Shola Shoretire | 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trex

Its a Nigerian Yoruba name its pronounced as sho-ray-ti-ray very quickly

jb8521

I might be wrong, but was Shoretire one of the kids who we got from City when their stockpiling of talents started to rub the parents up the wrong way? @jb8521 @khoazany I think you guys might now?

I'm sure I read it on the caf a while ago, but it might not have been Shola, but someone else.
He was at City for a while & joined United when he was 10. No idea what the circumstances were though.

meamth

Yes it's time for this discussion: Only 166 cm? He looked taller than that.
Rashford was 179 cm when he first debuted...now he is 185 cm.

Shoretire should be 172 cm max at least when he is 19. Hopefully.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Some nice touches, and looks very skillful. He just needs a few minutes here and there to get him used to the physicality of Men's football.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Always encouraging to see promising young players. We're been really good at pushing players through lately. I'd expect he's in the reserves for all of next season and just some random sub cameos like this one at best, and then see how he develops from there. Nice to have Shoretire/Hannibal/Diallo as a young 3 behind the striker though, all massive talents.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Read the OP and nearly shat - 2004!

In my mind I still think a 17 year old should be born in like 1997.

Nick7

Shite. Sell him.

nah really, he looks pretty shocked at the standard of senior football. He wants too much time but that’s to be expected with the step up. Some good touches though and I’ve high hopes for him based on his youth performances. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

Raven

Looks okay, a mile off being ready for this level of football though.

Drainy

He may well play some more with the U23s but he deserves to be around the senior squad, fastest way for him to develop this season and then probably a good candidate for a loan next season.
No problem with that and it's what will happen. Probably without the loan.

He needs games and physically isn't there yet for the men's game so regularly training the the first team and playing 23s is the right call

Its the posters in the youth forum who called for him to be with the u18s saying he was being undeservedly rushed into the 23s that I have the issue with.

Last edited:

Sylar

Think he needs a loan to play regularly (but getting that right isn't always easy) . I'm guessing the club will work on his strength too. He has a nice workrate to him it seems as well

Judas

Open to offers
Yep. I'm a bit bemused at him getting into the squad already, he's not ready. Think he's got some growing to do, and plenty more experience needed before we see him regularly in the first team. He's so young still, just feel like we're rushing his promotion into the senior side to me, just from watching him at the different levels.

Raven

Yep. I'm a bit bemused at him getting into the squad already, he's not ready. Think he's got some growing to do, and plenty more experience needed before we see him regularly in the first team. He's so young still, just feel like we're rushing his promotion into the senior side to me, just from watching him at the different levels.
I wasn't expecting to see Shoretire at all this season, surprised he's managed to get into the first team squad at all. I've been quite excited to see Hannibal, it's a shame he got injured, I feel he looks more ready than Shoretire and was in Ole's plans for these recent fixtures as well.

Okey

Yeah looks way too early. Not like the squad is crying out for him either. Probably an expression of the hope we have for him, which is good. I hope he works hard and makes it. We've got a great crop coming through. Might just be another class of...in the making.

Mickson

I wasn't expecting to see Shoretire at all this season, surprised he's managed to get into the first team squad at all. I've been quite excited to see Hannibal, it's a shame he got injured, I feel he looks more ready than Shoretire and was in Ole's plans for these recent fixtures as well.
I'm very surprised too. Couldn't see this coming. I'm glad he got a taste of it though and he is clearly very highly rated by Ole and the staff.

Okey

I'd love to see Hannibal next but with his injury, we're running out of games. It'll be the quarters by the time he's back. And FA Cup semis, if we make it through in both comps.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it's obvious Ole promised him some first team football for signing his new contract which is fair enough.

He's had a decent taste of it, now back to the reserves for a few games to grow + learn.

I think people forget he's literally just turned 17, must have been nervous as hell! anybody expecting much of him from that game is being a bit silly.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Think he needs a loan to play regularly (but getting that right isn't always easy) . I'm guessing the club will work on his strength too. He has a nice workrate to him it seems as well
In time yes - but there's no rush. He's literally just turned 17.

The u23s is physically demanding enough for a guy of his age, better to play him regularly there for the next 18 months whilst he develops physically. He knows the players and can stay under the tutelage of the United coaches. You ship him out on loan to a lower league club and I think he struggles to impose himself due to the physicality and he's being trained during prime formative years by less qualified coaches.

Great experience for him these couple of games - gets to meet properly and train with the first team, make his debut in both the PL and European football, and understand the preparation that goes in to these games. But the u23s is the best place for him to develop I think for now.

Sylar

In time yes - but there's no rush. He's literally just turned 17.
I agree with that too. As I said, I think having him around the first team is good, and we will work on his strength and conditioning to be ready for the league

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He has always played with the teams a couple of year groups above him and sometimes took a little while to adapt to the level above, but that is a good thing. Sometimes, even in most walks of life, there is never a time that you are ready and you need to be put outside of your comfort zone to adapt or learn the level.

Raven

He has always played with the teams a couple of year groups above him and sometimes took a little while to adapt to the level above, but that is a good thing. Sometimes, even in most walks of life, there is never a time that you are ready and you need to be put outside of your comfort zone to adapt or learn the level.
Maybe he's a fast learner and he surprises me but I think he looks miles away at the moment.

Grande

I didn’t think he looked much nervous, tbh. Got stuck in, dared to try to look for good passes even in very tight spots. Which he was in, most times he got the ball, and Real Sociedad at that point had several grown up b-players really wanting to impress, so they hustled like hell. Anyone else notice how Rashford and Telles lost the ball at every single opportunity in that part of the game? Or that Diallo hardly saw the ball because Williams and Bailly would turn around from the press and play it over to the left?

I think it’s good learning for a boy who doesn’t seem to be phased by much.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Vital experience for Amad and Shola but its alittle too soon for fans to expect anything from the two.
Just let them develop with the first team and get the occasional first game experience here and there. There's no rush.

Last edited:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Not criticising the kid, It´s a wonderful experience and great day for him and his family but from the little he looked abit like when he was first thrown to U23. He´s the youngest ever player to play for us in Europe so we should definitely wait for him to properly develop, Just a little reminder that players need time and not every kid like Rashford can hit the ground running. I think he might have a similar path to the first team like Lingard although his skillset and overal potential looks like he could get his chances first. But the development is not linear so we will see..

Status
Not open for further replies.