Should teams be rewarded for hitting the post?

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
I hope you were high when you started the thread.

I'm pretending to be high and I will ask you this: What happens when football will become a "let's hit the bar competition because we're too fecking useless to score?"
I've thought long and hard about this and May be it's time the soccer ball was made bigger

jem

Good - 4th wall breaking should be a banning offence as far as I’m concerned. By the way, we’ve discussed rewards for hitting posts. But perhaps we should discuss punitive measures as well? Ex. Missing an open goal = 2 minutes in the sin bin

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This is really what is really wrong with football. Not VAR or diving, there just isn't enough maths.

The 0.612 Goal of the Month competition will be hot as hell. Looking forward to that.

I also think that the distance that away teams have to travel to the home stadium should also be added into this formula or at least taken into account. Maybe increasing match time by 1 minute for every 13 miles travelled.

You are probably right, but I'm thinking maybe some more of a really, really tight bib instead, so that the player is more uncomfortable than usual, therefore putting them at a clear disadvantage. Or maybe they have to wear their boot on the wrong foot instead, so that their stronger foot has the weaker boot and vice versa.
Someone promote this guy :lol:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I wonder if goals that actually do go in the net should have different values. I think it's a bit silly that a crappy scuffed goal from a yard out should count the same as a rocket blasted or dribbled in from thirty yards. The effort and skill input isn't the same, so should the reward?

Maybe we could have judges sat by the pitch like they have at gymnastics holding up cards choosing how many points to give each goal.

Kristjan

Retired Dictator
When Baz starts a thread with the words "serious question" you just know it's going to be good :lol:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think since Leicester won the league without spending 500 milion they really should have been awarded 2 Pl trophies and when a midget scores a header it should count for 3 goals.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
What about if they used the kind of goals you get at fun fairs and summer fetes? The ones where they have holes, and the smaller hole you get the ball in the more points you get.

They could be used for the whole game or maybe just for during penalties and free kicks in the initial stages.
This gave me an idea that they should use inflatable goals, except at the beginning of the game they take the plug out so it slowly deflates as the match goes on.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I wonder if goals that actually do go in the net should have different values. I think it's a bit silly that a crappy scuffed goal from a yard out should count the same as a rocket blasted or dribbled in from thirty yards. The effort and skill input isn't the same, so should the reward?

Maybe we could have judges sat by the pitch like they have at gymnastics holding up cards choosing how many points to give each goal.
Knowing the FA, they'll surely go with Simon Cowell and Richard Hammond.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
This is the sort of change that would make me an active football fan again.

I also appreciate most other suggestions in this thread.

GGT

How about bonus points for attendance?
over 50k = 0.1 goal
over 60k = 0.15
over 70k=1.0
we would still get beat by the scouse. Sad days

Tony Babangida

Knowing the FA, they'll surely go with Simon Cowell and Richard Hammond.
I like this idea but I think instead of sitting at the side of the pitch the FA should provide Hammond and Cowell with quad bikes so that they can keep up with the action.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Not a bad idea actually. I also think that if you score a goal after it was initially disallowed but a VAR ruled it legitimate, it should count for two.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Think Burnley hit the woodwork three times in as many seconds today. Definitely should have counted as half a goal each in my book.

NewMember

What about rewards for the distance the ball was from the goal?

<1m = 0.5 goals
<5m = 0.25 goals
<50m = 0.05 goals
Hey, you stole my idea. Only difference is I think the longer the distance the more goals you score.

So 8 meters out and it’s 0.8 goals.
26 meters out and it’s 2.6 goals.

Determine exact spot the player shot it from through VRA or the player may stay planted after releasing his shot for more accuracy.

Upon reviewing, referee will bring out a measuring tape and start from the goal line and extend it out all the way to where the shot was released from. After reviewing, the exact goal amount will be announced. That way teams will never be truly out of a game.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Goals scored by goalkeepers should count double.

Imagine the chaos at the end of every game when a team is one goal behind.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Yes, the reward would be to ban Gary Nevile from commenting on that team for a week.

Welbeckham

I hate it when they call hitting the post ”unlucky”. ”Not good enough” is more accurate.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Perhaps something can be done to eliminate the wood work from the game entirely. Perhaps some bright minds can construct a floating net propelled upwards by ducts of flowing air. That way this entire conundrum can be circumvented (get it, vented).

Andre The Giant

If the score is still 0-0 at 70 minutes, then the value of substitutions is changed. Instead of subs being used to replace players, they are added to the game after every five minutes instead, up to a maximum of 14 players per side. If a goal is scored within this time-frame, then this sub rule ceases to come into effect and the game carries on as normal. If a goal is scored in the 81st minute, both sides will have 13 players and can just carry on that way until the game ends.

After 90 minutes, the goals should be extended to be twice the size that they currently are if the game is still 0-0.

Players who have scored a hat-trick will be forced to use their "weaker foot" for the next game.

Thank god we don't have Valencia anymore, can you imagine him running around the whole game using only his left foot?

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
"If you dont score you should get rewarded as if you did score."

Small mentality

Suvvernmanc

Could this be the stupidest thread in the history of red cafe.? Are the mods still laughing hysterically to the point that that they cant get off the floor to lock this thing.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Hey, you stole my idea. Only difference is I think the longer the distance the more goals you score.

So 8 meters out and it’s 0.8 goals.
26 meters out and it’s 2.6 goals.

Determine exact spot the player shot it from through VRA or the player may stay planted after releasing his shot for more accuracy.

Upon reviewing, referee will bring out a measuring tape and start from the goal line and extend it out all the way to where the shot was released from. After reviewing, the exact goal amount will be announced. That way teams will never be truly out of a game.
Rashford, is that you?

SaintMuppet

Quite possibly the stupidest idea in a galaxy of stupid ideas. Thread should be closed and poster given a temporary ban for coming up with this....