Should football adopt a virtual safety car approach to injuries?

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
To cut down on injury stoppages, should football continue to play through players injured on the floor while the medical staff can come onto the pitch without the game being stopped?

padzilla

Hipster
Well it's ruined F1 so no reason why soccer shouldn't be next.

Cal?

CR7 fan
No, terrible idea, you'd get managers sending medical staff on to block off oppositions.

It'd be funny to see but will quickly become a farce.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What, so players can't tackle each other, the team in possession can slowly move the ball up the opponents box, and since tackling isn't allowed under virtual safety ball rules, the team with the ball can take it all the way to the goal line and just tap it in the second the VSB ends? Seems interesting. Let's pilot this concept in the CL final.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I think they do it rugby but I've no idea how they stop the players smacking into the injured player and physio.

spiriticon

There should be no need for this gentleman's agreement to kick the ball out when a player is down and rolling around. It's annoying and pretentious.

Player injured? Tough luck. Keep playing until the ref blows.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Well we have already adopted a red flag this season for any spectator having a serious medical emergency.

sparx99

I think they do it rugby but I've no idea how they stop the players smacking into the injured player and physio.
Rugby tends to have possession stay in the same spot for longer. Football is too fast paced for it to be practical I think.

MayfieldsFinest

I coach Rugby and I don't like the fact that we don't stop. I've had a scenario when one of my guys was down getting treatment and got landed on again. I'm all for keeping the game moving but injuries should take priority

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Once the play starts drifting towards it the ref tends to blow it up. But generally the ball gets played away from the player and then moves forward so they get away with it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What, so players can't tackle each other, the team in possession can slowly move the ball up the opponents box, and since tackling isn't allowed under virtual safety ball rules, the team with the ball can take it all the way to the goal line and just tap it in the second the VSB ends? Seems interesting. Let's pilot this concept in the CL final.
:lol:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Genuinely love Goran’s threads. Inspired.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Genuinely love Goran’s threads. Inspired.
I can't decide if he spends his life thinking these up or they just come to him spontaneously.

youmeletsfly

I see that the Brits are still butthurt about the F1 race, even though Merc had FIA in their pocket for the whole year, but hey, reality hurts sometimes.

OP is a top idea, just imagine, you'd have VAR for a player going down when medical staff runs near him trying to get to the injured player. (Neymar would be one of those). It would be comedy gold.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I see that the Brits are still butthurt about the F1 race, even though Merc had FIA in their pocket for the whole year, but hey, reality hurts sometimes.

OP is a top idea, just imagine, you'd have VAR for a player going down when medical staff runs near him trying to get to the injured player. (Neymar would be one of those). It would be comedy gold.
You're bonking up the wrong tree. Goran Ivansevic is Croatian.

SuperiorXI

Didn't a similar thing just happen in F1?

Must be fair, lets do it.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Only fair to implement it in any games were losing.

So if we're trailing in any cup games, game should be reset in injury time and it'll be golden goal rules.