Position: Attack - Left Winger/Right Winger
Father: @chattichattichatta
Squad Number: #74
Contract expires: TBC
Date of last contract extension: Feb 8, 2021
Outfitter: Adidas

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
As always, hope he declares for Nigeria.

crossy1686

career ending
Excited to see how him and the rest of the young lads coming into the first team do this season. Love watching them get game time in pre-season.

Dante

Average bang
I thought he looked very good. Showed some impressive strength for a kid. And his passing was almost always perfectly weighted.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Lovely assist. He did really well in u23s last season for his age. I’m expecting big things in the future but probably another season of U23s this year and see how it goes. Will it be a loan or into the squad. I’m thinking the squad given how he’s been handled so far

RedDevilRoshi

Showed some really nice touches and a lovely through ball assist for Pellistri’s goal.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The interesting thing to me was how difficult Derby seemed to find dispossessing him. They really tried to take some kicks at him but couldn't really knock him out of the game. You can contrast that with some of our other young forwards today. Promising.

Drainy

He's a number 10. Playstyle is kind of like Lingard, but more efficient. He's also more talented mentally, technically and athletically, and deceptively decent in the air.

I think he's a proper player.

Mickson

Agreed. He's nothing like Iniesta who at the same age was a incredible talent.
I'm not comparing them regarding talent, just style of play. Both floats around the pitch and have the same strengths which is hard to define. It's their passing, small touches, their movement. Things that aren't there to see all the time. They don't shoot from 40 yards and score screamers, they don't dribble two guys with extreme pace and strength. You don't notice them all the time but they do the small things so well. I don't think the comparison with Iniesta is far off, they both like to be central/to the left in a space between the midfield and attackers.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm not comparing them regarding talent, just style of play. Both floats around the pitch and have the same strengths which is hard to define. It's their passing, small touches, their movement. Things that aren't there to see all the time. They don't shoot from 40 yards and score screamers, they don't dribble two guys with extreme pace and strength. You don't notice them all the time but they do the small things so well. I don't think the comparison with Iniesta is far off, they both like to be central/to the left in a space between the midfield and attackers.
That's fair enough..

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Lovely assist. He did really well in u23s last season for his age. I’m expecting big things in the future but probably another season of U23s this year and see how it goes. Will it be a loan or into the squad. I’m thinking the squad given how he’s been handled so far
I agree. Definitely another season of u-23 with the odd cup appearance here and there. He’s so naturally talented though, he’s the type of player who will likely take the same path as Greenwood. Too good to go out on loan and will spend tons of time training with the first team and being transitioned to the first team squad over the next 12-18 months.

In Rainbows

Who would you compare him to?

It is an interesting question because he almost seems like he doesn't have a defined position yet.
Someone mentioned Muller and I think that's a good style comparison. If anyone out of our academy resembled Iniesta, it was Gomes in terms of our recent youth products. Even Januzaj before he turned himself into a kick and run merchant was more Iniesta like in my opinion. Very easy to see elegance on the ball.

Here is Iniesta in the Manchester United Premier Cup

Last edited:

In Rainbows

Two people have already mentioned Lingard and Muller and I can see Shoretire having some similarities to either player, which is a good thing.
Yep. In terms of style he resembles those two players more, with the obvious note that he's more talented than Lingard was (and I know this is purely a style comparison, nothing to do with talent).

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yep. In terms of style he resembles those two players more, with the obvious note that he's more talented than Lingard was (and I know this is purely a style comparison, nothing to do with talent).
Agreed.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I'm not sure it is what you find similar, but what strikes me about him (also Iniesta) is his awareness. Call it football brain/intelligence if you will but I reckon awareness is more precise from what I've seen.

AshRK

I remember gomes was highly rated but I never saw anything that special with him. Whereas with Shoretire I see something special. He looks really good.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Fantastic talent. Every time he has played for senior team, he looked composed, mature and creative. Really looking forward to more of him in our senior squad.

Bondi77

I can remember a few years ago when Larnell Cole and Jesse were likened to Xavi and Iniesta and at the level they were playing at I suppose it was not a million miles off the mark but when you go to the top level it is laughable.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
You are my Shoretire,
My Shola Shoretire,
You make me happy,
When skies are gray...

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I remember gomes was highly rated but I never saw anything that special with him. Whereas with Shoretire I see something special. He looks really good.
Gomes was special but everyone could see he will struggle due to his size and body strength. Give it few years, if Gomes keeps progressing well he will start replicating what he was doing at academy level .

Shoretire is extremely efficient player. Does everything incredibly well. He isn't flashy so he doesn't stand out but he has always played above his age group. Once he is physically ready, I feel he will step it up even further.

ash_86

One of the best in the current group of academy players. He plays more maturely for his age than some of the other ones. He has it to succeed at United and i firmly believe that.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
You are my Shoretire,
My Shola Shoretire,
You make me happy,
When skies are gray...
If the day comes where he has his own song, it would be a travesty if it didn't reference Shola Ameobi.

Looks like he's come back much stronger (and maybe taller) after the summer.

Trequarista10

I'm quietly confident with this kid. He doesnt have a YouTube reel as exciting as other academy prospects before him, who then failed to step up. But his all round game, maturity, decision making, effectiveness, the faith that the club seems to show in him from such a young age all suggest he will succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.