Shola Shoretire

Welbeckham

Happy for him. Physically it’s obviously a bit early for him, could even grow a bit taller still?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Always a joy to see a young lad make his debut, can’t wait to watch him develop and stake a claim for a regular spot. Much congrats @chattichattichatta we are rooting for him.

Chairman Steve

The fact that he’s in matchday squads and even getting minutes at this stage of the season does seem to show how highly rated he is....usually it’s the last game or two of the season when someone of his age comes into the squad when there’s nothing to play for and the pressure is non-existent.

I suppose we’ll see how highly hes rated by the Utd backroom when Thursday comes round. I don’t see him starting that (if he does then wow) but he’ll undoubtedly get some minutes unless the XI concede 2-3 goals.

NFM

Mark this day in your calenders gentlemen, this was the debut of a future star. Remember who Ole's all time favoourite footballer is? When you ask what is he like, that will tell you.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mark this day in your calenders gentlemen, this was the debut of a future star. Remember who Ole's all time favoourite footballer is? When you ask what is he like, that will tell you.
Who is this out of interest?

Devil may care

He looks about 12, he was like baby Michael Jackson coming on singing I'll be There! Nice moment for him.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’d be delighted if he got 15 mins on Thursday. So happy for the kid.

Hester_manc

I'll leave that to the sports scientists to say when to start with that.. just let him physically mature first he only turned 17 this month
There is nothing wrong with lifting weights, even from a young age. It just needs to be under controlled conditions. I know this as a part my work. Whether United believe he lacks physique is, of course, another matter.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
His old man is on here isn’t he? Was thinking when he came on how proud one must feel seeing that, still looks so young.

hope he has a great future here.

Alemar

It’s truly amazing if @chattichattichatta is indeed his dad - so proud he must be now! Congrats on the debut, hopefully he will get his first goal or assist for the senior squad soon!

BarstoolProphet

It gives me a great feeling to watch a talented academy player make his debut, especially in the PL where every game matters. Congrats to the boy and his family, well chuffed for them. Smart move by Ole to introduce him to mask over what was a poor perfomance.

Regarding how he performed you could see that he's not ready physically yet, which isn't a surprise considering his age and frame. You could see how easily he was disposessed by a Newcastle player a couple of times. His touch looked great though, which is encouraging. But overall very happy that he made his debut, hopefully they manage his progress into a first team player well.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
What? Is he.

Better take me utter shite joke away.
We think so.

And, yeah, I would. Dad only starting posting to call out some people in here who he thought were talking shit about his kid, so he may come back in a few days with a new list of posters he wants words with.

Bertie Wooster

Great to see Shoretire get his first team debut. And the same with Amad the other night. It's a shame Hannibal is injured as he might also have got a sub appearance as well in the 2nd leg on Thursday?

According to Ole, Shola and Amad will be in the squad on Thursday but unlikely to start. Obviously expected that with Shola - a second sub appearance would be nice though. I was thinking Amad might get a start - with no Cavani or DvB in the rotation and most of the regular front four likely to be rested. But hopefully we'll get to see them both at some point during the game.

Based Adnan

Fitting he came on for Rashford. Hopefully see more of him in EL with the tie all but settled.

city-puma

Congratulations to him to taste the run out in EPL first time!
Before he jumped in, the screen showed he and Ole together. I feel he is only a little bit shorter than Ole. So, he should be around 180cm.

chattichattichatta

Shola and his family say a big thank you to everyone on Redcafe.net/Reserve/Youth Forum. God Bless all of you.

Crustanoid

Congratulations @chattichattichatta

Such a beautiful moment when your kid came on. I look forward to see him play again.
Yep I want to echo this. Amazing for the lad, and you must be proud. Also amazing that the caf has close ties to the players and perhaps a warning to those poster spreading unconstructive negativity about players and the manager. The world is a small place

Alemar

Shola and his family say a big thank you to everyone on Redcafe.net/Reserve/Youth Forum. God Bless all of you.
And now welcome to the Players’ Performance forum, good sir. That’s where senior team members (such as Shola now) belong :)

Red Star One

For a fan there are not many more beautiful moments than seeing a young lad make his debut and knowing he is absolutely dreaming of making it with United. You should be a very proud man.

chattichattichatta

Fortunately/unfortunately, I think I’ve got at least 6 more years checking on some of you guys because Shola’s younger brother (at United Academy) is SOMETHING else.

city-puma

Other than just congratulations, may I give an opinion of mine? I find he is not slim anymore and is probably in process starting building up his body shape? I am sure your family are trying your best to help him to success from many many small things and details. I feel it may be very important to manage his diet carefully so that he won’t overbuild his body shape, like Deeney in watford. Shola has a lot more potential than that if he can keep his agility. No offense or anything negative. Just wish him all the best in his future!