Should football have a panel of judges?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Similar to boxing, 3-5 judges judge the match giving a rating to the team and individual players which could potentially be used to decide the match.

The judges could be former players, pundits, expert fans and influencers.

Advantages
  • performances will actually matter
  • clubs who rely on individual brilliance will no longer be able to cheat
  • there will always be a fair result
Disadvantages
  • none

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don’t want those dopes in black having any more power than they already do. They’ll probably award the win to a team that isn’t even there.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Robbie from AFTV
Mark Goldbridge
That Danish kid who thinks he's Cristiano Ronaldo
Rimaldo
Piers Morgan
sensible. whilst not necessarily against the rules of the game, the low block feels like it goes against the spirit of the game. teams shouldn’t be allowed the play the kind of football that makes us look bad and means we don’t win. with a team of judges watching out for this kind of tactic, opposition managers will have to change the way they play and leave us space to do things. in the event of a draw the player with the prettiest hair for example could be the deciding factor, meaning there’s no more incentive to play negatively for a point.

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Can we turn football into a live version of Squid Game, where spectators get to decide if a bad player can be put down by snipers?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
They should sit in rotating chairs like in the Voice facing the crowd but the button to turn them around sits with the managers of the teams. So if they want a good scoring from the judge, then they'd hit the button in a period when they're attacking, but of course, the other manager has the ability to spin them around to face the crowd again.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Simon Cowell
Mark Clattenburg
Britney Spears dad

A few more judges

Mr Smith

I've heard a lot of wacky ideas to help "improve" football, but this one takes the cake...

Toad

Can we turn football into a live version of Squid Game, where spectators get to decide if a bad player can be put down by snipers?
Are we going for 1 player left alive at the end of the season? The true GOAT.

Teja

Make a team of 11 Ronaldinhos and ask them to do some tricks to please the judges. Who cares about putting the ball in the net anyway, that's not what football's about.

jeff_goldblum

Can the result not be 50% judges decision and 50% fans in the stadium voting with a button/on the app?

::sonny::

Here my list of experts

Tim Sherwood
Paul Merson
Greame Souness
Steve McManaman
Robbie Savage
Jamie Redknapp
Mike Dean

Thats their job

finneh

Here my list of experts

Tim Sherwood
Paul Merson
Greame Souness
Steve McManaman
Robbie Savage
Jamie Redknapp
Mike Dean

Thats their job
How long before "the British public is sick of experts".

Superden

They should be sat in individual pods, suspended high above the pitch so they get a great view. And of course a twitter poll at the end of the game too determine which pods are lowered safely and which are flung towards the M62..