Music Shoegaze/dream pop

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
new Jesu album came out the other day. It's very nice. It's the first Jesu release in ages that has really grabbed me, I really wasn't into the EP that came out earlier this year, or any of the collab stuff over the last few years.

Here's a single from it:

Damn, that single sounds terrible. Might still give the whole thing a spin, even though I kinda bailed on Jesu a decade ago. The s/t is still one of my favourite records of the era. Shame he veered off into more uplifting, less monolithic sounds, that mid-2000s output had the perfect balance for me.

In other news, Chris Ott has been doing live streams again during lockdown and he recommended this guy Will Kraus:

Too bad I only found out after he disappeared again (Ott, that is), so I'm just left with binging the VODs now.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
New album from this year I discovered and am liking. It combines a bit of a post-punk vibe at times and feels a little bit like some of those modern Russian bands like Motorama, or some 80s French cold wave ones.

Acole9

Outstanding
New album from this year I discovered and am liking. It combines a bit of a post-punk vibe at times and feels a little bit like some of those modern Russian bands like Motorama, or some 80s French cold wave ones.

This is really good. Might get the vinyl at some point.

I think I've listened to more shoegaze and dream pop this year than I ever have done. Some great stuff in this thread.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
This is really good. Might get the vinyl at some point.

I think I've listened to more shoegaze and dream pop this year than I ever have done. Some great stuff in this thread.
Yeah it's been the majority of my most listened to stuff as well.

It'll carry on next year too no doubt!