Should football get rid of penalities?

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Penalties are too easy and pointless as they are too random. I think they should be done away with, instead having the goal automatically awarded. Matches should be decided by deleting a player from the game every 5 minutes in extra time, up to 7 players and then taking out the goal keeper.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No. At least not in favour of an automatic goal. It would make penalty shootouts boring and never ending.

I’m all for having the one on ones they trialed in America in the 90s (IIRC). Where the player dribbles from the half way line and the keeper can come off his line.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
@Ajr you're so negative, why does football have to get rid of stuff why not add stuff?

Lets have penalties every 5 minutes

youmeletsfly

Let's have blindfolded penalties twice per half where one of each is taken by the ref.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Penalties are too easy and pointless as they are too random. I think they should be done away with, instead having the goal automatically awarded. Matches should be decided by deleting a player from the game every 5 minutes in extra time, up to 7 players and then taking out the goal keeper.
Say that to the players that miss more than they score. Besides it’s a penalty for breaking the rules. It’s not anything for the receiving team, they just enact the punishment.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Penalties are only the right punishment for certain infringements imo. A nothing handball an inch inside the box or a player who 'buys' a free kick going away from goal: neither of those attacking are going to result in a 70% scoring chance, and yet that's what penalties are.

We should have another option for non-goal-preventing actions.

Skills

Snitch
Only your goalkeeper should be allowed to take penalties

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
I’m fine with the concept of penalties at the end of extra time if at the end of 120 minutes of football it’s a draw then yeah penalties are a crap shoot but there exciting.

TheLiverBird

Lack of thinking outside the box

penalties are great, just not for the players

when times up, a member of the crowd for each team should be picked for the penalties

punishment for the players you say??….well they should have won the match!!!….they didn’t! So over too the fans to decide on penalties

am I a genius?? Praise me people