Should we consider selling Pogba?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think vdB will be the final nail in his coffin here.

He's the last remnant of the godawful post-SAF transfer strategy before Ole came in.

Get rid.
You have to give Ole credit. His signings have been spot on.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
His ego is so inflated he would not dream of moving to Inter. He threw mourinho under the bus and Conte plays like Mourinho.

I would love it if he goes but i doubt Inter will be the destination.
You know, he played under Conte at Juve.

Tibs

Sometimes, things just don't work out.

You don't have to hate about it, shit happens, you deal with it, and move on. There is a world beater in there, he'll show it in the Euros, and I hope he shows it here again, or if not, wherever he moves to.

united for life

My bad. Still could not see him going to Inter though. It would have to be Juve, PSG, Barca or Real.
let him ho to madrid. Would like to see what the fans would do to him if he has 2-3 bad games there. We’ve been too nice with him

C'est Moi Cantona

I don't want him sold, espcially for the fee we'd liklely get for him now, just get him happy and playing again, then see where it goes.

united for life

I don't want him sold, espcially for the fee we'd liklely get for him now, just get him happy and playing again, then see where it goes.
get him happy? What does he want? He’s pampered at united. He’s treated like a superstar (and he’s not!). He flirts with other teams and it’s perfectly fine. We sign players to “unlock” him, he never unlocks and we keep faith in him. Get him happy? He needs to work hard to make the fans happy!

C'est Moi Cantona

get him happy? What does he want? He’s pampered at united. He’s treated like a superstar (and he’s not!). He flirts with other teams and it’s perfectly fine. We sign players to “unlock” him, he never unlocks and we keep faith in him. Get him happy? He needs to work hard to make the fans happy!
I just find it annoying that people seem so happy for him to go so easily, we fought very hard, and paid a large fee to get him back here, yet it seems some would be punching the air if we got barely half what we paid for him in the next window, and then saw no replacment come in.

Whilst he's been disappointing overall, Pogba is still asset for the club, and I am still hoping Ole can get him to perform and improve our midfield even more , even if he ultimalty eventually leaves.

AneRu

I think his time is up here. We have used him in the two positions that should suit him and he has failed to overcome his consistency, commitment and focus issues. We have a good thing going with Bruno, VDB is a capable deputy and can also play the no.8.

If we get an offer in the £50m - £60m range we should sell him and buy a DM to replace Matic. I don't know why we didnt focus on the DM position in the summer but it has to be done if this team is ever going to grow into a title challenging one.

united for life

I just find it annoying that people seem so happy for him to go so easily, we fought very hard, and paid a large fee to get him back here, yet it seems some would be punching the air if we got barely half what we paid for him in the next window, and then saw no replacment come in.

Whilst he's been disappointing overall, Pogba is still asset for the club, and I am still hoping Ole can get him to perform and improve our midfield even more , even if he ultimalty eventually leaves.
can’t see that happening really. It’s been years now with nothing special. Players like mctominay and fred have been much better than him. Even van de beek is slowly proving that he might be our solution for that position. I really struggle to see what pogba is good at. He said he can’t defend and i don’t see anything special from him when he attacks, he actually slows us down.

i understand your concern that we paid a big sum for him, but I say let’s cut our losses. I wouldn’t mind selling him for 50 million and use these funds for a RW/ST/CB

Cantonagotmehere

I think his time is up here. We have used him in the two positions that should suit him and he has failed to overcome his consistency, commitment and focus issues. We have a good thing going with Bruno, VDB is a capable deputy and can also play the no.8.

If we get an offer in the £50m - £60m range we should sell him and buy a DM to replace Matic. I don't know why we didnt focus on the DM position in the summer but it has to be done if this team is ever going to grow into a title challenging one.
This what I was texting with my mate, last night. Almost verbatim. He just does not seem to be able to put in the effort to be successful in this current United team. Get the funds ASAP and put them to good use.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

I doubt there’s anyone happy about the Pogba situation. The fact that he’s been a situation for most of his time here for one reason or another says everything.

And I find it difficult to believe there are still fans out there that can’t see that overall he is bad for the team and we now function perfectly without him.

You also say you’d like Ole to get him to perform and improve our midfield? Who exactly would you drop to fit Pogba back in?

Lentwood

Manchester Utd stats this season with and without Pogba in the starting XI

Starting XIPWDLGFGAPtsPPGGFpGGApG
With Pogba410351230.751.253.00
Without Pogba5410114132.62.20.80

GFpG = Goals For per Game
GApG = Goals Against per Game

In short, with Pogba we're relegation material

Without Pogba, we're title contenders

OK, small sample size...but most people on this forum don't need a weatherman to tell us it's p***ing it down, Pogba is a massive liability and I personally never want to see him in our side again

DoomSlayer

If we can get a proper mobile DM, we should part ways with Pogba.

New DM, VDB and Bruno would be a mint starting trio. With Matic, Fred and McTominay, the midfield would be set and we could focus on rebalancing the rest of the squad.

Robaldo

There's a strange feeling amongst a lot of United fans that we'd be able to get a fee of 50m plus for Pogba. No chance.

remo

He will either walk for free or we will resign him. Nobody will buy Pogba - too much money for too little return. The only hope is some kind of swap - like Verratti for Pogba (I know, not going to happen).

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Pogba is a tough one.

Are we happy to have him just for those rare moments of sublime brilliance? Because consistency and Pogba are oxymorons at the moment.

TheLord

The problem now is that his stocks have fallen so low, and the “baggage” has become so immense, there will be no club willing to gamble on him - very few anyway.
And I don’t know if we are willing to take a 40/50 million hit on him? His valuation was well over 90m only two seasons back. What is he worth now? 40m? May be even less considering his insane wages and that he will be 28-year-old in three months time.

Worse still, his contract ends in the summer of 2022. Renewing it sounds crazy, letting him run down his contract is crazier still. United is in a lose-lose situation, to be honest.

Okey

I suppose the ideal situation is he hits some banging form for the last weeks of the season and goes on to have a good Euros. And big clubs will get seduced again and blame the dip on injury, Covid, Ole, etc. We take their money and move on from him, cos we really need to. Indeed you could argue we have already.

Djemba-Djemba

Pogba is a tough one.

Are we happy to have him just for those rare moments of sublime brilliance? Because consistency and Pogba are oxymorons at the moment.
No.

Not with the wages he's on and the baggage that comes with him.

Especially when those moments of brilliance are becoming rarer and rarer as time goes on.

Red_toad

His ego is so inflated he would not dream of moving to Inter. He threw mourinho under the bus and Conte plays like Mourinho.

I would love it if he goes but i doubt Inter will be the destination.
Played for Conte at Juve for about 2 years and performed exceptionally well for him, so what would that have to do with Jose?

Threesus

Instagram
Haircuts
Dabbing
Dilly dallying

Sell.
I don't think you can criticize celebrations(that means he is contributing) and haircuts and others. For me, he has never put in a run that underlines why he should be considered the best midfielder on the planet(like a de Bruyne). But then I think we all got into our heads mistakenly that he is this Bryan Robson/ Keano type figure who can carry a team on his back. I personally thought when I watched clips and videos of his time at Juventus that he was a mix of Yaya Toure and Scholes. But after watching him closely, he is a player who puts a good team team over the top(like France) and has issues with consistency and positional awareness when playing as a central midfielder( for United).

Scott Mctominay said in a interview recently that fans don't know the real Paul Pogba. And that's true. Fans don't know what goes in the dressing room and in training. Fans can only judge by what goes on the pitch. And especially this past year or so, Pogba has suffered due to regular injuries and not being able to put in a consistent run of good games together. And when things are not going well, everything, whether rightly or wrongly, comes into question. We have seen it with De Gea. People in his performance thread are making it sound like he is Joe Hart.

In the end, this marriage between Man Utd and Pogba has just not worked out as well as we hoped it would. Hopefully we can all see a resolution to this in the summer.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
I don't think you can criticize celebrations(that means he is contributing) and haircuts and others. For me, he has never put in a run that underlines why he should be considered the best midfielder on the planet(like a de Bruyne). But then I think we all got into our heads mistakenly that he is this Bryan Robson/ Keano type figure who can carry a team on his back. I personally thought when I watched clips and videos of his time at Juventus that he was a mix of Yaya Toure and Scholes. But after watching him closely, he is a player who puts a good team team over the top(like France) and has issues with consistency and positional awareness when playing as a central midfielder( for United).

Scott Mctominay said in a interview recently that fans don't know the real Paul Pogba. And that's true. Fans don't know what goes in the dressing room and in training. Fans can only judge by what goes on the pitch. And especially this past year or so, Pogba has suffered due to regular injuries and not being able to put in a consistent run of good games together. And when things are not going well, everything, whether rightly or wrongly, comes into question. We have seen it with De Gea. People in his performance thread are making it sound like he is Joe Hart.

In the end, this marriage between Man Utd and Pogba has just not worked out as well as we hoped it would. Hopefully we can all see a resolution to this in the summer.
Not just that my friend. his agent and him having a go at the club, his body language on the pitch. His flirtations with other club, his seeming lack of self awareness, not taking responsibility, his insta posts, his well timed silences after shit stirring by him and his agents. None of those makes him very likeable.
This is a fanbase that has deep loyalty even for aging past it players. Despite being home grown many fans aren't connected to him at all. Thats something. He gotta go.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The problem Is that Pogba regaining good form isnt suddenly going to make clubs pay 80-90 million pounds for the guy.

We are not getting our money back on him.

He wasnt worth the price we payed Juventus for in the first place and no club came close on that price except us as far as I remember.

I say just cut the losses. Try see if we can fool a club like PSG or Madrid to pay 55-65 on him after a good match for France or United - worse come to worse, put him off at 45 to other clubs if it doesnt work.

Shit happens. The longer it stays the harder it gets.

Marcus

I suppose the ideal situation is he hits some banging form for the last weeks of the season and goes on to have a good Euros. And big clubs will get seduced again and blame the dip on injury, Covid, Ole, etc. We take their money and move on from him, cos we really need to. Indeed you could argue we have already.
I think Ole was trying to play him into that sort of form but he was not even close to that.

Plymouth Red

Through his transfer fee and the general hype that has surrounded him, including what has been generated here, he's become the biggest character in the dressing room. As such, he's probably also become the key role model for some of our younger players. I put Lingard, Martial and Greenwood in this group.
The problem this gives us is that he's not a good role model and by now he may even be having a negative effect.
Selling him removes this risk and allows players like Bruno and VDB to become the focal point for emerging players.

Strelok

I think Ole was trying to play him into that sort of form but he was not even close to that.
It will cost him his job if he'd try anymore. I think Ole has learnt the lesson the hard way. That should be more than enough.

His recent injury situation seems very similar with Herrera before his departure. Rumours say he wouldn't renew his contract so we gotta sell asap. I hope it's the case and he's gone by Jan. Regardless of the fee. Then we can use that money and salary to buy or loan a proper RW if Diallo turns out too raw.

tjb

I'm sorry but we can still fetch 50m for a world cup winning midfielder who, even though he has been inconsistent, has had a few decent performances and has a massive brand. He's only 27. People are acting like we haven't seen players like Robben, Sneijder etc leave bad situations to go to new teams. Sure he's no longer a 90m player, but I still don't think teams would be unwilling to spend at least 60m on him, especially if Partey could be bought for that sum ( given he's a more defensive player). Juve with Pirlo, Real Madrid need a new midfielder as Kroos and Modric are aging and PSG's biggest problem is their lack of quality in midfield. There is a market for a creative midfielder with good passing range, decent shooting ability, physical strength and decent dribbling. He may not suit us or the league due to his slow reactions, poor concentration and low work rate, but there are other, slower leagues that would love his contribution. Who knows, Inter might be willing to spend that money to take that next step up in Serie A.

Murray3007

dont think any club will actually pay the money for him, reckon best we could hope for would be a swap deal with players, Madrid, PSG, Barca, Inter could maybe snatch a player for one of them, Marquinos from PSG, Brozovic from inter, Bentacur from Juventus would all improve our 11,

Gabagoo

Sell Pogba to Real and use the cash to buy a cheaper right winger, and then use the rest of it on some promising youngsters for the U18s.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

We aren't Pogba FC and our aim isn't to make Pogba happy but to win major trophies.

Pogba's role now is taken by Bruno which playing much more effective than Pogba. He's been defensively & positioning suspect when he plays in Donny or Fred's role.

If the next step to complete this project is by moving on from Pogba and use whatever money we can get from his transfer fees to boost our budget for the right players that can improve us as a team then we must do it. This is no brainer decision and better than giving Pogba a higher new contract than 290k p/w. Not worth the money for backup either.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Manchester Utd stats this season with and without Pogba in the starting XI

Starting XIPWDLGFGAPtsPPGGFpGGApG
With Pogba410351230.751.253.00
Without Pogba5410114132.62.20.80

GFpG = Goals For per Game
GApG = Goals Against per Game

In short, with Pogba we're relegation material

Without Pogba, we're title contenders

OK, small sample size...but most people on this forum don't need a weatherman to tell us it's p***ing it down, Pogba is a massive liability and I personally never want to see him in our side again
Interesting stats.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Hes pretty much nailed on to have a good Euros. He can still play when we really wants to. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up player of the tournament, but he isn't going to do it here.

Ander herrera the warrior

Sell him and replace him with Ruben Neves. Ole wanted to use Pogba as a deep lying playmaker who can play excellent long passes. Unfortunately, defensively he is a liability. Ruben neves is well adept in that role and his passing are similarly very good.

KevinJoh

While Pogba is great player on his day, he is still luxury player that can work only in the team that is fully balanced where his flaws can be overturned by quality of players around, or level of competition. Pogba did good for Juventus, but Juventus had bad rivals around in the league, and in the CL he did not make an impact they wanted. In France, you are always playing with great squad around, while also against teams that are tactically not prepared enough for high pressing game. In the World Cup when teams on the higher level he was good, but not in all games. It can be up to motivation.

So, at the moment in United, as he is a luxury player question is does he deserve to play above Bruno in free flowing position? Would not say so, even when he did he never produced numbers similar to Bruno these days. If not, can we play him behind Bruno and be world class in that position? Have not seen that from him in the past on regular basis, yes from time to time. So, I would say you can find better players to play in two man midfield, behind number 10, or even in 4-3-3 midfield position.

Add to this injuries. Every October/November is the same. Pogba out for who knows how long, few weeks, or few months. Travelling around the globe in that time for whatever reasons.

Add to this his PR team, agent, brothers, making PR mess wherever and whenever they can.

Bottom line, do you think Aston Villa would take him in swap deal without money for Grealish at the moment? Not many teams would take him and he would not improve them which is the reason why they would not take him.

Unfortunately, I don't see we can sell him easily. He is 18 months away of leaving for free and taking all the money to his and agent pockets. To me it looks like money is all he and his team are looking at, so I think he will not leave the club until he is free to go. He will try to blackmail club to get new big deal to stay, while Glazers won't allow for him to leave for free and will sign whatever crazy deal he wants that will distract dressing room. I can't see positive solution for us in that case. At the moment, looks to me that he should be deployed as good sub, especially when there is enough space on the pitch, when we are goal or two up, to rest Bruno, or someone in the midfield. And that is it for next period.