Should English football be suspended?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I see Scott Parker is furious regarding the fixture changes.
Just adds yet another string to my bow that this season's integrity has been shot too pieces. (Unless we win it of course).

But in all seriousness, The changes of fixtures, the cramming in of games, the postponements, the extra rest that some teams have had, all of it points to an unfair league, and Parker's comments just highlight that even further.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm sorry about your friend. I have had several family members get it and survive. Some a lot older than 45. My aunt who's 70 beat it. My friends 85 year old grandma beat it. I think it really has to do with underlying conditions.

But if we close the whole economy down and continue going into lockdowns, setting curfews, more than 2 out of 100 people will die.
This has been proven to NOT be the case. There are hundreds of examples of people with no underlying conditions dying or suffering terribly with this virus. A survival rate also means f*ck all if people are ending up with long term problems. You come in the thread saying people don't research and then spout your own bollocks.

I'm going to tell you something you might not like now. I've seen you post on this forum for years now and it is just absolutely indisputable that you are not very bright. I know that'll make you angry and you won't agree but let's be honest, nobody believes they're the stupid one do they? That's what makes them stupid.

Ludens the Red

So I guess you didn't even read that Mail report then? Which stated several clubs have held informal talks about making the rules even more stringent due to rising infections?

As I said, I don't expect the premiership to be put on hold, I've merely expressed my opinion that it could be done and that it may help in curbing the infection rate amongst players.
This has been done in Ireland for example with managers praising it as the right thing to do.
As I say, it's a difference of opinion from you, doesn't make it a wrong opinion.
Also, one club directly affected by Covid is potentially three clubs affected due to two games potentially being postponed, by again you don't seem to grasp that.

Yup, I'm going to be massive dick and point out how daft it was to suggest a two week break was needed or would help. As expected, more testing and warnings to players on their behaviour and lo and behold infection rates are sliding. Imagine the absolute chaos had they had gone ahead with a two week break. Probably tempted fate now but feck it.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It getting back to where maybe just null and void the season and restart a new season in the spring. It’s getting momentum apparently from the league.
I tried

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Yup, I'm going to be massive dick and point out how daft it was to suggest a two week break was needed or would help. As expected, more testing and warnings to players on their behaviour and lo and behold infection rates are sliding. Imagine the absolute chaos had they had gone ahead with a two week break. Probably tempted fate now but feck it.
They could catch it on a trip to the supermarket or their partners could, you can easily catch it through no fault of your own. Deliveries especially if that person doesn't even realise they have it.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

As I said in my post, I didn't expect the premiership to be out on hold, merely that it could be done.
The fact that even more stringent methods of social distancing and Covid rules has obviously brought the cases down, along with the nationwide lockdown which has an affect on everyone.
Still, the Irish league is starting again after a two week break, the players refreshed and cases near enough zero, no chaos materialised there.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Most people are still able to go to work, professional football is an occupation that is safer than most of other jobs in the country.

Not to mention its a big morale booster for the population and provides people an exit to covid hell.

As long as the game doesn't affect the NHS and overall spread in any significant way it should still run.

As I said in my post, I didn't expect the premiership to be out on hold, merely that it could be done.
The fact that even more stringent methods of social distancing and Covid rules has obviously brought the cases down, along with the nationwide lockdown which has an affect on everyone.
Still, the Irish league is starting again after a two week break, the players refreshed and cases near enough zero, no chaos materialised there.
you don’t have Spurs players playing in Ireland.

too many parties over Christmas. Bloody idiots.

Giggs86

No, the opposite. They should ease off and let fans back in some capacity.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
A better question would be United 2007 vs Liverpool 2019 but still some people struggle with the concept of single season comparisons so that thread probably wouldn't go far. United in 2008 won a league-CL double so that ends the conversation

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It won’t happen now, not at the very top anyway. League one downwards, maybe.

If the premier league was going to stop, the time to do it was about 3 weeks ago when all the fallout from Christmas rule breakers came to light