Should we consider selling Pogba?

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Yep, he has been a flop. Cash in on him while we can.
This.

I actually can't stand watching him anymore. He gives the ball away deep into our own half more than once a game trying to do some fancy turn and he routinely pulls out of 50/50s. His quality is irrelevant when he just doesn't care and I'm even question his supposed world class quality at this point.

I'd take 60m for him.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
If he doesn’t sign a contract within the next couple of months, I’d sell him. He’s a great player but we play him out of position & he has never had a long sustained period of good form. Might as well cash in
This, we are in trouble, I think it will be a choice of either A) Sell him off on the cheap or B) Renew his contract with extortionate wages - Neither of which reflect positively on us.

zenith

I like him but he's somehow not fitting in too well with the team or rather we are a better functioning team with lesser players compared to pogba in it.

It'll make sense to cash in on him and bring in an accomplished DM and a RW

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This, we are in trouble, I think it will be a choice of either A) Sell him off on the cheap or B) Renew his contract with extortionate wages - Neither of which reflect positively on us.
If we give him a pay rise then we need to play him as a centre mid, he is not a DM. I don’t know how every body in the world other than Ole can see this. It’s not like Bruno can’t play CM. Just play him & Pogba as 8s & Matic or Fred behind them. It’s not hard. Ole makes things harder for himself by refusing to shift from the 2 DMs.

el3mel

Never have I seen a player whose position on the pitch is big of a headache as Pogba. He needs to play in a very specific position, with very specific teammates and very specific instructions to produce and even then he won't be as consistent.

Why all this just for one player who's not really as influential ? With this he just unbalances the team.

Tel074

For me Pogba offers very little to nothing to this team. He can't play the role Ole gives him and I'd be as happy selling him as I would be buying Sancho

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
If we give him a pay rise then we need to play him as a centre mid, he is not a DM. I don’t know how every body in the world other than Ole can see this. It’s not like Bruno can’t play CM. Just play him & Pogba as 8s & Matic or Fred behind them. It’s not hard. Ole makes things harder for himself by refusing to shift from the 2 DMs.
I couldn't agree more, I think his reluctance to play with two deep midfielders stems from not being able to trust this defence and wants to give them extra protection, it's not working... I'm a fan of the diamond but even 4-1-4-1 would be a step forward, Pogba and Bruno in front of Fred/ Matic..

Clermontois

Supports
France
What fee would we get for him? £50-60 million?
Start by doubling that and you may have a start, stress on may.

Would be good to see him play for Real Madrid though, at least he will get to play as a LCM over there and not forced into a DM role because he is big or black.

Devil may care

Some people ridiculously underrate him and the same on the flipside, I've defended him more often than not but he's at an age where the inconsistency is no longer acceptable and he just doesn't work in a double pivot because he just doesn't have the discipline for it. Personally I'd be looking to move him and Matic on as we need mobility from the double pivot to protect the back 4 imo.

Dudu

Quotes posted on last page, but more digestible in Tweets:
Ironic to spout all that United talk, and end with his dream to play for Madrid.. :rolleyes:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
What fee would we get for him? £50-60 million?
?? With 1 year left on his contract (or is it 2?)?
Seriously if he goes to Juventus with 1 year left we will be lucky to get 25 mil £ + 5 mil £ in bonus and I am not joking.
If he goes to PSG we might get a bit more.

Betson

He is a good player who might thrive elsewhere , but I think it has come to the stage here where it would be best for all parties if we sold him for a hefty fee , he can start afresh in a new club and we could use the money to buy a more suitable and consistent player.

That is the ideal scenario , but covid has wrecked a lot of plans , and the clubs that up to now who were interested and could afford him and now struggling financially and he is not seen as a necessity by any club but as a luxury player.

So we have to make the best of him staying here and try and get some consistency out of him , but Ole should not be afraid to make the big calls too if he needs to be benched.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Catch-22

If we want to sell, he’ll need to play well in order to attract interest and ramp up his value.

But if he plays well, people won’t want to sell him.

It‘s a quandary I tell yer!
I don't think so. He's never going to play consistently well for us but maybe managers with a little bit of imagination (Zidane?) might think he'd be a lot better suited to a team like Madrid than he is to us and would take a punt on him anyway.

K_Ash

He will be sold and be brilliant at Madrid. No point keeping a player who doesn't want to play for you.
outside of 'Barca players', All players dream to play for Real Madrid. All of them. That doesnt mean they wont give their all for their current team.

DanClancy

Would be good to see him play for Real Madrid though, at least he will get to play as a LCM over there and not forced into a DM role because he is big or black.
One year left on his contract next summer, we'll be lucky to get £50m for him.

starman

No idea how this guy keeps getting away with constant race related posts.

Stretender

outside of 'Barca players', All players dream to play for Real Madrid. All of them. That doesnt mean they wont give their all for their current team.
Rubbish. Who told you all players dream to play for Madrid?

How can you make a general statement of opinion like that and present it as fact? Don't say outlandish things like that without any evidence backing it up.

I never heard Steven Gerrard, Aguero, De Bruyne, Harry Kane, Rooney, Rashford, Greenwood say they dream about Madrid.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Ultimate stupidity, in written format.
The only display of 'stupidity' is the title of this thread, only one steeped in the dark arts of 'ultimate stupidity' would have bothered to create such nonsense.

No idea how this guy keeps getting away with constant race related posts.
It is not a crime to talk about race in life unless you are prejudiced.

How can you make a general statement of opinion like that and present it as fact? Don't say outlandish things like that without any evidence backing it up.

I never heard Steven Gerrard, Aguero, De Bruyne, Harry Kane, Rooney, Rashford, Greenwood say the dream about Madrid.
Although of course you can’t prove otherwise, without having spoken to all those players!

A lot of players will grow up and dream of playing for Juventus, Bayern, Barca, Madrid, United (no jokes).

I think there are certain teams that when you are growing up you would love to play for. Especially if you come from France, where there are less prestigious teams.

I have no particular issue in what Pogba said, it’s not like he said he want to go there now.

It’s quite a selective group of players you have chosen, mostly clubs legends, and one who played for Athletico!

If you asked KDB candidly, would he like to go and play for Madrid, I bet he would say yes.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Pogba has survived what, 3 managers at United?

My saying he needs to go isn't going to make a bit of difference. The toxic structure of the club which has increasingly gotten worse through the years with the Glazer family in charge isn't going to change anytime soon. That being said, I can't wait for Pogba to go. I hope he goes in the winter transfer window.

K_Ash

I never heard Steven Gerrard, Aguero, De Bruyne, Harry Kane, Rooney, Rashford, Greenwood say they dream about Madrid.
And of course, it is always a bit different for 'local boys' like Rashy and Mason. (even a Stevie G)
But you must have followed football long enough to know that Real Madrid is every player's dream. It is just different. there is reason why CR7 went there. They had the Galacticos for a reason. all those CL wins. The most legendary club. GGMU!!!

clarkydaz

Pogba has survived what, 3 managers at United?

My saying he needs to go isn't going to make a bit of difference. The toxic structure of the club which has increasingly gotten worse through the years with the Glazer family in charge isn't going to change anytime soon. That being said, I can't wait for Pogba to go. I hope he goes in the winter transfer window.
Jose and Ole. We know he'd like to go but stirring it all up again now with all this heat on the club and Ole is poor

Roane

Selling Pogba doesn't resolve our issues, especially if any money made doesn't buy what we need.

Bruno was a great signing as it turned out and dvb looks yo be decent too, however surely a partner for matic would have been the priority because arguably we have the Bruno player in Pogba

I still don't get why Pogba plays next to matic. Why not try Bruno there moving Pogba forward and see what happens. Would Bruno get the same criticism if he fails?

el3mel

Selling Pogba doesn't resolve our issues, especially if any money made doesn't buy what we need.

Bruno was a great signing as it turned out and dvb looks yo be decent too, however surely a partner for matic would have been the priority because arguably we have the Bruno player in Pogba

I still don't get why Pogba plays next to matic. Why not try Bruno there moving Pogba forward and see what happens. Would Bruno get the same criticism if he fails?
Because Bruno plays well behind the forward and has been our best player since he signed regarding output, so changing his position just to accommodate Pogba doesn't make sense, and we don't even know Pogba will be that good playing behind the forward. I thought for years his best position was on the left side of 4-3-3 and not behind the forward ? It's like the opinion about his "best position" keeps changing as years go on.

Plus, selling Pogba might actually help us fun Sancho deal next summer. Matic, VDB, Bruno, Sancho, Martial, Rashford, this this will be overall a more balanced lineup.

Roane

Because Bruno plays well behind the forward and has been our best player since he signed regarding output, so changing his position just to accommodate Pogba doesn't make sense, and we don't even know Pogba will be that good playing behind the forward. I thought for years his best position was on the left side of 4-3-3 and not behind the forward ? It's like the opinion about his "best position" keeps changing as years go on.

Plus, selling Pogba might actually help us fun Sancho deal next summer. Matic, VDB, Bruno, Sancho, Martial, Rashford, this this will be overall a more balanced lineup.
You get my point though? Bruno plays in a position he is comfortable and performs which you would expect.

Pogba at Juve gives us insight into how to get the best out of him and his start for us wasn't too bad either

I think there can be variables that affect players so Bruno doesn't have say Zlatan in then team so is on penalty duty etc if you see what I mean.

I'm not against selling Pogba. As much for him as the club tbh

What worries me is what we do if we do sell him. Nothing shows me we are learning and signing dvb is an example of signing a decent player which isn't a priority

As for Sancho, I'm of the opinion that Ed messing about was terrible but (and I expect some to slate me here) £108m for him should have been laughed at and quashed immediately. Too much of a gamble for me and not worth that imho

Foxbatt

And of course, it is always a bit different for 'local boys' like Rashy and Mason. (even a Stevie G)
But you must have followed football long enough to know that Real Madrid is every player's dream. It is just different. there is reason why CR7 went there. They had the Galacticos for a reason. all those CL wins. The most legendary club. GGMU!!!
This is a windup surely. Not everyone dreams of playing for Real Madrid. Plenty of players dream of playing for big other big clubs. Bayern is a huge club and so is Juve, Barca and up to end of SAF, United too.

Cheekiey

Saul is what Mourinho & Ole expect Pogba to become but in reality not the case. He’s perfect for United midfield and probably best candidate to replace Pogba. Unfortunately, I’ll find it hard to believe for Atl Madrid to sell Saúl easily when they were the one who gave him that 9 years contract. Surely it’s because they think of him as long term player who won’t leave the club and the player himself love to be in the club.
Yeah, I’m sure they’ll try everything to keep him, doesn’t he have a release clause? If so I can see Ole or Poch/whoever will be in charge push to get him if Pogba is sold which is looking likely.

cyberman

That was a polite answer. I think its so glaringly obvious with how he described Utd and a contract renewal that Im shocked sone people cant see it.

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Jose and Ole. We know he'd like to go but stirring it all up again now with all this heat on the club and Ole is poor
Personally I wanted Pogba out since that day he walked onto the pitch with Man City colors dyed into his hair at OT a couple years back. I sure he thought it was funny, but that was a deal breaker for me.

I've been backing Ole all the way up until yesterday... I finally agree that he's in a bad spot that I hope he can get away from asap.
I'll probably post about it in an Ole thread, once my feelings on this settle.

dev1l

That was a polite answer. I think its so glaringly obvious with how he described Utd and a contract renewal that Im shocked sone people cant see it.
Now it s straight from the horse mouth. But it in past couple of years the statements made by his agent and his brother were obvious to anyone with more than 3 brain cells.
If his heart is elsewhere it makes no sense keeping him here.