Should we consider selling Pogba?

RooneyLegend

Well I can give you Zlatan as a target man who scored 27 goals for Mourinho in 2016-17, but that’s it. Maybe that vindicates Pogba even more and is why he shouldn’t be sold, as he is far from the only one who hasn’t fit in. As Neville said, poor recruitment is our biggest non-boardroom problem. We don’t buy players for a particular tactic or reason, we buy them at Woodward and the manager’s whims and fancies before that twat and Judge loses faith in the manager and stops supporting him. It’s ridiculous.
Exactly. These players don't fit together and they aren't exactly playing with a coherent strategy in place. We haven't managed to find anyone who has a clear plan to implement. So how are we supposed find players to fit in together and consistently perform? Not a slinger prosperous big club has had only one consistent outfield player for one season in a 7 year period. It just doesn't work like that.

RashyForPM

Exactly. These players don't fit together and they aren't exactly playing with a coherent strategy in place. We haven't managed to find anyone who has a clear plan to implement. So how are we supposed find players to fit in together and consistently perform? Not a slinger prosperous big club has had only one consistent outfield player for one season in a 7 year period. It just doesn't work like that.
Yep, you can’t win anything big without a defined system, and we won’t until Woodward and Judge themselves go unless people like Rashford and Greenwood suddenly morph into Messi and Ronaldo, where they don’t need the backing of a cohesive system and teammates with good chemistry.

Son

Pogba is still an incredible player on his day and he was pretty great when he came back to full fitness at the end of last season.

The team and especially Pogba doesn’t even look fit yet. One thing I’ve got to say is with teams like Liverpool signing real playmakers like Thiago we are going to be left behind in any ability to control the tempo of a match. We have no player who can do that apart from ‘possibly’ Van De Beek.

We need to add another body to the midfield maybe as some have said. It’s gonna be very very hard to fine tune this squad right now. We need someone who can comfortably take the pressure off our wingbacks by offering the option of a simple pass at all times. So many attacks break down around the half way line atm.

We will be relying on our attackers to overachieve this year to really get anything decent out of it trophy wise as chances won’t be free flowing with our jumbled midfield and poor wingbacks.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Pogba is still an incredible player on his day and he was pretty great when he came back to full fitness at the end of last season.
Did you even watch us?

He played well in about 2 games. The last 5 or 6 games he was costing us pts giving Danny Ings the ball on the edge of our box and giving away penalties too.

Pogba scored 1 goal in 24 apps last season. Yes his season was disrupted by injury but the point still stands. He was poor when he did play mostly.

Don't get the obsession with him. We wouldn't even miss him that badly if he left. Fred actually played well on his absence too. Our midfield didn't look any better than it did prior to his return. It was Bruno that lifted the team not Pogba.

Murray3007

So he will leave on a free then ?
well it depends, he might be stuck in a de gea situation and need to sign another contract here as no one else will be offering him the crazy wages we would, that's why I would be looking about to see what players we can do in a swap deal who would suit the club better.

RedAlert27

Pogba is incredible on his day, the problem is those days are rare. The amount of times he loses possession is frustrating, I'd sell.him in an heartbeat and bring in an all rounded midfielder who can do a bit of everything well and a more reliable consistent performer. He's too unreliable to play in midfield unless he's a CAM with no defending responsibility. The odd long world class assist from deep isn't enough only now and then and nothing else in-between.

Reactions: Sultan

pre Munich Red

Pogba ‘on his day’ shows class etc.?
Perhaps, but those days are far too few for Utd, he is not earning his ‘corn’.
Offload asap.

forevrared

Awful, awful player. Rarely interested and even then he's lazy as all feck. Sell him off to PSG for whatever we can get.

The Real Treble 99

For a so call “world class” player he’s absolute garbage. IMO we never got anything from him which reflected the price we paid. Very disappointing as I thought he’d rise up & be a top level player. Sadly we won’t get anything near what we paid.

NinjaFletch

Should have left two years ago, unfortunately I think we're going to be having the same arguments about him in 4 years time.

Terrible transfer.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Terribly overrated player with a very weird cult following.

-Supreme-

I have no doubt Woodward will give him a new contract this season with his current one runs out in 2022, he will most probably be earning in line with DDG at around 370k a week.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Jose called it and everyone slated him, I’ve never liked Pogba he’s the biggest fraud in football.

Ricardo de la Vega

He's being played out of position, but yeah he should be sold. He should have been sold last year. He's not committed to the club and doesn't want to be the leader who turns it round. The problem is that he's not exactly looking good in the shop window. We'll get below market value for him after paying substantially over it. Nevertheless he's a depreciating asset who should be sold sooner rather than later.
Players I would be shopping if I'm Woodward;
De Gea,
Rojo,
Jones,
Maguire,
Bailly,
Mata,
Matic,
Lingaard,

Martial is on the bubble.

Get what you can from that dross.

GMoore23

Did you even watch us?

He played well in about 2 games. The last 5 or 6 games he was costing us pts giving Danny Ings the ball on the edge of our box and giving away penalties too.

Pogba scored 1 goal in 24 apps last season. Yes his season was disrupted by injury but the point still stands. He was poor when he did play mostly.

Don't get the obsession with him. We wouldn't even miss him that badly if he left. Fred actually played well on his absence too. Our midfield didn't look any better than it did prior to his return. It was Bruno that lifted the team not Pogba.
Exactly. As Jose said, he's a virus. Our downhill spiral began with him returning to the first team.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I don't know why Pogba's getting a slating.

He's clearly not fit yet it's Ole choosing to play him. Fred should've started over him, and he should've come off instead of Bruno who at least works hard.

Apparently, we bought Donny to compete with Pogba and Bruno but he wasn't brought on to replace him. That's on Ole.

Jericholyte2

Wouldn’t be able to sell him, wonder how likely it is a pre-contract is agreed with Real in January?

Jibbs

I have said it like a dozen times... will say it again. We will never win anything substantial with Pogba in the team. One of the reasons of the rot.

He's clearly not fit yet it's Ole choosing to play him. Fred should've started over him, and he should've come off instead of Bruno who at least works hard.

Apparently, we bought Donny to compete with Pogba and Bruno but he wasn't brought on to replace him. That's on Ole.
Well said

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

How about looking at his performances overall since he re-signed with the club?

That is worth a slating in many people's minds.

Kaos

Just sell him in January to Madrid/JUVE/PSG/Whoever will take him.

Clearly not suited for us and we clearly need the funds to strengthen other ends of the pitch.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well said
Like, what was the point of signing Donny or keeping Fred if we're going to play an unfit Pogba ahead of them?

How about looking at his performances overall since he re-signed with the club?

That is worth a slating in many people's minds.
It's about today, though. We signed Donny to compete with him, but we still don't play him even when it's clear Pogba should be on the bench due to form/fitness. That's surely on Ole?

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Managers playing him like Alonso or Scholes or Pirlo just because he won a world cup. Just because he has a nice long pass doesn't mean he should play deep. I guess rooney should have played deep too because he can pass 70 yarders.

France is nothing like a club team. Play him closer to the forwards for the love of God.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Like, what was the point of signing Donny or keeping Fred if we're going to play an unfit Pogba ahead of them?

It's about today, though. We signed Donny to compete with him, but we still don't play him even when it's clear Pogba should be on the bench due to form/fitness. That's surely on Ole?
No he's not looked like the player he was supposed to be overall at all - today is just the latest example.

Robaldo

The question for years has been whether he’s world class or not, but the question should be revised to is he even remotely good?

Easy target for sure, and I know some others have been as bad today, but they also don’t carry around his reputation, fee, wages, etc.

Comes up with the odd good trick but don’t think he’s ever been helpful points-wise.

GMoore23

I'd offer him to Real and Juve, loan with obligation to buy. Just get him out of here FFS. The guy has no determination.

A9X SJ

He is utter Pish always has been he was surrounded by better players at Juventus (Pirlo) etc. France squad is also full of talent.

We are currently dross though he thinks he’s better than what he’s is very lacklustre in what he does gives the ball away far to often doesn’t track back you could go on get him sold.....!

Just a big distraction. Sell him while there are still mugs out there that believe him to be a world class player, for which he simply hasn't got the consistency.

Fernandes is a better player than him, so we'll never use Pogba's attacking talents and otherwise he's a liability.

Can7onA

You would think he would have the bollocks to put in a performance against a Jose team but not no, nothing.

feck him off.