Should the CL Final be moved to England? - Moved to Portugal

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Won't happen UEFA are quite stubborn even if it makes sense. Moreover, would you want City winning the Champion's League at Old Trafford?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I agree, I think it should be moved to Stamford bridge

100% it should be moved. Could play it at Anfield or Villa Park.

there’s not going to be that many fans allowed anyway - given the pandemic, it’s ridiculous for any fans to be thinking about going to turkey.

UEFA won’t think logically about it though.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can we have the Europa in England if Arsenal win too?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Anywhere but Old Trafford.

But it should definitely be in the UK. Is the Millennium Stadium still a nightingale hospital? If not, then it is big enough to allow a good number of fans with social distancing. Anfield too.

Or what is the possibility of Twickenham? IIRC it's never hosted a football match before. If they can convert it to host the NFL, then I'm sure they could lay a football pitch down.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
If I was representing Istanbul I would push for this. Hosting a final with limited capacity is a waste of time. El Plastico is the most soulless final ever. Get dibs on a later final when the pandemic is over and there hopefully are proper teams in the final.

tomaldinho1

It doesn't even need to be a big stadium due to there being so few fans invited so just somewhere easily accessible for both groups of fans, maybe the Molineux or King Power. Turkey's getting ravaged by covid, time for some common sense.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Everyone knows the venue is set years back, is an honour, and all that stuff.

It's one thing if it was just the two sets of teams travelling, but if they're really entertaining the idea of fans going, it's breathtakingly foolish.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
100% it should be moved. Could play it at Anfield or Villa Park.

there’s not going to be that many fans allowed anyway - given the pandemic, it’s ridiculous for any fans to be thinking about going to turkey.

UEFA won’t think logically about it though.
Must be joking at Anfield, sure that would go smooth :lol:...

Has to be Wembley or the Emirates... For comedy value

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
What's the point in moving it?

Barely any tickets available. Basically half of Britain has had their first dose of vaccine, like 15 million have had two doses. Where's the danger in going to Turkey? More likely to get sunburn than Covid.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
of course YES, it would be the most logical solution, so it won't happen, same thing for the eventual EL final.

Tarrou

nah, feck'em

took me about a month to get flight and a hotel for Moscow, its all part of the experience

RoyH1

What's the point in moving it?

Barely any tickets available. Basically half of Britain has had their first dose of vaccine, like 15 million have had two doses. Where's the danger in going to Turkey? More likely to get sunburn than Covid.
:lol:

keithsingleton

Think it makes sense in the pandemic. Not sure what the logistics of it are and if it’s possible.
Makes sense which is why it won't happen. UEFA law on too themselves. Covid should play a part but because of contract agreements it won't be possible.

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
Yes.

Absolute madness to engineer a situation where fans of 2 English clubs are made to fly out from the UK to attend a game in Turkey where covid is going through the roof.
Also makes to sense in environmental terms by needlessly putting planes in the air and dumping pollution in the upper atmosphere wher3 it does the most harm.

UEFA‘s a self serving organisation that has not so much as once gram of moral fibre.

Oranges038

For either of these sugar Daddy clubs to win it, it will be perfect if they win it in a soulless stadium with no fans.

But they can move it to Outer Mongolia for all I care. This place is perfect, plastic pitch and only a 5000 capacity.

F-Red

Yes.

Absolute madness to engineer a situation where fans of 2 English clubs are made to fly out from the UK to attend a game in Turkey where covid is going through the roof.
Also makes to sense in environmental terms by needlessly putting planes in the air and dumping pollution in the upper atmosphere wher3 it does the most harm.

UEFA‘s a self serving organisation that has not so much as once gram of moral fibre.
They haven't just announced Istanbul as the location, no need for the hyperbole.

pauldyson1uk

Yes.

They have know it was in Istanbul all season, there is more pollution from the cars and buses taking fans to the airport than is put out by the aircraft that will take them, a car emits more CO2 than the average plane because they consume more energy to transport the same amount of passengers.

Crustanoid

For either of these sugar Daddy clubs to win it, it will be perfect if they win it in a soulless stadium with no fans.

But they can move it to Outer Mongolia for all I care. This place is perfect, plastic pitch and only a 5000 capacity.

El Plastico needs a plastic pitch. The trophy should be a plastic imitation this year too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Has to be relocated now, right? Give it to Istanbul next year (which they already did this year, I believe). Maybe give it to them 2 years on the bounce to compensate?

TheReligion

Abusive
Has to be relocated now, right? Give it to Istanbul next year (which they already did this year, I believe). Maybe give it to them 2 years on the bounce to compensate?
Why is it in Istanbul anyway? They've had in when Liverpool won it

Ludens the Red

Perfect. City and Chelsea playing in an empty ground for the CL is as absolutely fitting.
They better not even dare play this game at Old Trafford. United fans wouldn’t allow it anyway. We’d break into the ground to prevent it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
UEFA insisting this be in Turkey is so daft... a welcome reminder of how stupid UEGA are/how little they care about the fans in case anyone needed a reminder after the EL fiasco