Shooting at US Naval Base in Pensacola, FL | 6th Dec. 2019 | Saudi military pilot ID'd as deceased shooter

Carolina Red

Staff
2nd deadly shooting on a US Naval base this week...
PENSACOLA, Fla. - An assailant opened fire Friday morning at Naval Air Station Pensacola, leaving three people dead and several others injured before Florida sheriff’s deputies shot and killed him in the second deadly shooting at a naval base this week.

The gunman was a military pilot from Saudi Arabia training in the United States, according to a senior U.S. official.
Authorities have said little else about the shooting, or their investigation into the deadly attack.

It was unclear whether the three deceased victims were service members or civilians, said Lt. Cmdr. Megan Isaac, a Navy spokeswoman. Multiple people were taken to hospitals, including two Escambia County sheriff’s deputies who are expected to survive, Chief Deputy Chip Simmons said during a Friday morning news conference.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2019/12/06/naval-station-pensacola-active-shooter/

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Does it really need a thread? I mean these are happening all the time and we get the same discussion over and over.

Carolina Red

Staff
Does it really need a thread? I mean these are happening all the time and we get the same discussion over and over.
Well, it's a current event and all

Not to mention this one was done by a Saudi military officer training in the United States. A little different situation there.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Saudis at it again.

Nothing to see here, I won't be surprised if ultimately Iran is blamed for this because as far as uncle sam is concerned saudis can do no wrong.

The Firestarter

That's kind of bizarre though. I wonder if we will ever learn anything about the motives of the attacker.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That's kind of bizarre though. I wonder if we will ever learn anything about the motives of the attacker.
Not bizarre when you think about it. A significant part of the ideology that drives terrorists come from SA. Vast majority of 9/11 attackers were from SA.

The Firestarter

Not bizarre when you think about it. A significant part of the ideology that drives terrorists come from SA. Vast majority of 9/11 attackers were from SA.
You wouldn't expect that from military men representing the kingdom to their most important ally though.

Adisa

You wouldn't expect that from military men representing the kingdom to their most important ally though.
It won't surprise me if a lot of the Saudi soldiers hold the same ideology that drives Al Qaeda for example. It's a deeply conservative country. Coming to the US might have been a culture shock. It was said Sayyid Qutb got more radicalised after a living in the States for a bit.

Adisa

Trump already shielding Salman. That's his priority.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
It's bizarre and disgusting how quickly the Trump Administration jumps to defend the Saudis in this. No doubt that this administration will allow the other Saudi soldiers to slip out of the country like they've done with other Saudis who've been responsible for the deaths of Americans. If this were a member of the Mexican or Colombian military, Trump would be moving to end military training for foreign soldiers from Latin America.

When Trump is out of office and suddenly gets a huge influx of Russian and Saudi money, Republicans will all ask, "who could possibly have seen this coming?"

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
this administration will allow the other Saudi soldiers to slip out of the country like they've done with other Saudis who've been responsible for the deaths of Americans.
This reminds me of a certain event under a previous Republican president.