4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevTheRed

Possibly the only bright spark from todays friendly, very reassuring 45 minutes!

Looks a very talented player!

Idxomer

Lovely player to watch, obvious why people at the club rate him so highly.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Plays with such great awareness for his age.
17 yrs old and he doesn't look out of place at this level.

Ace of Spades

He is not the flashiest player, but his maturity in play is very advanced for his age. He is showing that he can handle men's football, needs to be loaned out as well.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Thought he had a hit and miss performance, glimpses of his talent but still very raw. Definitely ready for a loan somewhere, far too good for the U23’s!
Granted he missed a very good opportunity but made up for it by scoring a difficult chance and looked a constant danger throughout.

Prodigal7

Shoretire has as much potential as anyone bar Morrison and maybe Januzaj that I've seen come through the academy. Not as flashy as the likes of Pogba, Gomes etc (let's not confuse flair with technical ability) but he is very good at all the things not many of our academy players are good at i.e. awareness, speed of thought (pre requisites to make it at the highest level these days, especially in the PL), first touch, manipulating the ball in tight spaces, short/long weighted passing. He's also unselfish by nature, I'm hoping he can be our own David Silva if that's not too much to ask. Personally think he's much less direct than Muller and Lingard - because of how technically capable he is, provided he has the right players around him he can play his way around people very effectively rather than try to run past them 1 on 1.

devil99

Did he grow couple of inches during off season? Looks strong and taller compared to end of season

Remember the geese

It's very difficult to say because we are developing a really strong side so avenues into the first team will become more and more congested, but I think Shoretire will make it here with us. He is of course technically superb and is capable of producing flashes of skill that the YouTube generation crave. However, a lot of what he does is subtle. Mature and composed in his play and just makes really good decisions. Exciting talent.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
You just dont know if he will make it or not. Correct me if i am wrong but in the last five years only Rashford, Pogba and Greenwood made the jump from academy to being a serious player, although we had to resign Pogba and he is divisive. Maybe Lingard but he is divisive too. So really over a 5 to 7 year period only, two or three out of the academy will make it to become really good. The rest will leave and have good careers.

I remember whem Ben Pearson was the next big thing. Or cleverley or Mcnair and so on. Like i say, it is probability. Over a five year period we would be doing really well if we got two really good academy players that made the first team.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Shoretire is extremely highly rated at the club though.
Sure its in his hands and the coaches to continue to progress his game and mentality but the fact he's been in and around the first team by the age of 16/17 is a sign that he's got something abit special in him.

markhughes

You just dont know if he will make it or not. Correct me if i am wrong but in the last five years only Rashford, Pogba and Greenwood made the jump from academy to being a serious player, although we had to resign Pogba and he is divisive. Maybe Lingard but he is divisive too. So really over a 5 to 7 year period only, two or three out of the academy will make it to become really good. The rest will leave and have good careers.

I remember whem Ben Pearson was the next big thing. Or cleverley or Mcnair and so on. Like i say, it is probability. Over a five year period we would be doing really well if we got two really good academy players that made the first team.
Mctom and Hendo are serious players and from the academy also. Our acedemy is probably having more success than any other top club currently (in terms of first team transitions).

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Mctom and Hendo are serious players and from the academy also. Our acedemy is probably having more success than any other top club currently (in terms of first team transitions).
Forgot about him alright.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Granted he missed a very good opportunity but made up for it by scoring a difficult chance and looked a constant danger throughout.
Shoretire is 2 years younger than Elanga which is crazy considering there wasn't much to separate them in performances.

lenny_1248

I think he will definitely make it here.
Something just tells me that.

SteveW

Shoretire is the first since Greenwood that I've been completely certain about at 16/17. Surprised there's not more excitement about him on here.

SteveW

It's very difficult to say because we are developing a really strong side so avenues into the first team will become more and more congested, but I think Shoretire will make it here with us. He is of course technically superb and is capable of producing flashes of skill that the YouTube generation crave. However, a lot of what he does is subtle. Mature and composed in his play and just makes really good decisions. Exciting talent.
That's exactly it. He's just a very clean, intelligent technical footballer. Vision, weight or pass decision making is all there.

As I said about Greenwood on here at 16/17 he'd already be one of the better footballers in the first team squad if he was fully physically developed. So as it was with Greenwood, it's really just a matter of time imo

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He seems pretty nailed on to get chances here at some point. Whether he can take them or not and make the step up is down to his own talent and ambition. Lots of young players come in and keep it tidy for a few games but you need a bit more than that to stop the manager going into the market in your position

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Shoretire is the first since Greenwood that I've been completely certain about at 16/17. Surprised there's not more excitement about him on here.
I am not suggesting he wont make it, but that over a five year period only 3 or 4 will make it into top class players. I dont know who though as i dont look at the lower levels.

jetlee

Is this guy injured, or is it possible he gets a chance today?
I haven't seen him in the U19 squad.

TheReligion

Abusive

How many teams produce large volumes of world class players though? Not what they are about as such. Building a squad and providing successful careers, even if away from United, is equally important.

Players like Henderson and Mctominay have also come through, along with Rashford, Greenwood, Pogba and Lingard.

Not bad really I feel.

Man Utd 1:1 Young Boys

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
A for the effort even though that's about it. He looks surprisingly bulky — for a guy who isn't that much higher than Mata (minus the hair) he's like twice as wide! Which had certainly helped him in physical duels. Didn't do much beside that though.

E-mal

Naah, not ready or not up to it for me. I am.not really sure if he can step up to men's foot either, regardless of the level.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Naah, not ready or not up to it for me. I am.not really sure if he can step up to men's foot either, regardless of the level.
He is only 17, although some poster said a few months back that out of the current youngsters only Hannibal and Amad will make it. This poster watched all the underage games as well. I dont watch them so i dont know about Hannibal. But i think Amad could make it and looks promising. elanga, i dont think will make it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.