Music Shoegaze/dream pop

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
This song is great :drool:

I can't put songs I like as alarms, I end up hating them :lol:

Soon is a good song!
Glad I'm not alone with this. You just end up associating them with the worst part of the day don't you? Total pleasure killer!

Revaulx

Thank you for this thread, and particularly for introducing me to Slowdive :drool:

Until just now, Shoegazing meant MBV and Ride, neither of whom interest me at all; their “beautiful soundscapes” just sound dreary, and I find the vocals in MBV annoying.

Westkunst aren’t at all bad either. I need to listen more to the rest, though Beach House are in the MBV/Ride section so far.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
That was nice.

Thank you for this thread, and particularly for introducing me to Slowdive :drool:

Until just now, Shoegazing meant MBV and Ride, neither of whom interest me at all; their “beautiful soundscapes” just sound dreary, and I find the vocals in MBV annoying.

Westkunst aren’t at all bad either. I need to listen more to the rest, though Beach House are in the MBV/Ride section so far.
Yeah I can see why someone wouldn't like those, pretty sure it took me a little while to get into them tbh. Glad you like Slowdive though :D

I've been listening to The Boo Radleys' album Everything's Alright Forever recently, it's really good

:drool:

Revaulx

Yeah it is a bit like that now you've said that. Deffo is underrated, it was a shame to hear Damon Albarn doesn't like it.
Bah! Musicians’ assessment of their own music, particularly early stuff, is best ignored. Mick Jagger can’t stand Between the Buttons, which is one of the Stones’ very best albums.

Loublaze

ATLien
Microcastle/Weird Era by Deerhunter is some of my favorite stuff from any artist. Cox also created some great tracks with his side project, Atlas Sound...

Cox is from my hometown. What do you think of Why hasn't everything already happened? Assumig you've listened to it.

Loublaze

ATLien
Haven't got around to it, been in a rut listening to new music lately.

Old age and all that...
I think its the best album i've listened to in 2019. Stellar from start to finish. 'What happens to people' and the last track 'Nocturne' are crazy good.

Last edited:

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal

Slowdive were always my favourite of them (a bit awkward as a Manic Street Preachers fan). Catch the Breeze and Melon Yellow are incredibly beautiful, as is their cover of Syd Barrett's Golden Hair.

I liked MBV, too. Lush had some very beautiful early shoegaze songs (and later Britpop songs, too). Ride and Chapterhouse were the other two I associated with the word. Oh, and Moose.

Also the Boo Radleys and Blur early on, sort of (Blur more for the company they kept - The Scene That Celebrates Itself - than their songs although the last song on their debut is brilliant shoegazing).

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I recently discovered Still Corners, I'm really liking them. I really like the whispery vocals, their overall sound is great