Shola Shoretire

Utdstar01

He's just beginning to make his mark at this level which is encouraging to see.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Great to see him getting tied down. There are 3 or 4 U18s who are really exciting right now and Shola could well be the pick of the bunch

What a player he seems to be at 16. Curious as to where people think he'll end up playing, I think his vision and technique is great so I'm thinking #10, but with that position dying out maybe he'll get shunted out to the wings. Hope he gets bigger and doesn't suffer from the Gomes problem of being clearly talented enough but judged unable to impose himself in the PL (though that's far from the main reason why Gomes isn't playing).

Grande

Interesting set of skills, including a good visual overview capacity it seems. He will have a chance of making it to the A-team squad here if everything clicks.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Shola Shoretire. The first FM generated player to actually exist. Fantastic name. But even more, that highlight reel has me hyped. Seeing me some Zidane in the kid. The next Meszidane confirmed.

jb8521

Shola Shoretire. The first FM generated player to actually exist. Fantastic name. But even more, that highlight reel has me hyped. Seeing me some Zidane in the kid. The next Meszidane confirmed.
From what I've heard the family actually sued after they put his name & details into the game after someone who does the ratings spotted him playing when he was a kid

lenny_1248

Watched again his highlights and in some moments he reminded me of Tevez, don't know why.

Luke1995

He definitely has quick thinking and good pace. For now, let him be Shola Shoretire and save the comparisons for 2022 at earliest.

It's impossible to predict, really. Someone once said that Rashford at 14 or 15 wasn't the best player in the youth system. Ravel Morrison on the other hand...

Drainy

He definitely has quick thinking and good pace. For now, let him be Shola Shoretire and save the comparisons for 2022 at earliest.

It's impossible to predict, really. Someone once said that Rashford at 14 or 15 wasn't the best player in the youth system. Ravel Morrison on the other hand...
At 14 Rashford was considered the best technical player below the 18s.

He lost some hype when he was promoted to the 18s and didn't adapt immediately.

(he was very small for his age and played up front on his own which was a new position for him at the time)

Luke1995

At 14 Rashford was considered the best technical player below the 18s.

He lost some hype when he was promoted to the 18s and didn't adapt immediately.

(he was very small for his age and played up front on his own which was a new position for him at the time)
What about Lingard ? Although he gets quite the hate in the main football forum, he must have had some talent in the youth system for the club to keep the faith in him now

Drainy

What about Lingard ? Although he gets quite the hate in the main football forum, he must have had some talent in the youth system for the club to keep the faith in him now
What about Lingard? He was considered a good prospect for the future in the academy, tiny but good touch and he showed an eye for the spectacular. His volleying technique was quality.

He was in the same batch as Morrison and Pogba, both of whom were more impressive at that level, though Jesse outworked and outfought them to survive here, which is why its so disappointing to see him now not applying himself. Similar maybe to Welbeck, where when he 'made it' the workrate dropped a level or 2.

Lingard is 5 years older than Rashford and was getting the odd game of lower league football when Marcus was 14/15 so was already promoted from the academy at the time.

Like I said, Rashford's hype died a little when he was 16 and promoted full time to the u18s, but before that point the hype was massive. Maybe not Shoretire levels of hype (he was very young playing for England in the victory shield (u16s), while Shoretire was given game time in the UEFA Youth Cup at u19s level at 14)

Luke1995

Sometimes I keep waiting for Lingard to have a big improvement, for a while in 2017-18 it looked like he had turned a corner. Lampard is a good example of a player who didn't really had a big talent in youth system but kept the same work ethic throught his career and made massive improvements. If Shoretire can maintain the work ethic he has now and apply it with his talent, we may see him playing with that highly regarded 2003 England generation soon. I think Jude from Birmhigham and Karamoko Dembele are there.

Footy van de Geek

Does anyone else think he hasn‘t quite lived up to the hype yet?

Shoretire was put in the same bracket as Rashford, Gomes and Greenwood as one of the best homemade technical players that we’ve produced this century. Making his UEFA Youth League debut at such a young age was proof of how highly he is thought of.

From what I’ve read and researched, he hasn’t been able to reproduce his best form at U18 level. Could be a combination of his size and not playing as centrally, but something has stalled his progress since moving up the age groups. At 16 going on 17 in early 2021, he still has plenty of time to develop by the time he’s 20. Size wasn’t an issue for Gomes at this level. And Omari Forson is taking to it very well from the games I’ve seen.

Another young player I can remember being really hyped at about 14 was Ben Pearson. He went on to become a very different player by the time he left for Preston. He went from being a small, technical player who trained with older age groups to quite a tenacious, physical DM instead of a #10 type midfielder.

I really hope the penny drops for Shoretire in 2021.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!

Shoretire was put in the same bracket as Rashford, Gomes and Greenwood as one of the best homemade technical players that we’ve produced this century. Making his UEFA Youth League debut at such a young age was proof of how highly he is thought of.

From what I’ve read and researched, he hasn’t been able to reproduce his best form at U18 level. Could be a combination of his size and not playing as centrally, but something has stalled his progress since moving up the age groups. At 16 going on 17 in early 2021, he still has plenty of time to develop by the time he’s 20. Size wasn’t an issue for Gomes at this level. And Omari Forson is taking to it very well from the games I’ve seen.

Another young player I can remember being really hyped at about 14 was Ben Pearson. He went on to become a very different player by the time he left for Preston. He went from being a small, technical player who trained with older age groups to quite a tenacious, physical DM instead of a #10 type midfielder.

He has been playing for the u23 all year, regularly up against player 3-5 years older than him. Tearing it up at u23 level is way to much to expect, even the fact he doesn't look out of place is great by itself. Judging youth players off statistics is useless anyway, you have to watch them and see their potential as by definition they are not fully formed players yet.

GueRed

just let these youngsters grow

they all development at different rates

no matter how fans and 'experts' hype these youngsters so much, realistically we're not going to churn out world/top class players from the academy year in year out

we'd be lucky to produce one every five years tbh...

carpy

Puff the magic dragon

Saw highlights of the u23 game against Everton a couple of days ago and noticed Shoretire seems to have had / be having a growth spurt. Looks around the same size as Mejbri now.

El Zoido

Nobody knows what’s going to happen with young players. I don’t think I ever saw anyone call Rashford, and he’s a borderline superstar now. Very few players are nailed on but I wouldn’t be quick to write anyone off.

GueRed

Nobody knows what’s going to happen with young players. I don’t think I ever saw anyone call Rashford, and he’s a borderline superstar now. Very few players are nailed on but I wouldn’t be quick to write anyone off.
All the hype from so called fans and 'experts' in Rashford's age group was reserved for the likes of Fosu fecking Mensah, AxelTuanzebe, Ro-Shaun Williams and Callum Gribben.

Rashford flew under the hype radar. Henderson and McTominay were in their group too if i can recall

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
All the hype from so called fans and 'experts' in Rashford's age group was reserved for the likes of Fosu fecking Mensah, AxelTuanzebe, Ro-Shaun Williams and Callum Gribben.

Rashford flew under the hype radar. Henderson and McTominay were in their group too if i can recall
Those players range over 3 age groups.

And no matter how many times you spout bullshit and say Fosu fecking Mensah doesn’t change how wrong it is.

Rashford had plenty hype, was being talked about on here at 14 (of which none of the others were), and was picked as the Telegraphs scholar to watch for us in their yearly list. So looks the fans and “experts” knew all about him and you just didn’t.

GueRed

Those players range over 3 age groups.

And no matter how many times you spout bullshit and say Fosu fecking Mensah doesn’t change how wrong it is.

Rashford had plenty hype, was being talked about on here at 14 (of which none of the others were), and was picked as the Telegraphs scholar to watch for us in their yearly list. So looks the fans and “experts” knew all about him and you just didn’t.
Rashford, Henderson, McTominay, Gribben, Fosu feckin Mensah, Tuanzebe, Ro-Shaun WIlliams were in the FA YOUTH CUP squads. I was at the game at White Hart Lane against Spurs. and watch them every time they come down south

I've been watching the United's youngsters since 1994 so watch your language son :lol:

Red00012

He’s 16 and he hasn’t lived up to the hype ? :wenger: :D

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He’s 16 and he hasn’t lived up to the hype ? :wenger: :D
You know that story where the guy walks in on Shola with the current Miss Seventeen Magazine, the two of them surrounded by empty Haribo packets, large VitHit (berry flavour) chilling in a bucket beside the bed and he asks him 'Shola, where did it all go wrong?'

jb8521

Rashford, Henderson, McTominay, Gribben, Fosu feckin Mensah, Tuanzebe, Ro-Shaun WIlliams were in the FA YOUTH CUP squads. I was at the game at White Hart Lane against Spurs. and watch them every time they come down south

I've been watching the United's youngsters since 1994 so watch your language son :lol:
He's right though they are 3 separate age groups. McTominay, Henderson are a year older than Rashford, Fosu-Mensah & Tuanzebe who are a year older than Williams & Gribbin

Grande

How was Rashford and Gomes doing for the U23s at 16? And aforson haven’t played at that level at all, has he? Seems like you’re jumping both barrels of the gun by quite a few years with that pennydropping.