Should Leicester City replace Arsenal or Spurs as part of Top 6?

I mean the below speaks for itself, surely they deserve to be in the Top 6 category now?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Top 6 is historic but only so far - I can remember when Everton were 100% classed as a top 6 side after all.

always hated the notion of the big 4 or big 6. I know they are easy targets, but spurs as part of that group is laughable!

even the fact United have been up and down shows what a stupid concept it is.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's not really the top 6 though is it, it's the 'big' 6

Arsenal and Spurs are still bigger clubs than Leicester unfortunately. Leicester are undoubtedly better than Arsenal though, debate to be had about Spurs

Top 6 is historic but only so far - I can remember when Everton were 100% classed as a top 6 side after all.
Top 6 is only a recent thing I’m sure, it was always Top 4. I think it was Sky that moved the goal post.

Zoo

Definitely. Invite them to ESL part 2.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
In so far as the "big 6" is a completely meaningless term, sure

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Top 6 is only a recent thing I’m sure, it was always Top 4. I think it was Sky that moved the goal post.
They moved the goalposts when some of the traditional top 4 teams started finishing outside the top 4, but even then it became the big 6, not the top 6 to get around the fact that some of us weren't even finishing in the top 6 in some seasons.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The top 6 thing is also down to fanbsse and financial strength. Leicester are actually quite strong financially but their fanbase I think is tiny in comparison. I'm sure it's growing massively though.

RoyH1

Spurs and Arsenal are huge because they're big London clubs. Leicester doesn't have demographics on it's side.
Very well run club though. Lots of neutrals supporting them.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It's not really the top 6 though is it, it's the 'big' 6

Arsenal and Spurs are still bigger clubs than Leicester unfortunately. Leicester are undoubtedly better than Arsenal though, debate to be had about Spurs
What do you think makes Spurs a bigger club than Leicester? They've only won a couple of FA and League Cups since the world was in black and white.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Leicester are already in the top 6 in the only league that matters.

RUCK4444

I’d say they replace Arsenal. Not because Spurs are a bigger team than arsenal just on the recent competitiveness of the teams

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The "glamour" of Spurs remains a mystery to me. 2 league titles, the last being 60 years ago. One trophy this century, a league cup.

Credit to their PR people for fooling a lot of football fans into thinking they're a big club.

Probably moved it for us because we were/are yoyo-ing in and out of top 4 but we're a big name so have to be included in conversations.

PoTMS

City only became a top 6 club 10 years ago. Spurs were regularly finishing bottom half of the table. It was only top 4 until City started doing well, we started doing badly and Poch came in. So yes, Leicester should be now replacing Arsenal who will finish 8th twice in a row.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Arsenal has won more than Spurs in the past 10 years.

Spurs being included is strange really, as remove Harry Kane and they’re not that great.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bearing in mind no-one ever mentioned "top 6" until a few years ago, it's certainly not set in stone.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Top 6 is silly, nothing will beat the genuine big 4 from 05-10ish. 4 genuinely very good sides who won things.

charlenefan

What do you think makes Spurs a bigger club than Leicester? They've only won a couple of FA and League Cups since the world was in black and white.
oh come off it, of course they are

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
I’d say they replace Arsenal. Not because Spurs are a bigger team than arsenal just on the recent competitiveness of the teams
Last decade-

Leicester City: 1 Premier League, 1 FA Cup

Arsenal: 4 FA Cups

Tottenham Hotspur: _______

charlenefan

Last decade-

Leicester City: 1 Premier League, 1 FA Cup

Arsenal: 4 FA Cups

Tottenham Hotspur: _______
Yes but they're on for a 5th season in a row of finishing ahead of you in the league, with 3 of those seasons resulting in UCL football for them and EL football for Arsenal

Truth is though that this will now be 2 seasons in a row with no UCL football for Spurs either so both clubs are hanging onto that 'big 6' title by the skin of their teeth

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
All these labels are somewhat arbitrary and more a sign of how desperate media companies, particularly Sky, are to create more big games between big teams to promote a somewhat overhyped product that the PL has become (in terms of overall quality of play).

Arsenal and Spurs are not big names going by recent results, in my opinion.

RedDevilzFox

Top 6 changes but yeah I think Lester have a legitimate claim of being in it instead of spurs.

Red Stone

It's not like it's an exclusive club that only a select few clubs have ever been in, so they absolutely deserve to be in the reckoning. I get that City need to be in the top 4/6/whatever since they're annoyingly good after getting sugardaddied, but Spurs haven't won anything and people just sort of accept that they're entitled to a spot. If Spurs are in, so are Leicester.

When did it become the top 6 anyway? As far as I recall Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and us used to be the so-called 'Big Four' before City got unlimited money.

At the end of the day the idea of there being a fixed number of clubs at the top of the hierarchy is dumb.

charlenefan

It's not like it's an exclusive club that only a select few clubs have ever been in, so they absolutely deserve to be in the reckoning. I get that City need to be in the top 4/6/whatever since they're annoyingly good after getting sugardaddied, but Spurs haven't won anything and people just sort of accept that they're entitled to a spot. If Spurs are in, so are Leicester.

When did it become the top 6 anyway? As far as I recall Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and us used to be the so-called 'Big Four' before City got unlimited money.

At the end of the day the idea of there being a fixed number of clubs at the top of the hierarchy is dumb.
it became a 'big' 6 when two of the 'top' 4 regularly stopped finishing in the top 4

Irwin99

Think they need a few years qualifying for the Champions League before we can really look at them in the top bracket. It's absolutely fantastic what they've done though.

RyRoc

It's the top six based on global popularity as opposed to success which Arsenal are by far bigger than Leicester. Spurs more of an argument could be made but even still fairly comfortably keep their place.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Like everything nowadays, it's about revenue. Spurs' revenue is about the 4th highest in the league. If you look at this chart, you'll see the big 6 are pretty obvious, and it has nothing to do with trophy count.
This, and global popularity ties in to how much money a club earns.

It's about revenue, the reason Spurs were probably invited to the ESL, revenue. Not about what you have won or history or recent success, how many cheese rooms you have.

zenith

It's not so much of the big 6 based on footballing merit as it is based on financial muscle. Surely big six her means rich 6.

On football merit, there is surely no such concept

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Why do people take this big six stuff seriously? It was invented by Sky as a way to keep interest in games when ourselves, Arsenal and Spurs fell off. Leicester have been more consistently good since they won the title since most of the so-called big six. It's nothing more than a marketing gimmick. If next season turns into a four way title race it'll be rebranded as the fab four. Or they'll call it the magnificent seven. Anything to sell matches to viewers. The reality is its all just advertising.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Winning the FA Cup doesn't count for anything imo, but their league form over the last years makes it a fair argument.