Should teams be rewarded for hitting the post?

HJ12

:lol::lol::lol:. What is this thread?

I remember a clip doing the rounds years ago of I think it was Ronaldinho who was able to hit both posts and then into goals with a single shot(at will obviously). How many points for that?

Saffron

:lol::lol::lol:. What is this thread?

I remember a clip doing the rounds years ago of I think it was Ronaldinho who was able to hit both posts and then into goals with a single shot(at will obviously). How many points for that?
Fun fact: Zlatan publicly said that clip must be fake because it would be impossible to hit the bar that consistently.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
We hit the post twice in the opening game against United. According to the new rules I just came up with, it cancels out four goals we conceded and makes Chelsea a deserved winner of the match. I'll notify the FA immediately.

youmeletsfly

Serious question......

Is there anything to said for a team to be rewarded a "half a goal for hitting the post"

Would make games more interesting and rewards players like Rashford for hitting a worldie off the post.

In most cases hitting a post is harder to do then scoring a goal. Anyone who has attempted the crossbar challenge will agree with this.
I hope you were high when you started the thread.

I'm pretending to be high and I will ask you this: What happens when football will become a "let's hit the bar competition because we're too fecking useless to score?"

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I hope you were high when you started the thread.

I'm pretending to be high and I will ask you this: What happens when football will become a "let's hit the bar competition because we're too fecking useless to score?"
The bar is a much smaller target so require more skill to hit. Think about how you get a treble in darts versus a single for hitting the big number.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Why not.......

10 years ago if it was mentioned VAR shoukd be brought in to the game it would have garnered the same response.

Obviously people won't like the idea - but I think it's important people are allowed free speech and any idea should be discussed.

Maybe instead of discouraging debate - you should put forward why you are against it.

In Rugby if you touch a post you get a try - I'm not saying my idea is fully developed - but from people ive spoken to - they are keen to advance the idea.

I'll give 6 reasons why a Super Goal will benefit the game

1. It rewards creativity
2. A Super Goal in a boring 0-0 draw makes the game more exciting
3. Everyone loves when the ball cracks off the post
4. The technology is already there with Cricket to see if a ball hits post.
5. As ole said - the game could bring in a "wooden boot" to go alongside the "golden boot" award
6. Try saying "goalllllll" - then saying "Suppperrr Goalllllll", then tell me which is more exciting.
:lol:

ValenciaRocks

Fun fact: Zlatan publicly said that clip must be fake because it would be impossible to hit the bar that consistently.
Fantastic idea! You’ve just flicked a switch here...

Obviously Zlatan is an expert in judging if a player is legitimately aiming for the post. Therefore, he could be the VPA (Virtual Post Analyser) with live footage of his reaction and he could determine how many goals it is worth.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I do think efforts that hit the post/bar should go down on as attempts on target personally (I understand why they don't though)

NewMember

Not the best idea really. What they should do though is award goals based on from how many yards you scored. So let’s say you score a goal from 7 yards out, that’s 0.7 goals, if you score from 22 yards out, it would count as 2.2 goals and so on. It would add a whole new level of strategy to the game and guys like Rashford and Pogba would thrive.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
I want to change the whole thing. Put this one in instead, let the keeper stand on a trampoline so he can get the high shots. Count the numbers after 90 minutes. A bulls eye wins the match like a golden goal.

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
Delighted to wake up and see the vast, vast majority in favour of the idea.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Serious question......

Is there anything to said for a team to be rewarded a "half a goal for hitting the post"

Would make games more interesting and rewards players like Rashford for hitting a worldie off the post.

In most cases hitting a post is harder to do then scoring a goal. Anyone who has attempted the crossbar challenge will agree with this.
It's not though, is it? Wait. Is it?

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Doesn't seem the place for a serious post, but I'll make one anyway because I've been thinking about this recently. In football, one goal is a very big deal, and could decide the outcome of an entire game: it makes every attack more exciting, every switch in possession potentially highly consequential, etc... You start adding other stuff to this, and I feel like you run the risk of losing the suspense that the possibility of a single goal brings. 1 goal means less if there's the possibility of, say, 2 goals for a strike from 25 yards, and it possibly shifts the game more towards shooting than dribbling, passing and good build up play. The point was about half goals, but it could open the door to stuff like that.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Yes! And between minutes 40 and 45 and 85 and 90, we should have ‘MULTI-BALL’ where there are 350 balls simultaneously thrown on the pitch.

bazalini

I want to change the whole thing. Put this one in instead, let the keeper stand on a trampoline so he can get the high shots. Count the numbers after 90 minutes. A bulls eye wins the match like a golden goal.
I like it but a bit kitch.

How about we give the Goalkeeper a bungee chord and he is only allowed a certain distance from his goals because Of the bungee chord.

Would make pass backs to the goalie so much more fun.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Half a goal upgraded to a whole one if it bounces off the other one, too.
Post + opposite post + crossbar = super jackpot.

If you manage to achieve this feat, a giant 100-foot pez despenser sprouts from the center circle and spits thousands of mini Rachel Riley's out over the lucky winner.

Look-a-Hill

Add a multi-ball system; with balls of varying values (let's say 1 x multiplier for a red ball and 7 x multiplier black...) and you've got a winner.

marktan

I think if the same player hits the post twice (or maybe thrice) in a match, it should be a goal. That way it'll encourage players who've already hit the post once to basically shoot on site.

Tony Babangida

Should make the nets bigger and put a third post in the middle to make things more interesting. Would add an element of risk for the goalkeeper when diving.

Low scoring games are killing soccer and it’s about time something innovative was done to improve the sport.

klsv

Have VAR watch the highlights and some bloke to analyse xG, then decide the score by the majority vote of experts.

bazalini

Low scoring games are killing soccer and it’s about time something innovative was done to improve the sport.

Appreciate your support. I'm not saying my idea is rock solid - but something needs done to get young children off the Fortnite and back playing soccerball

ariveded

Yes, we can have a "moral" table, so these woodwork shots can be counted as a goal, and at the end whichever team tops the "moral" league, gets to be "moral" champions. A great propaganda...

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
What about rewards for the distance the ball was from the goal?

<1m = 0.5 goals
<5m = 0.25 goals
<50m = 0.05 goals