Should football pitches be circular?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Aaaah… that makes sense.
Also explains why i haven't noticed any of his threads.

Guess we agree then! :lol:
Yep, entirely! :)

(I was confused a while ago and looked it up, then realized @goranivanisevic had become @Ajr.)

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
As it is now obvious @horsechoker and @Ajr are the same poster, I say we ban them both.
I would like to think my threads have a little more behind the ideas than this one though, at least I explain the reasoning why. Eg having corners of the pitches be curved to prevent time wasting at the end of games rather than just asking should they be curved.

This idea could actually have worked if in the beginnings of football they played on a circular pitch, no one would know any different as in Australian rules or cricket or something.

SoCross

I swear this conversation was had once upon a time in the Caf and someone had a brilliant suggestion regarding the goal posts.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is this a new twist on is the world flat?

And some nuts will find creative ways to answer why you just wouldn't fall off the edges?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Aussie Rules has a circular pitch. It looks shite on TV but when you see it live it's absolutely amazing. Don't think our players would have the stamina for it though, and Ronnie would be expected to do a lot of off the ball man marking. Short sleeve shirts, though, so that might interest him.