Shola Shoretire

mav_9me

You're probably right.

It seems that having a good touch, being able to look after the ball, and being able to complete a range of passes is something the players either have or don't by the time they are adults, so that can't be coached into them. Shoretire and Gomes both have those abilities, but what they are lacking is how to influence a game. Wondering if ETH could coach that into Shoretire. We have players like McT and Fred who do a lot of running, like to put in tackles, but are not particularly skilled with the ball (both have their moments, though). Wondering if having more skilled players in the side, with players like Casemiro and Eriksen near them, could unlock them?

No idea. I just hate how so many of our great youth players fail to kick on, so I'm clutching at straws.
It's very difficult to get academy players to the first team esp at the highest levels like we aim to be at. We have actually done better than pretty much every club other than Barcelona and Ajax.

In this team we have top quality in Rashford and Greenwood (I'd count him as he is not in the team for non footballing reasons), Garnacho and decent like McT.

I'd say we are doing fine

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Angel Gomes is playing very well for Lille to my knowledge.

Mickson

Angel Gomes is playing very well for Lille to my knowledge.
Would be interesting to hear from a Lille fan or someone who watches French football regularly. Can play CM and AM (has done this season for Lille), seems like he could be a cheap squad option for United instead of Donny van de Beek.

Regarding Shoretire, it seems like he has done pretty well despite not scoring or assisting. I actually think he has been pretty effective in the youth teams when it comes to scoring, so I can imagine he will score soon enough.

Thiagoal

The Paul Scholes comparisons are interesting as he didn’t break through at United until he was 20. Diminutive players do take longer to get used to adult football and the physicality involved. I’m not surprised that he’s finding it tough to influence games with goals and assists at the moment but the experience with Bolton should stand him in good stead going forward

pascell

Would be interesting to hear from a Lille fan or someone who watches French football regularly. Can play CM and AM (has done this season for Lille), seems like he could be a cheap squad option for United instead of Donny van de Beek.

Regarding Shoretire, it seems like he has done pretty well despite not scoring or assisting. I actually think he has been pretty effective in the youth teams when it comes to scoring, so I can imagine he will score soon enough.
Games wouldn't come back to be a squad option. Best he stays and develops at Lille for at least another season.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Is he likely to be involved tonight? Didn't play the first leg

Not sure if injured or just not good enough

khoazany

Think we just don’t know what to do with him at the moment. Been our best U21s player this season. His camp has been usually quiet as well.

greater wall

A couple of well taken goals against Chelsea. Seems to have found consistency. Trains regularly with the first team. A loan would be a good option for him.

KevinJoh

I think kis contract is expiring in the summer and that he doesn't want to sign new one, while we don't want to loan him out until the end of contract. Looks similar to other players in that age as they signed 3 years contracts on 17th birthday that is close to end.

Bojan Djordjic

Think he's a player that will be good elsewhere as he definitely has talent but he's also one of those that actually has been given a chance to make an impression and hasn't really made a fist of it. Seems like a bit of VdB type player. Good at taking up positions between the lines and capable of making cute passes and finishes, but very passive and not someone who moves the dial at senior level.

Marwood

I think kis contract is expiring in the summer and that he doesn't want to sign new one, while we don't want to loan him out until the end of contract. Looks similar to other players in that age as they signed 3 years contracts on 17th birthday that is close to end.
Has there been something said about him not wanting to renew?

OleGunnar20

Looks like he'll be moving on a free then. I'd put him in the Gomes group of talents - a shame to see go but not as much of a loss as a young Greenwood or Pogba for example.

Drainy

Looks like he'll be moving on a free then. I'd put him in the Gomes group of talents - a shame to see go but not as much of a loss as a young Greenwood or Pogba for example.
Needs a couple of years playing competitive football. I'm confident he'll be a good player in his mid 20s wherever he goes. Reminds me a lot of Mason Mount, in a good way, not the arseholey way fans are about players in bad moments

OleGunnar20

Needs a couple of years playing competitive football. I'm confident he'll be a good player in his mid 20s wherever he goes. Reminds me a lot of Mason Mount, in a good way, not the arseholey way fans are about players in bad moments
I think Mount is a good comparison from the admittedly little I've seen of him. A good connector in a functioning team without necessarily being your star man.

Mickson

Did not go on loan, however, seems to be injured now although he is not near the first-team squad, it seems. But another farce by United. Yet another player the club did not have a plan for and he will surely walk out the door in June.

pascell

Did not go on loan, however, seems to be injured now although he is not near the first-team squad, it seems. But another farce by United. Yet another player the club did not have a plan for and he will surely walk out the door in June.
It's an absolute joke how we have little plans in place for some players, taking Pellistri for example heading to Alaves for a 2nd season after barely featuring the 1st season.

Ethan Laird was pulled from Swansea where he was starting every week, to warm the bench for half a season of promotion pushing Bournemouth.

Amad too should have been out on loan in January, we seem to work with a real lack of foresight, there needs to be a 2-5 year plan for players once they have been out on loan for a season, just to ensure the player forges the best career possible for themselves.

greater wall

It's probably for the best that he leaves for a club that he can play for. Take the Angel Gomez route.