Should we consider selling Pogba?

Cman

He’s overrated, and under committed. Recent performances and these latest comments show that. I hope Ole now grows some balls and drops him of the back of his comments.
Biggest issue for me will be trying to recoup the money we paid for him.
If I’m Real Madrid I’d be taking a good look at Camavinga before Pogba.

Red_Orchestra

It would be a dream for me to see Pogba in a Real Madrid jersey.

We're actually better off playing either 2 of VDB, Fred or McTominay week in and week out.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The problem aren't his words but the timing of it (Every of our player should say nothing about Manchester United until the match against Newcastle is over).
He really does come across as being pretty thick, for this reason. He always picks the worst time to do things, like filming himself laughing in the stands whilst a lower league team beats us. Or dying his hair sky blue for the game against City. Either that or he's just straight up trolling us.

I feel like it's his intelligence on the pitch which holds him back, so it's quite likely that he's just not that clever in general.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
As if Real Madrid would sign this guy. Laughable but shows how Paul views himself. If we manage to recover 50m for this guy at some stage that would be an amazing result. He should be “ozil-ed” for now.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
He really does come across as being pretty thick, for this reason. He always picks the worst time to do things, like filming himself laughing in the stands whilst a lower league team beats us. Or dying his hair sky blue for the game against City. Either that or he's just straight up trolling us.

I feel like it's his intelligence on the pitch which holds him back, so it's quite likely that he's just not that clever in general.
To be honest i only think Fernandes, Mata, Matic & Greenwood are really "football smart" and that is one of our biggest problems.

Mainoldo

You mean against relegation fodder. Brighton, Villa and Bournemouth.. Sheffield United have been hit and miss since restart.
Before lockdown when it was Fred Matic and Bruno we were 10 games unbeaten and were beating City and Chelsea.
Oh I miss those classic counter attacking games!! Bring Back Ole ball. Well with our current form I’m sure it will be back trying to save his job for the third time.

Yakuza_devils

Real Madrid only want him on the cheap. They refused to pay world record transfer for Pogba when he was at Juventus.They also refused to pay our asking price for Pogba.

Unfortunately, they are right and we are idiots to pay world records fees for this player whose dream is playing for RM and perform below par season after season for us.

starman

Oh I miss those classic counter attacking games!! Bring Back Ole ball. Well with our current form I’m sure it will be back trying to save his job for the third time.
As opposed to Pogball, where a overrated player gets picked on reputation but is clearly a weaklink and his fanboys defend him no matter what..

Heinzesight

I’m glad he’s come out with this now. The timing just sums this guy up. He normally comes out (or his agent) with his ‘come and get me pleas’ during a transfer window. Now it’s shut, it’s clear to me he wants Woowar to shit himself and give him a new contract. Pogba knows that no fecker is buying him and he’s trying to get the club to panic and sign him up again. feck that. Let the prick go on a free. I am praying the club realise this and don’t give in. Take the hit. Promote someone else, any other fecker but don’t play this arsehole. Waste of a shirt and a transparent bastard with the the latest quotes.

Every game he starts pains me...how can he play based on this recent form? And when I say ‘form’ I mean his whole time here. One good 45 minutes at City away. Given a chance in every position but showed us he is just average but creates social clicks. If he does have to play during his last years of his contract then for me he’s just an impact sub at best (and that’s being kind) which may have some use against tired legs but that is it. But I’d prefer him to sit in the stands or back at his PogHouse.

Love Ole but selecting this twerp week in week out makes me seriously question his judgement.

Hopefully the club see his comments for what they are which is basically trying to get a new contract as he knows no top club would want or need him so he needs his last top contract. Don’t give in Chinless.

It’s a relief to see the tide has turned on this helmet, he’s lost even his hardest or hardcore fan boys.

MattyB1986

To be honest i only think Fernandes, Mata, Matic & Greenwood are really "football smart" and that is one of our biggest problems.
I think VdB has a good footballing brain as well, but see if he can do it in the EPL - Not seen much of him here, but I like the look of him.

r0663664

Worships Man City
He is definitely issuing a come get me message to Real. I sincerely hope Real offer good money for him and we can fund 2 good players for next week. I think he will do well in Real except again Barcelona. We can put the money for a proper DM and CB and we will challenging for the EPL. Pogba is just a luxury player to have just not suitable for the current Utd team.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid have no money and even selling a lot next summer they will surely use it for other players.

Foxbatt

Yes we should sell him because anyone else who will put in a shift is going to be better for the team.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I’m glad he’s come out with this now. The timing just sums this guy up. He normally comes out (or his agent) with his ‘come and get me pleas’ during a transfer window. Now it’s shut, it’s clear to me he wants Woowar to shit himself and give him a new contract. Pogba knows that no fecker is buying him and he’s trying to get the club to panic and sign him up again. feck that. Let the prick go on a free. I am praying the club realise this and don’t give in. Take the hit. Promote someone else, any other fecker but don’t play this arsehole. Waste of a shirt and a transparent bastard with the the latest quotes.

Every game he starts pains me...how can he play based on this recent form? And when I say ‘form’ I mean his whole time here. One good 45 minutes at City away. Given a chance in every position but showed us he is just average but creates social clicks. If he does have to play during his last years of his contract then for me he’s just an impact sub at best (and that’s being kind) which may have some use against tired legs but that is it. But I’d prefer him to sit in the stands or back at his PogHouse.

Love Ole but selecting this twerp week in week out makes me seriously question his judgement.

Hopefully the club see his comments for what they are which is basically trying to get a new contract as he knows no top club would want or need him so he needs his last top contract. Don’t give in Chinless.

It’s a relief to see the tide has turned on this helmet, he’s lost even his hardest or hardcore fan boys.
Totally agree. In my opinion he has the ability but not the commitment to be a top player. It sickens me to think of the fee we paid for him and the wages he's on. He can sod off.

Eddy_JukeZ

Not in my view. The 3-4 matches after the Spurs game was the only football I thought we played like a big club. Featuring Pogba, Bruno and Matic. The only one who wasn't at the level was Rashford. Then it quickly went sour when everyone was run into the ground.
Yeah, people shouldn't rewrite history.

I'm open to selling Pogba(and would sell him for a good fee), but the idea that the midfield looked better without him last season isn't true.

That run of 4 consecutive wins by 3+ goals was easily the best we looked all of last season.

Marcus

I think we should let the team click and see how he performs. He is a defensive liability but a great asset offensively. Ole said we need 5 games to gel. I am holding him to that. After the next game, no excuses.

kerryman

We showed last season that we don't need him. He's way over-rated. His performances over the past 4 seasons wouldn't justify any club paying more than 50 million for him. I'd be amazed if anyone offered more than that.
Bruno cost about half of what Pogba did and has had a far greater impact since he arrived.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ya feck him. I was a fan but I’m done with him. He’s been terrible or injured for well over a year now. Let him go if you get good money for him. He’ll be class at Madrid no doubt but his lack of effort in our shirt and those quotes? Off with you!

it’s a total contract negotiation though. Hurry up and offer me a deal so I can spend as much time as possible getting it raised to mental figures for what he actually offers. I don’t want this guy to be the highest paid player at our club anymore. He’s the definition of a luxury player and he doesn’t lead by example on the pitch.

Foxbatt

Look at his lack of effort. When he has to defend he just jogs back. Bruno who plays much further forward is able to sprint back and tackle in our own box while Pogba is strolling back. He is a huge problem in our midfield.

Blood Mage

As if Real Madrid would sign this guy. Laughable but shows how Paul views himself. If we manage to recover 50m for this guy at some stage that would be an amazing result. He should be “ozil-ed” for now.
Good comparison actually yeah, he is definitely our Ozil. I think someone would pay £50m for him, probably not Madrid though you're right. I'm thinking PSG or maybe Juve if they manage to make some money through player sales.

tjb

Initially when I saw VDB, I thought he would be good as more of an attacker. I now think as an attacker his game may be a bit too limited to finding spaces, but as a central midfielder he can still offer that from deeper when we are attacking, but also provide a decent passing option ( since he has a great first touch) and use his work rate. Essentially he would give us the hassling and harrying Herrera gave us, but with far more attacking output and better passing. Pogba is better than he is for now, but in the Premier League, where the second ball is king, VDB may be more valuable.

Dante

Average bang
Real Madrid only want him on the cheap. They refused to pay world record transfer for Pogba when he was at Juventus.They also refused to pay our asking price for Pogba.

Unfortunately, they are right and we are idiots to pay world records fees for this player whose dream is playing for RM and perform below par season after season for us.
Real Madrid will buy anyone who has a good European Championship. Their fans are going to demand it.

I'm hoping for a Pogba masterclass during the tournament. It'll make the inevitable transfer feel painful for United fans; but in the long run, all three parties will feel the benefit.

tjb

Yeah, people shouldn't rewrite history.

I'm open to selling Pogba(and would sell him for a good fee), but the idea that the midfield looked better without him last season isn't true.

That run of 4 consecutive wins by 3+ goals was easily the best we looked all of last season.
I agree with you, but I also feel that we could put VDB there and play just as well as we did after the lockdown. I feel a lot of cheaper midfielders could replicate him

hungrywing

Big dick Ed probably doesn't realize the bolded part is one of the biggest big dick moves he could pull.

It'd be glorious if he did it though. "It's a pity of course, and a bit of a learning experience for me - I hope I've learned to recognize players like him in the future. I made a mistake signing Paul and an even bigger mistake giving him such high wages. At this club we only want players who will give their all for the fans and for everyone who's come through the club before them. And more importantly, we want players who want to come and play with others like themselves, who inspire through their passion and sacrifice and who look to walk off the pitch after every game with their heads held high, clapping the fans who do likewise in their daily lives and come to support the club on their days off."

Insert Raiola shocked face. Also the entire footballing world realizing, 'Holy fecking shitballs he grew a pair; we can't just have our way with him now.'

Pogba cannot walk back into the team after a saying that about madrid. Imagine Fergie if a player did that.

Ole needs to show who's boss
Exactly. It's actually a huge opportunity for Ole and Woodward. You almost can't emphasize how much.

(What Raiogba have tried here is kind of hilarious if you're into this sort of thing)

Raiola/Pogba have tried a 'power move'. All Ole and Woodward have to do is respond in kind. It's almost not funny how simple it is for them.

Trouble is, Pogba was a Woodward signing. It's going to be very very hard for him to do the right thing.

Still, stranger things have happened.

EDIT: Unfortunately, Woodward can't undo ALL the damage he's done to himself in one fell swoop; but it'd be pretty big.

Last edited:

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
No feck that. He’s world class just needs a string of games

MattyB1986

I haven't included any of our new signings ;)
But yeah Van de Beek and also Cavani looked fine at their previous clubs.
I agreed with the gist of your post, my friend. It's something we have lacked, and something Jose and LvG (if memory serves right?) said we lack players with footballing IQ? That's why I included him in the reply, I feel Bruno and Van de Beek are good steps forward in this regard. And hopefully, Cavani can have an influence on our younger forwards. xD

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I've gone from believing we should demand a monster around 150 million fee for him, to accepting even 50 million at this stage (albiet a Corona market). I'm extremely worried about us giving him a huge contract after he has another run of decent form only to regret it for years. As good a player as he is, he doesn't have the mentality and tactical acumen that we desperately need. If we can I think we should sell him to a club like PSG even for 50 million. It's better than him being a misfit at this club. He'll suit the likes of PSG much more where he can shine.

Icemav

We're actually better off playing either 2 of VDB, Fred or McTominay week in and week out.
We are in a bind mate. There was a moment to be decisive. That moment has passed.

Danny_

The Albert Einstein of Economics
Sell him to who? The only teams stupid enough to buy him and pay a big fee are Barca and Real and they are both fecked right now.

Gazza

Nah if anything I think the opposite. Raiola does the choreography, Pogba does what Mino tells him to do I’d bet

kiristao

Nah if anything I think the opposite. Raiola does the choreography, Pogba does what Mino tells him to do I’d bet
If that is true, then he is rather thick. If he can't see that trolling fans of the club he supports or showing lack of respect/concern when losing is not the right thing to do just because his agent tells him to, then he is thick isn't it?

edcunited1878

Every United player should be under consideration of being sold. Not just Pogba or some current players, but even past players had that mentality that if they didn't perform well and perform for the team, then not only could they be dropped but they could be binned off.

No one player is bigger than the team...unless you're Messi. Pogba can leave and the club will still be there. Hopefully the club reinvests the money into a good player who is more well-rounded and more consistent and more reliable.

I'd be totally fine if United sold Pogba, but seriously have to reinvest that money smartly throughout the first team. United survived without Pogba for parts of last season, but really kicked on once they had balance in central midfield with a trio of players such as Matic, Fred, and Bruno. Liverpool with Hollywood Ball Gerard never won the league and 'only' cup competitions, which is a crapshoot for all teams involved. It's better to have functional players who work well together rather than one player who is really great, but isn't consistently really great and is a question mark when really great isn't coming off.

MattyB1986

I'm not sure if it's just me but some of our best runs have been when Pogba's been injured. I love Pogba but it's clear we got mugged off with price, or just here trolling us? haha