Shola Shoretire

Beaucoup

What type of player is Shola and what's his best position. Seen reports of him being a playmaker.
Resident experts I await your assessments with interest.
2nd Striker, don't think he's anywhere near as effective out wide and that includes his time with the U16/U18's

Prodigal7

I don’t think it’s about what position he plays in, he’s a player need needs to get involved with the play as he’s both skilful and creative. Sometimes sticking him out wide blunts his creativity and skill when he’s also not especially fast running down the byline. If he was a wide forward with freedom in a 433 I think he’d do well.

Thiagoal

Must admit I’ve never really got the hype surrounding Shola. But the sheer fact he is consistently playing above his age group (well above) and rated so highly by the youth coaches makes me think he must have phenomenal talent! Would be interested watching him play against his fellow peers to see if he stands out!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Wasn’t he playing in the under 18s CL since he was about 14? How did he do?
If you go back to when the thread was first posted it gives you an idea. Interesting reading, especially those idiots who just decided his name was worthy of jokes

Okey

If you go back to when the thread was first posted it gives you an idea. Interesting reading, especially those idiots who just decided his name was worthy of jokes
Not the first time I'm commenting about his name, but with the new trend of commentators trying to learn names properly, I'm surprised they haven't learnt his. It's really not difficult. SHO-REY-TI-REY.

Santos J

Not the first time I'm commenting about his name, but with the new trend of commentators trying to learn names properly, I'm surprised they haven't learnt his. It's really not difficult. SHO-REY-TI-REY.
They've no excuse either as when he was first playing for our U18's commentators weren't allowed to use his first name because he was too young. :lol:

Inigo Montoya

I know but it’s forgivable. It’s far better than it used to be. There was a time when they wouldn’t have even made an effort

lenny_1248

Wasn’t he playing in the under 18s CL since he was about 14? How did he do?
He played only one game in Youth CL - his debut.
By the end of that season he was 15.
Then, United missed out on CL next season.
So, he did not have a chance.

NickyT

All this talk about Shola having no impact at 23 level, and so far tonight he's got a goal and an assist, the irony :lol: I love itttt

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Not to mention he’s technically a first year u18 scholar. It’s amazing how much people expect.
I think everyone expects every 17/18 year old to be as ready as the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Mbappe when they were 17/18. People think every player should be at that level as a teenager or they won't be good enough.

NickyT

I think everyone expects every 17/18 year old to be as ready as the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, Mbappe when they were 17/18. People think every player should be at that level as a teenager or they won't be good enough.
Yeah I think expectations are ridiculous atm, he's bagged 2 tonight now

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's been outstanding tonight in fairness, seems to have built quite the rapport with Diallo.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Kid just turned 17 yeah?

Idxomer

We seem to have found another Gomes, looks very tidy on the ball.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Looked like a carbon copy of Angel Gomes tonight. His one touch combinations in particular were excellent.

GueRed

Good game by young Shola Shoretire.

Hopefully shuts up the critics especially the know-nothing fool on here who said he's been "shit" all season and doesnt warrant/deserve a place in the team.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
ITK: He had some serious suitors. Coaching staff were desperate to get him signed onto professional terms. The club purchased him and his family a house in Manchester and he finally signed.

Inigo Montoya

ITK: He had some serious suitors. Coaching staff were desperate to get him signed onto professional terms. The club purchased him and his family a house in Manchester and he finally signed.
Can see why. Very Scholes like in his intelligence and awareness around the box. Scholes type header too

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
My old boss at work, her son went to school with Shoretire and they were good friends. She used to take them to school in her car and she said he was such a nice boy. Funnily enough my bosses son is called James Garner (not that one, there were 2 at the school and her son was the less known James Garner) :lol:

Cool story bro :D

Drainy

My old boss at work, her son went to school with Shoretire and they were good friends. She used to take them to school in her car and she said he was such a nice boy. Funnily enough my bosses son is called James Garner (not that one, there were 2 at the school and her son was the less known James Garner) :lol:

Cool story bro :D
It is a cool story.

Mickson

His best game by far. He is very assured when he gets the chance - on goal or make an assist. Good decision making for his age. A very good footballer, he is.

dal

So much youth talent right now.

Having a world class baller like grealish right now would do wonders for all of them.

Inigo Montoya

So much youth talent right now.

Having a world class baller like grealish right now would do wonders for all of them.
Do we need him if we can promote kids like Shola and Hannibal?

Kidding..he'd be fantastic for them

Drainy

His best game by far. He is very assured when he gets the chance - on goal or make an assist. Good decision making for his age. A very good footballer, he is.
He's been showing signs for a while, in fairness, but his passing and vision were also on display today. Great to see him expressing himself and showing how good his technique is and his finishing was also there today.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I think the criticism of him is he goes long periods without being involved in the game. When he gets on the ball you can see he is quality. Bit like Donny in that respect. He’s clearly improving on this though and becoming more influential. To be as young as he was at this level and not look out of place shows the potential he has.

Inigo Montoya

I think the criticism of him is he goes long periods without being involved in the game. When he gets on the ball you can see he is quality. Bit like Donny in that respect. He’s clearly improving on this though and becoming more influential. To be as young as he was at this level and not look out of place shows the potential he has.
He was very involved tonight, even in the tight 1st half when our defence seemed hell bent on giving the ball away

mattsville

His positioning, football intelligence and timing are extraordinary, he scored a header in amongst a physically imposing side by using all those natural qualities, he knows Diallo had it on his left and had the quality to deliver and made the run to perferction and executed it, he is a serious talent.

Bertie Wooster

Another brilliantly entertaining match tonight.

The front four, and the full backs, all played well and were a regular threat. And brilliant to see Shola get a hat trick. I'm loving watching the U23's at the moment and the link up play between Shola, Amad and Hannibal is a joy to watch as they are three very tricky, technical players with great touch and vision. They can all play in a number of positions across the pitch and float around the pitch well and at pace. It's lovely to watch.