Shola Shoretire

Bigsid

Another brilliantly entertaining match tonight.

The front four, and the full backs, all played well and were a regular threat. And brilliant to see Shola get a hat trick. I'm loving watching the U23's at the moment and the link up play between Shola, Amad and Hannibal is a joy to watch as they are three very tricky, technical players with great touch and vision. They can all play in a number of positions across the pitch and float around the pitch well and at pace. It's lovely to watch.
Nobody said anything about his ability. Was just a question of his impact in games being limited. The 30 million spent on Diallo and Hannibal has obviously made a big difference to the side as you might expect. The were on another level to anything else on pitch.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
ITK: He had some serious suitors. Coaching staff were desperate to get him signed onto professional terms. The club purchased him and his family a house in Manchester and he finally signed.
It's been absolutely clear to everyone with q couple of brain cells to rub together that he is incredibly highly rated by the club. Those questioning the talent a 16 year old as he tried to adapt to playing against players 4 years older than have no place commenting on youth football.

RedTiger

Half mast
My old boss at work, her son went to school with Shoretire and they were good friends. She used to take them to school in her car and she said he was such a nice boy. Funnily enough my bosses son is called James Garner (not that one, there were 2 at the school and her son was the less known James Garner) :lol:

Cool story bro :D
Very cool story :lol:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How is he compared with Greenwood in youth level? Is he as good?

khoazany

What a shocker, player that played well above his age group progresses as season moves on and looks better.

NFM

OK I am going to stick my neck out on this, probably most will think its OTT.
I couldn't quite see what SS had that made the staff at OT so excited, made them want to promote him through the ranks with haste, I thought he might be too small to make it anywhere but as a winger.
Now suddenly his body shape has developed and with it his ability to do what he does anywhere on the pitch. The last 2 games have been extraordinary from him. Diallo is very good, Hannibal is very promising, but this lad is very very special.
Look at his physique, he is the 'rubber ball man', he will be able to play anywhere. He is quick, very good technically, sees the player to pass to, and just gets in the right positions without thinking seemingly. He can dribble and has the speed and now the stamina to withstand tackles. He can head the ball and shoots with either foot.
No wonder Ole wanted desperately to be signed up and to play ahead of his physical development, he could see his favourite all time greatest footballer reincarnate in embryo.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
How is he compared with Greenwood in youth level? Is he as good?
Different type of player. He’s more a playmaker or second forward. Arrives late into the box.
Greenwood has tended to operate out wide and cut in to score.
Obviously highly rated. Loads of clubs were after him so it’s great we wrapped up a contract ASAP

red4ever 79

It's been absolutely clear to everyone with q couple of brain cells to rub together that he is incredibly highly rated by the club. Those questioning the talent a 16 year old as he tried to adapt to playing against players 4 years older than have no place commenting on youth football.
Love to see the youngsters do well. One question is he quick. Didn't seem to have that acceleration

GueRed

I guess it's coaching staff 1 Redcafe 0

Yeah I'm sure his agents are bullying the club into playing him in the u23s :lol:
i had some fool on here called antilun last week have a go at me for saying the coaching staff know more about the boy than us fans and he's playing for a reason....His response? he has been "shite all season" and "should be dropped back down to the under 18's."

imagine slating kids in youth football

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
What position is he? He's a LW right? Admittedly I haven't paid much attention to him this year.

Mohbah88

For someone so young he makes the right decision 9 out of 10 he is very special

Bwuk

I think his biggest issue will be the sheer amount of talent we have who can play in similar positions.

It’s clear to me that Shola and Hannibal are far too good for the level they are playing at. But as a #10 they’ve got stiff competition, likewise out on the left.

Having not long turned 17 I don’t think it’s as big as issue for Shola as it is Hannibal though.

It’ll be hard to integrate all the talent in our youth team. Hugill is another, in a year or two he’ll be ready for men’s football, but we’ll have plenty of options.

Tricky to manage for Ole and the coaches imo.

NFM

I think his biggest issue will be the sheer amount of talent we have who can play in similar positions.

It’s clear to me that Shola and Hannibal are far too good for the level they are playing at. But as a #10 they’ve got stiff competition, likewise out on the left.

Having not long turned 17 I don’t think it’s as big as issue for Shola as it is Hannibal though.

It’ll be hard to integrate all the talent in our youth team. Hugill is another, in a year or two he’ll be ready for men’s football, but we’ll have plenty of options.

From about this time next season it will be who makes way for him permanently, he is nailed on first teamer.

Brightonian

I'm really hoping to see Hannibal in the Europa League games. I don't think we can afford to take them too seriously this season, what with a title challenge which is plausible but is going to take every last drop of sweat, blood and tears to achieve. And the FA cup should come ahead of the EL too. So it would be nice to see one or two youngsters get a European run-out, and with the likes of Garner, Pellistri, Mengi and Laird out on loan, Hannibal seems like the readiest candidate (counting Amad as a senior already, that is.)

Mickson

Shola is clearly not "too good for this level". He was obviously fantastic yesterday but he has hardly set the world on fire before that game this season. A very good player, but not too good for the U23. Hannibal should be involved with the first team next season though.

Bigsid

Shola is clearly not "too good for this level". He was obviously fantastic yesterday but he has hardly set the world on fire before that game this season. A very good player, but not too good for the U23. Hannibal should be involved with the first team next season though.
Geez some get carried away. He played well and scored a hatrick against Blackburns reserve side. He's scored in two other games all season. Nobody has said he isn't a decent player. Whether he's been amazing this season is completely debatable and for those that have watched all games he has had a limited impact. Nobody has said he isn't a good player. Some of us felt his confidence would improve playing in the 18s. Hugill has been miles better this season at a similar age. Hannibal a completely different level though older and Diallo looks a level above all of them as you would expect given the money spent. FFS his transfer fee is more than Blackburns first team have spent on their entire squad. So judge it over a season rather than the odd flash and remember the level of the opposition. In the Chelsea games and City games against lads his age and level we struggled. Real Madrid in the youth champions league be soon. Let's wait and see.

Reactions: golden_blunder

jb8521

I'm really hoping to see Hannibal in the Europa League games. I don't think we can afford to take them too seriously this season, what with a title challenge which is plausible but is going to take every last drop of sweat, blood and tears to achieve. And the FA cup should come ahead of the EL too. So it would be nice to see one or two youngsters get a European run-out, and with the likes of Garner, Pellistri, Mengi and Laird out on loan, Hannibal seems like the readiest candidate (counting Amad as a senior already, that is.)
Hannibal wasn't included in the squad for the Europa League & hasn't been at the club long enough for the b list

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Whitwell saying that he'll start training with the first team for a prolonged period from this week(most probably).

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Geez some get carried away. He played well and scored a hatrick against Blackburns reserve side. He's scored in two other games all season. Nobody has said he isn't a decent player. Whether he's been amazing this season is completely debatable and for those that have watched all games he has had a limited impact. Nobody has said he isn't a good player. Some of us felt his confidence would improve playing in the 18s. Hugill has been miles better this season at a similar age. Hannibal a completely different level though older and Diallo looks a level above all of them as you would expect given the money spent. FFS his transfer fee is more than Blackburns first team have spent on their entire squad. So judge it over a season rather than the odd flash and remember the level of the opposition. In the Chelsea games and City games against lads his age and level we struggled. Real Madrid in the youth champions league be soon. Let's wait and see.
Literally every post of yours is either shitting on our academy, McNeil and now Shoretire in this forum.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Whitwell saying that he'll start training with the first team for a prolonged period from this week(most probably).
He would be the perfect example of what coaches see and what fans perceive they see.

chattichattichatta

I joined this forum to tell Bigsid, Mickson, Adnan, Beaucoup, etc to stop belittling Shola. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for deliberately slagging off some of our Great Academy boys and their hardworking coaches. We all need to support our boys for better/worse! And I do know that some of the boys read your comments.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I joined this forum to tell Bigsid, Mickson, Adnan, Beaucoup, etc to stop belittling Shola. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for deliberately slagging off some of our Great Academy boys and their hardworking coaches. We all need to support our boys for better/worse! And I do know that some of the boys read your comments.
Where did I belittle him?

I watch a lot of youth football and have done for a long time. And for me he doesn't look anything special. Maybe i'm wrong and the experts are right but that's my opinion and I hope he proves me wrong.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Shola Shoretire, has been a main-stay for United’s under 23’s this season – and has performed admirably, in spite of only just turning 17. Shoretire’s quick feet and dribbling skills are notable. He has regularly featured above his age grade for United (including making his Under 19 UEFA Youth League debut at 14, becoming the youngest ever player to feature in the competition), but to properly quantify his talent, when Shoretire has played at his own age level, he scored 65 goals in a single season for United’s under 15’s and scored 3 on his England under 15 debut. Shoretire’s display against Blackburn has been his highlight of the season, scoring a very impressive hat-trick to cap a fine performance.
As per the mid season academy review. I've seen conflicting figures about the goals he scored at youth level, has he had more than one 50+ goal season at youth level? I don't know how common that is but it seems very good for a #10.

chattichattichatta

As per the mid season academy review. I've seen conflicting figures about the goals he scored at youth level, has he had more than one 50+ goal season at youth level? I don't know how common that is but it seems very good for a #10.
Playing up and as a #10 behind Mipo Odubeko, Shola scored 66 (and 6 more in a 6-a-side Torno abroad) for the U15s. All reported and videotaped in Academy’s PMS. Before that he played as a striker scoring goals for fun. Again, all recorded. Shola has won more trophies home and abroad than anyone else at academy level. At international level, he played his own age for England U15s v Turkey. He scored a hat trick in 15 minutes and coaches took him off. Shola is a striker/ACM. Yes, United coaches have now removed the shackles as he has signed his contract and they no longer need to hide his talent in U18s/U23s games by asking him to help full-backs whilst the team attack with Hannibal/Elanga in the middle/opposite end. Thank God!

Reactions: roonster09