Should we consider selling Pogba?

Champagne Football

Jose was right it this. He should have been sold then and there.
Jose spent 400 million and not a single one of his signings was a bona fide success. Matic and Lukaku were half decent.
So giving Jose an open cheque-book at Utd has been one of the biggest disasters ever. Jose always insisted on playing Pogba in a midfield 2 also even though he was always a disaster there.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I would feel quite content if Pogba's only motivation to perform for us this season is to get a move to Madrid.

That's where I am with him. It wouldn't bother me if that is his goal but, for it to happen, he needs to put in the consistency. If he doesn't, Madrid simply wont be interested.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can't see us getting too much for him considering we'd be looking to offload. Max 60.
Some are saying that Pogba is not that great player. So would they satisfy if United sell this not great player for 40m then?

JohnnyKills

I would feel quite content if Pogba's only motivation to perform for us this season is to get a move to Madrid.

That's where I am with him. It wouldn't bother me if that is his goal but, for it to happen, he needs to put in the consistency. If he doesn't, Madrid simply wont be interested.
Well said Drebin.

At the moment, no-one will take him unless he runs down his contract and leaves on a free - but he's still got a while before that can happen.

JohnnyKills

55/60 million i think. Might be lower though if he runs down his contract.
Yeah. My feeling is we might get 70 but that's pushing it.

Like a lot of fans, I've tried to support Pogba as he adapts to this new deeper role, but his performance against Spurs was awful. Fergie would have dropped him and put VdB in by now.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Like a lot of fans, I've tried to support Pogba as he adapts to this new deeper role, but his performance against Spurs was awful. Fergie would have dropped him and put VdB in by now.
The more shit performances he has, the more his price goes down.

After he won the WC, the price was a 120 million or thereabouts.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Who’s going to pay such money if he only has 1 year left in his contract? We could get around that if we sell him in January but that’s may be. I think it’ll be 40m-50m, 60m with adds on at highest. Hoping Real or Barcelona having poor season and forced to pay good money on Pogba for solution.

monosierra

If Real opts to spend its cash on Mbappe and Camavinga, could Juve afford to buy Pogba?

JohnnyKills

Who’s going to pay such money if he only has 1 year left in his contract? We could get around that if we sell him in January but that’s may be. I think it’ll be 40m-50m, 60m with adds on at highest. Hoping Real or Barcelona having poor season and forced to pay good money on Pogba for solution.
We've got an option for another year, which we'll almost certainly activate. So next summer will be our last chance to get big money for him.

Unfortunately, what seems most likely is that he'll just run down his contract and leave in 2022. He'll still only be 2022 then so RM, Juve or PSG can get plenty of mileage out of him.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
We've got an option for another year, which we'll almost certainly activate. So next summer will be our last chance to get big money for him.

Unfortunately, what seems most likely is that he'll just run down his contract and leave in 2022. He'll still only be 2022 then so RM, Juve or PSG can get plenty of mileage out of him.
That‘s what I meant his contract will be expired in 2022, who’s going to pay 70m for him next summer with only a year left? They can just wait another year rather than pay 70m.

JohnnyKills

That‘s what I meant his contract will be expired in 2022, who’s going to pay 70m for him next summer with only a year left? They can just wait another year rather than pay 70m.
Ah right, misunderstood! Yeah you're right, that's the most likely option.

Houdini

I have a feeling that Pogba will go for free. Maybe Fargie an Mou were right about him. And I was his fan...

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Perez has never wanted him. I suspect he goes to Juve on a free in 20 months or we manage to offload to PSG next summer.
Either way its the most disappointing United signing ever.
At least Sanchez was only here briefly, Pogba will be 5 or 6 years

wolvored

Well said Drebin.

At the moment, no-one will take him unless he runs down his contract and leaves on a free - but he's still got a while before that can happen.
40, 50 maybe 60 mill pounds or euros at a push someone would bite. Trouble is Woody/Glazers would be looking at 80 mill and if say PSG Madrid even Barca offered 50 mill they wouldnt accept it as he would think he would be losing face.

Wilt

Sell Pogba, buy Grealish

Pogba, very talented (when making an effort) but if he doesn’t want to be at Utd then it’s pointless.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
When is he out of contract?
I just read we extended his contract until summer 2022. If he doesn't start performing well this means we might be able to get a good price in January. I hope, though, that he starts playing well and consistently.

choccy77

Pogba has never justified £80m we paid for him

For France, he plays more consistently for sure as he did with Juve....At United we praise him most when he completes a pass these days.

Given the midfield talent out there 3 or 4 years ago, was Pogba really the only option?

GledTheRed

I just read we extended his contract until summer 2022. If he doesn't start performing well this means we might be able to get a good price in January. I hope, though, that he starts playing well and consistently.
I'd look to move him on, he's been an expensive failed experiment.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's a bit trite to say but he seems to be as good as the midfielder he's got behind him screening.

So if he had Owen Hargreaves or Kante he'd be the player he could be. If he gets Matic then he's the player he is.

clarkydaz

It's a bit trite to say but he seems to be as good as the midfielder he's got behind him screening.

So if he had Owen Hargreaves or Kante he'd be the player he could be. If he gets Matic then he's the player he is.
i remember when we signed Matic, he was the one who was supposed to 'free up Pogba'

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
i remember when we signed Matic, he was the one who was supposed to 'free up Pogba'
Yeah but he was losing his mobility by the time he came to us. Kante in his prime is his ideal backup to state the obvious. Pogba is a luxury player in a non-luxury team.

united for life

We exercised the contract extension. That’s a no-brainer. Now let’s hope we can sell him for 80 million or more next summer. Can’t see him with us next year. He wants to leave, we should allow him to especially that his return is poor

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United

For France, he plays more consistently for sure as he did with Juve....At United we praise him most when he completes a pass these days.

Given the midfield talent out there 3 or 4 years ago, was Pogba really the only option?
I have to say at the time I was over the moon that we were signing him even if it was for a world record fee. Fast forward 4 years and I wish he went to Madrid which is what he wanted in the first place. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I never thought he was consistent Juventus. His performances were massively overhyped because he would bang in a 30 yarder

Foxbatt

Sell him ASAP. We should have never got him in the first place for such a high figure.

sourdough satellite

He'll get another contract extension (and pay raise) ; there's no way Ed will let him go to his last year of this contract and then sell him for 30m or whatever he'll be forced to sell him for.

Betson

I'm willing to sell at this point, I'm not excited about extending his contact.
I reckon the extension is only to buy us a bit of time so as we can sell him on next summer and at least try and get something back rather than him leaving as a free agent, I thought Solskear more or less implied as much as well with his comments today.

Was just thinking the other day. If we sold Pogba for £100-£150m last summer.

Already signed:
Fernandes £50
DVB £40m

Just 3 CDM’s that have gone to other clubs that would arguably improve what we have:

Partey £42m
Höjbjerg £15m
Allan £20m

depending on how much we got for Pogba we could easily have signed the two that we signed plus anyone one of the 3 CDM’s and been in profit or broken even and come out of it with a better overall and more committed midfield.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Sell him ASAP. We should have never got him in the first place for such a high figure.
It made perfect sense at the time. He was full of potential (he was excellent at Juve) and was probably the most high profile young midfielder for his age we could attract. Even Mourinho at the time said the price we paid would be regarded as a bargain in the future.

If there's one positive that can come from this, is that hopefully we learn our lesson, and stop buying expensive players expecting them to instantly transform and take the team to the top all by themselves.

Last edited: