ago, I've ended up really liking both

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

This song is so good :drool: This comment sums it up nicely

Just going through this playlist at the moment, some great stuff on there - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0vcATiUHoLBKisCKqjoyab

I discovered Alvvays and Wild Nothing a couple of weeks ago, I've ended up really liking both

Tracks that make you feel like you're in a movie. Really enjoying the Alvvays one.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
My favourite song from my favourite dream pop album:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Stumbled upon this KEXP recording recently, the sound is absolutely amazing (in general they have so many great recordings):

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
This is a great song. Pretty unknown band AFAIK

I first heard this a few months ago, really like it

Another not so well known band, but I love this song

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
This whole LP is pretty special

The two albums afterwards are super good too, though the most recent one is less shoegaze and more straight-up indie pop, though not a bad thing.

Ralaks

One of my favorite genres, very magical & melancholic.

Early M83 is worth a listen;

All time favorites - first one being one of the best songs from the past 25 years

Second one is probably the on that got me into dream pop

This playlist is worth checking out too

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Pretty much everything in this thread so far is :drool:

Some Jesus & Mary Chain is probably obligatory:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Love me some Slowdive and Beach House. Both of their new records are great, especially BH.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Pretty obvious choices but these are 3 of my favourites...

Stringer

Great thread. Loveless is a top five album of all time for me.

stepic

really enjoying Wild Nothing, thanks for the recommendation @Olly

just heard this one recently and love it

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Shoegaze fans, Fender did some really nice videos with Kevin Shields in his studio. This first one is particularly funny because they ask him how many Jazzmasters he has... "Not millions. 10.... or 12.... or 25..."

It turns out he has an individual jazzmaster for every song they play.

I've been reading all of his interviews lately on The Quietus, there's good info in them too.
http://thequietus.com/articles/08745-kevin-shields-interview-mbv-my-bloody-valentine

Roosney

Wild Nothing has been a long time favourite, such soothing dreamy stuff. Beach Fossils too but they get David Lynch-ish at times.

Roosney

Great choice!

Yeah, either in a movie or in a dream.

Both of Alvvays' albums are really good, I recommend them!
I get strong Cardigans vibes off of Alvvays, not sure if I can get past it.

Just learned that Wild Nothing released a new album this August. Missed it completely so thanks for this thread Olly.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

As someone who only discovered this amazing genre last year, this thread is going to prove a fantastic resource to discover more of it. I've had the 'dreamy and distorted' playlist on my weekly listening for ages now and there is/has been some great stuff on there.

Slowdive have probably been my most listened to band of the last year. Mesmerising music all round. Slomo is one of the greatest album openers I've ever heard and I'll never forget listening to it full volume in the car on a summer night last year after being out photographing lightning (my hobby). The genius of this track and indeed genre is that it can be made to fit any mood you want it to.

Unlikely lad

Saw her open for The Japanese House on Sunday, and I can already feel an unhealthy obsession brewing.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
Just learned that Wild Nothing released a new album this August. Missed it completely so thanks for this thread Olly.
No problem :)

As someone who only discovered this amazing genre last year, this thread is going to prove a fantastic resource to discover more of it. I've had the 'dreamy and distorted' playlist on my weekly listening for ages now and there is/has been some great stuff on there.

Slowdive have probably been my most listened to band of the last year. Mesmerising music all round. Slomo is one of the greatest album openers I've ever heard and I'll never forget listening to it full volume in the car on a summer night last year after being out photographing lightning (my hobby). The genius of this track and indeed genre is that it can be made to fit any mood you want it to.
Yeah Slowdive are pretty much "the" shoegaze band along with MBV. I'm loving these two at the moment

:drool:

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
My Bloody Valentine’s “Only Shallow” is my alarm song for some times. Sounds weird, but the drum intro wakes you up...and then the following tunes calm your anger at being woken up.

But this is probably my favorite track off that notorious album: