Should we consider selling Harry Maguire?

tombombadil

He may be our best centre half but that’s only because we don’t have any decent centre halves.

We should just write off the 80 million and look to replace him. Most of the 80m is already lost, I’d say he is now worth 15 to 20 at best. We just need to recognise this loss and move on.

We should also fire anyone who had anything to do with this transaction. That’s how it would work in any normal functioning business.
Well I have to disagree. The way things are, it makes more sense to just buy another centerback as opposed to making a loss and then buying another 2 centerbacks. Finding one is hard enough as it is.

tombombadil

The Maguire hate here is a bit baffling. He’s a good defender who is stuck with an unreasonable price tag. Before the restart, he and AWB were by far our best defenders. He’s had a terrible summer and rival fans are pouring it on yet our own supports are pouring it on too. Toxic club and supporters.
I understand the sentiment. It has to be mentioned that this is real life. With real people. Lots of people here need to understand that. Years from now, all the players young and old are going to remember how the supporters were toxic on their own loyal players when the chips were down. Don't expect them to stay loyal when times are good.

It also needs to be said that this is not a computer game. Transfers don't go through on a whim. A million moving parts need to work in synchrony to even get one player, let alone two.

Dante

Bang Average but can post Blindfolded for 15 secs
Supports
saves.outer.elite
On the one hand, he cost £80m. But on the other hand, he cost £80m.

If you take into account how much he cost (£80m), you have to admit that he cost £80m.

Obviously, it's not his fault that he cost £80m. But he did cost £80m. And that price tag (£80m) is a big one for him to live up to.

If you ignore his good performances and concentrate only on his bad performances, you have to question why he cost £80m.

£80m.

TsuWave

Point is, stand behind your players when they are at their lowest.

In conclusion, this thread is one of the pile knee jerk threads. trash.
Why should I stand behind a player I don’t rate nor think he’s good enough? Are you OK? Go get your “top supporter” experience points somewhere else.

Maguire is average at his best and that’s my assessment of him. Making coming in this thread like Maguire led us to the treble or transformed us a la VVD or something.