Should Manchester United move?

Would you support Manchester United if they moved?

• No, the team belongs in Manchester

Votes: 115 82.7%
  • I would support the club wherever it was based.

Votes: 24 17.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I really want United to be moved to my City so I can also claim to be a top red.

stevoc

We should relocate to Doha, that would make a lot on here happy.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I think I agree with this ultimately. For me, being in Manchester is an integral part of being Manchester United.
So why are you asking the question then, to pour scorn on those who think opposite.
It's a stupid question not a good one. You don't move a football club. If you want to weed put people with believed bad opinions to shake our heads at then yea its a good question.
We all had fun yesterday debating with you and we all in my opinion reached the conclusion of lets agree to disagree.

D4X73r

Maybe there is a better place for a club like ours to be also more attractive for young talents. When financial situation is not fixed in the near future, or club goes down, there will be a stadium available in sunny Barcelona white text

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Obviously it's not going to happen, but I'll go along with the theoretical situation.

I wouldn't stop being a fan if Man Utd moved somewhere else, but I certainly would be disappointed. It would be a kick in the teeth to the great history of the club.

Oranges038

It's one hell of a franchise, one any city would love to have.

Sell it to the highest bidder, that's what I say.

Sultan

Most Cockney fans who support United are born Northerners. :D

RyRy11

If United moved should Mancunians start supporting City?

Sultan

Be a much more convenient trip for most fans also.

I'm allowed to be stupid in a stupid thread, right?
It's a stain on London teams if Cockneys need to travel to watch a proper team up North. :smirk:

redsunited

No. United shouldn't move.

In case of temp move due to stadium rebuild, United should play in Wembley. It would show up who is top dog in London, who could fill 90k stadium every PL match.

Member 125398

We should merge with Sheffield Utd and change our name to the Devil's Blade.

LordSpud

I want to know why it has to be Manchester, UK? Move to the USA and the Glazers might even come to more games.

Take your pick:
  • Manchester, California,
  • Manchester, Monterey County, California,
  • Manchester, Connecticut
  • Manchester, Georgia.
  • Manchester, Illinois.
  • Manchester, Indiana.
  • Manchester, Montgomery County, Indiana.
  • Manchester Township, Dearborn County, Indiana

OleGunnar20

Does Manchester need to be in Manchester? I mean we all know how dreary it can get. Manchester would be much nicer say, relocated to andalusia for example.

What a thought provoking thread.

RedIan

Whats happening on this forum. The second pathetic thread ive seen this morning.
All clubs have their roots and history.
our club is Manchester, belongs in Manchester and will stay in Manchester.
If people with roots outside of manchester want to support us, thats great but respect our history.
we aint going anywhere else for no one.

RedIan

The more interesting question is 'should Manchester United merge with a local rival?'

Imagine a United/City alliance - unlimited wealth, allied with the fervent support of 100,000 Mancunians in a custom built stadia! It would finally challenge the stranglehold that Madrid seems to have over the Champions League.
Get a grip FFS

Member 125398

Whats happening on this forum. The second pathetic thread ive seen this morning.
All clubs have their roots and history.
our club is Manchester, belongs in Manchester and will stay in Manchester.
If people with roots outside of manchester want to support us, thats great but respect our history.
we aint going anywhere else for no one.
What's the 'most Manchesters in a post' record?

BarstoolProphet

Would get me a season ticket and visit the Megastore each day if we were located in the Bahamas. Manchester will do, though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
@Wumminator but this kind of threads are very poisonous tbh. And uncomfortable for fans outside of UK. Not cool.
[/QUOTE]
But they’re impure and deserve it

Look I get that Manchester United is intrinsically tied to the city and that will always remain. It’s a club that represents Manchester and it’s global fanbase but is geographically connected to no other place. But this whole superior inferior thing isn’t something that needs to be bleated on about as it is unnecessary given the devotion of fans across the world. The whole chest chumping and dick waving that fans do to prove their worth or superiority is not in good spirit.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Just a recent thread that got me thinking. Ultimately, does Manchester United need to be in Manchester?

If we are taken over, there may be valid reasons to move out home ground. Would you be okay with this?
This is your only warning. You’ve caused enough chaos yesterday. Stop wumming or you’re gone

Status
Not open for further replies.