Should Garnacho be going to Qatar?

redsunited

Needs to continue his development. Plus a good world cup would have the sharks circling again
Exactly. Get the contract extension sorted soon. Also the players who miss the World Cup has a great chance to perform better in the second half of the season. Martial, Sancho and Garnacho are the players I am looking forward to perform better after the break if they get the focus right.

Hughie77

If he did go I wouldn't have minded, next world cup yes as long as his development goes upwards the boy is young and hungry and those players are what we need.
Who knows if he did go could his head have been turned by older pros for him to leave?
The boy has talent and UTD need to improve him and keep him for years to come hopefully.

Denis79

Way too early I think. I would have loved to see him play in the WC but it could have the opposite effect of what we are hoping for. Let him earn his place in the Argentinian squad, let him work hard and develop further. 3 good games and he's ready for one of the best national teams on the planet?

lex talionis

The young Argie would have been on the bench, almost definitely not seeing a minute of competitive action.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If i were the manager, I'd bring him, if only just to make sure he tied up to Argentina NT. Now he could change his mind to Spain NT.

Or maybe i got this wrong?

Jam

Pele went when he was 17, Maradona almost went when he was 18 but ultimately debuted at 22, fat Ronaldo appeared at his first at 18. Let Garnacho follow in their legendary steps.
:houllier:

Can we not make silly comparisons of every youngster we have who shows any signs of talent please.

I get excited when a young lad breaks into the team, or is on the cusp, but good lord some of you take it to the next level.

He could ultimately be Macheda, or Januzaj, or Greenwood, or Welbeck… it could still go any direction.

RedTiger

Half mast
:houllier:

Can we not make silly comparisons of every youngster we have who shows any signs of talent please.

I get excited when a young lad breaks into the team, or is on the cusp, but good lord some of you take it to the next level.

He could ultimately be Macheda, or Januzaj, or Greenwood, or Welbeck… it could still go any direction.
It was half in jest :lol: I love him but I do think we shouldn't be throwing him in straight away, ideally I'd give him 15 odd games for the club this season.

lex talionis

But seeing the others train and play (sitting on the bench watching is huge for development
I think this is a serious post, but I could be wrong. Without question Garnacho would have only watched from the bench, very appropriately so, but training with his national team would have been immense for his self-belief without suffering any risk of being thrown into a competitive match and finding himself outmuscled by a cynical RB.

But as it stands now, he’s training under ETH’s watch which I’m happy about. But it would have been good for the boy’s development to train with his NT mates.

simplyared

34 was old 10/15 years ago. Right now a lot of players still perform at 34. He had problems with injuries this season but if he is fit than he is still a very good player. Must be fit enough if he is included in the squad.

Not a strong personality? What is that even about? A fit Di Maria is an excellent player who also works very hard for his team/Messi. He scored the winner last Copa America final so di Maria has a bit more credit than a youth player from Manchester United who played a few good games.
Feckin great player Di Maria :houllier:

simplyared

Can't believe so many on here saying he's better off at Carrington. That's bollocks, it would have been a fantastic experience for him and going on what we've seen so far he wouldn't have done himself an injustice either.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Take back what I thought, he should have gone :(

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Well guess there's a certain number 10 that will be available now.......

Jericho

Might be better in the long run, keep him hungry and all that.

RedDevilRoshi

Gutted that he never went but his career has only just started and he’ll get plenty of opportunities in the future.

Tonight will spur him on.

simplyared

Imagine him being part of that!
He'd have come off the bench against them Saudi's and turned that game round for starters.
Although Di Maria did put a shift in in the final :houllier: