Shola Shoretire image 47

Shola Shoretire England flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prodigal7

Physicality really isn’t that big a deal for a player of his type even in the pl. Look at City and Liverpools attacking players. None of their attacking midfielders are physically imposing. He’s not slow either.

Scottynaldinho

I was really hoping to see him get some minutes and be around the first team. He'll be 19 soon so a loan would've been a better decision.

TheReligion

Abusive
I appreciate Shola is very much a wide forward and not a number 9 but given he’s been in the first team squad for a while now and got 90 minutes (combined) over the two winter friendly matches recently, is he arguably next in line to help out the forwards if we can’t get anyone in next month?

I’ve not been following his development lately and I’m aware the club had planned a loan for him this season however he picked up an injury just before the deadline.

He’s a goalscorer though and has been playing up an age group at every level now.

Mickson

He has been at the same level for about three years. Nothing to see here. Still miles off a place in the first team.

Bojan Djordjic

Shola seems to be an intelligent and cute little player but these traits aren't good enough to compensate for his lack of standout physicality or intensity.

Hackman2210

Good luck to the lad - havent seen much from him to suggest a UTD regular but hopefully he proves his doubters wrong.

SAFMUTD

I remember him making his debut when he was 17. According to many reports he's highly regarded in the academy but I havet noticed him in the U-23s? he's almost 19 now so swim or sink for him. We got plenty of players in his position so if he's going to make it here he needs to start with a really good impression on this loan.

Good luck to the lad!

bringbackbebe

It's a big step down based on his reputation over the last few years as the next wonderkid but the right move none the less. Great at academy level but seemed to have plateaued too soon.

How many players have we loaned out to league 1 clubs who've eventually become regulars in first team? Beckham comes to mind and that's about it.

Marwood

It's a big step down based on his reputation over the last few years as the next wonderkid but the right move none the less. Great at academy level but seemed to have plateaued too soon.

How many players have we loaned out to league 1 clubs who've eventually become regulars in first team? Beckham comes to mind and that's about it.
Has he ever really been described as a wonderkid?

Thiagoal

Has he ever really been described as a wonderkid?
I’d say he definitely was when he was 15. I remember he came on in a UEFA Youth League game at that age. Still very young and has wonderful touch and vision. ETH apparently rates him highly too. Will be a very interesting loan

MrBest

Anyone know how he did? Looking forward to seeing him grow

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Running the show today for Bolton. Everything that’s happening is going through him. Our young loan players this season are doing decent.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Won a pen today and generally seems to be impressing, despite having not scored yet.

Red Star One

Great to see he's doing very well and it's important he already looks a class above in League One. Right age for him to be the star man of the team and grabbing as many minutes as possible already eyeing Premier League football next season. Hope he keeps it up, I remember him from the youth teams and he's a FM staple.

Bojan Djordjic

Very encouraging signs to be fair. Looks very good in those clips and good to see him getting stuck in with a tough tackle too.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Back in the starting XI today for Bolton. Hopefully it's a good sign and he keeps getting starts in the playoffs too.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Good lad, finally off the mark!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Despite one poster's constant jibes at Shoretire "struggling to get minutes at Bolton", Shola actually did really well in his first four months in first team football. At least two more big games coming up.

That's the top 5 teenagers in League One in terms of minutes played.

Status
Not open for further replies.