Should every international team be allowed an honorary citizen wildcard pick?

norm87cro

F... no. The only thing I could swallow would be a Great Britain team with the likes of Giggs,Hughes,Robertson,Bale, Colin Hendry and other good Celtic footballers. (Obviously celtic players not players of FC Celtic)
Yugoslavia or Czechkoslovakia are other ok examples aldo these countries dont exist anymore.
But to put Haaland for England or say Salah for Qatar would be just plain wrong.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I nominate Aboubakar as the gold star wildcard pick. He is allowed to play 20 mins for each team needing a win in their last group game.

flappyjay

In order to improve international football I nominate a rule change where every international team before a major competition is entered into a draft round where they are allowed to pick one player who isn’t of their nationality to become an honorary citizen and improve their side.

Which team can you improve the most with one player from another side?

I nominate Germany to have Lewandowski.
Only players available for the draft are from countries that didnt qualify.

Haaland for Senegal.

justsomebloke

In order to improve international football I nominate a rule change where every international team before a major competition is entered into a draft round where they are allowed to pick one player who isn’t of their nationality to become an honorary citizen and improve their side.

Which team can you improve the most with one player from another side?

I nominate Germany to have Lewandowski.
No. Absolutely not.

Brophs

The One and Only
Sounds dreadful.

I’ll give you €250,000 for 40%.